• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
We'd you go Les? I was patiently waiting for your return :). A good reminder that our eyes and perceptions can deceive us at the best of times.

Thanks for the clip Tashara. I was prepared to let the issue rest but seeing as you have raised it again, you seem to like leading with your chin.Good thing there's only 1 bloke with the whistle and it's not you. Have you got any clips of the number of times the BBC backline were penalised for being offside? Seems like half the bloggers on this site are BBC supporters who are tired of having a lean trot despite the funds they throw at Rugby. Just not getting the return on investment you were expecting. Don't worry mate - there's always next week. And also there are number of studies re excessive strength conditioning in the Gym combined with protein powders which result in abnormally high injuries. Do some googling - you might have an answer to your current problems.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks for the clip Tashara. I was prepared to let the issue rest but seeing as you have raised it again, you seem to like leading with your chin.Good thing there's only 1 bloke with the whistle and it's not you. Have you got any clips of the number of times the BBC backline were penalised for being offside? Seems like half the bloggers on this site are BBC supporters who are tired of having a lean trot despite the funds they throw at Rugby. Just not getting the return on investment you were expecting. Don't worry mate - there's always next week. And also there are number of studies re excessive strength conditioning in the Gym combined with protein powders which result in abnormally high injuries. Do some googling - you might have an answer to your current problems.

Good to see you found your tissues Les - despite your earlier claims the video says it all.

You're 100% correct a lot of us follow the comp and yes we are frustrated by the very very dry run but we are now a proud rugby school now as is evident by the results yesterday playing up the range.

All the best for the run home Les, I like TGS mate I had many a year supporting the underdogs.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

Excuse me Les - can you tell me :
1) those 7 new rugby league boys who came to TGS in grade 11 ( that caused a furore) how many in firsts?
2) when was last time TGS won a rugby premiership( i have looked as far back as 1950s)
3) whether TGS still has the highest number of soccer players in GPS ( as they did in 2015 when they won the soccer premiership)

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)

Back to therapy for Les !!

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)

Les
Some schools define success in different ways.Try this definition. On Saturday BBC :
1)had the 3rd most teams in the comp behind NC/GT;
2) had 7 supplementary matches in Brisbane -because that is the number of teams that TGS could not field;
3) had a 15 F and 13 F team.

In 2012-they were a rabble-I think they should be proud of what they have achieved.
I doubt they can overcome the 18 year old advantage that NC/TSS will always have .No other schools will unless they do a ACGS (2014) and bring in 8 Rep players in grade 11 or do a BSHS in 2016 and only use 18 players in the whole 1st xv season.

For instance on Saturday TSS had 8 boys who are 18 this year-GT had 1 .
Not criticising -just stating a fact.

As Socrates said " It is as it is"

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
I agree - everyone has injuries or flu- stop the whining and whinging.
BTw - before BBC 15 A read too much into the thrashing by IGS yesterday you better enquire about the flu epidemic in the grade 10 boarding house.
At Nudgee we don' t make excuses - we move on .

Mate come on, grade 10 flu epidemic? I know thats true but none of the rugby players in 15A's were affected by it. The team was at full strength, all players had returned from injury. You say we don't make excuses at nudgee but you are. We lost because we played like shit. Our attack was okay, but our defence was poor. 9 - Varricchio and 14 - O'Sullivan, only 2 who I thought made a positive impact for nudgee.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Excuse me Les - can you tell me :
1) those 7 new rugby league boys who came to TGS in grade 11 ( that caused a furore) how many in firsts?
2) when was last time TGS won a rugby premiership( i have looked as far back as 1950s)
3) whether TGS still has the highest number of soccer players in GPS ( as they did in 2015 when they won the soccer premiership)

Countryjack I can't tell you the intricacies of who TGS recruits and where they come from or how old they are - not close enough to the action.
As far as Scholarships and Recruiting go I think these days all schools go their hardest - even BGS who for years denied it before they picked up young Cornelsen and his mate who had both been shown the door at TSS and won an unexpected premiership.
The last time TGS won a Rugby Premiership was 1956 I believe - coached by 2 ex Internationals in the legendary Duncan Thompson and Jack "Cracker" McDonald - so a very long time between drinks for us. I am a TGS Old Boy but sent my son to TSS so have a foot in both camps. The latter having had strong Rugby sides since the early 2000s and producing the likes of Slipper, Simmons, Higginbotham (played in the 3rds), Morahan, Jonno Lance, Taupai,
Lloyd Johannson and others in that time. I think the TGS Rugby programme has been strong ever since they employed Enfantie and Farrell. I would like to think young Matt Faessler is destined for higher honours and Hamish Stewart. have not had an International since Jason Little. Cheers.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Countryjack I can't tell you the intricacies of who TGS recruits and where they come from or how old they are - not close enough to the action.
As far as Scholarships and Recruiting go I think these days all schools go their hardest - even BGS who for years denied it before they picked up young Cornelsen and his mate who had both been shown the door at TSS and won an unexpected premiership.
The last time TGS won a Rugby Premiership was 1956 I believe - coached by 2 ex Internationals in the legendary Duncan Thompson and Jack "Cracker" McDonald - so a very long time between drinks for us. I am a TGS Old Boy but sent my son to TSS so have a foot in both camps. The latter having had strong Rugby sides since the early 2000s and producing the likes of Slipper, Simmons, Higginbotham (played in the 3rds), Morahan, Jonno Lance, Taupai,
Lloyd Johannson and others in that time. I think the TGS Rugby programme has been strong ever since they employed Enfantie and Farrell. I would like to think young Matt Faessler is destined for higher honours and Hamish Stewart. have not had an International since Jason Little. Cheers.

Also add Nathan Sharpe, Matt Rogers, Caleb Brown and Josh Graham to the TSS Rugby Alumni list.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)

Les
Hamish Stewart is an immense talent as is current TGS 10.
I like the up -tempo game TGS plays ATM.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know whether the Dlands firsts played the BGS firsts? Seemed to have a very big win.

Downlands won 70-0; 34-0 at half time. Maybe Downlands have a pretty good side this year. Unfortunately for them they play mainly 2nd XVs execept for TGS where it will be a ding-dong battle for the O'Callaghan Cup as it is every year.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
BANG !!

Wise Sage - you got me !! I bow to your infinite wisdom and rapier-like wit !! Lets assume that you meant "lose", and wasn't talking about the "loose" 2..or 6, or 7 for that matter...

So endorsing your wise counsel, should we go and advise all teams who have lost more than 2 games thus far this season, from First XV through to your globe-trotting 12Cs, to pack up their boots as their seasons are over. Or maybe closer to home, if you are only talking about First XV, should we go to GT, TGS, IGS, BGS, BSHS and ACGS and give them a conciliatory "Well done boys - you can't win the premiership, so your season is over - Sage said so !"

Let's tell them all that their season is defined by winning a "premiership". Let's tell them all it's not all about how they play the game , or whether they enjoy the trot with their mates - don't bother turning up - 2 strikes and your out , season over, checkmate ( couldn't resist). As David Byrne once famously delivered - "Stop Making Sense !" (Go look it up )

Thanks for your offer of help though Sage ! BTW, can you also help me with OFC.. ??

Really explains a lot - trees / forest, battle / unarmed man - I am, respectfully, out Sage ! ( but I do like your interest in the globetrotting BBC 12Cs - tell me, can they stay on tour, or have they lost 2 matches ?? )

No & no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
1. Siggs
2. Van Der Nek/Dobbins?
3. Not sure
4. TSS Second Rower number 4? (sorry about the lack of names)
5. Wilson
6. Not Sure
7. Howard? (Hotly contested position)
8. Gerrard possibly
9. Plenty of quality 9's running around
10. Parata
11. Ipswich 11?
12. Churchie 12?
13. Stanghorn
14. Bennett
15. Dowd/Petatia (Poor spelling)

This is quite rough but getting the ball rolling