• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC again scores more tries(3 tries to 2) than opposition and loses.(outscored TSS 5 tries to 3)???
What is the aversion to penalty kicks from right in front??
Apart from dumb rugby by 1st xv otherwise a good day with BBC winning 12A,13A,14A,15A,2nds.

don't forget BSHS match in 2016-playing to stay in the comp -BBC scores 3 tries to 2 and knocks back 3 penalties all in front.
Coaches must have a bonus on number of tries scored?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Enjoyable game in difficult conditions - congrats to NC always know how to grind out a victory - BBC dearly miss not having a goal kicker which was the difference in both this match and the TSS one having scored more tries but conceding a loss.

BBC won 12A / 13A / 14A & 15A against undoubted the strongest GPS school - great effort indeed.

Well done BBC; extremely unlucky and I thought the better team on the day; however just can't bring it home. Complete mystery when they didn't go for goal: it's ok to be superior and take a penalty to win. You didn't have anything else to prove!

Wonderful you won all the A teams as listed above. However the key to a premiership is how yr 16 a's & b's are shaping up; and well there is nothing there at the moment for BBC (you may need the 15's). From what I have seen (from the 15's) have a long way to go before playing open football.

Further, the 16 b's are probably the best way to gage the first XV success the following year. If there doing well then the following year is usually a good year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
NC vs BBC 15A's, that was a cracking match. NC expected to have 50 put on them just like last week against IGS. Holy hell, a last minute try to BBC to gain the lead for a 17-14 win. BBC were the better team and deserved the win but far out it was close. Nudgee have earnt a hell of a lot of respect.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Not trying to look too far forward but TSS is about a converted try better than NC at this stage; that said NC have a good track record (particularly recently) at the coast. The backrow will need to be at their best (with pressure) to put the 10-12 off their game.

Next week the NC nemesis (Churchie) will be at the caldron. They and State High are must wins and they need to stand up and be counted in both those matches... So heads down arse up & no backward steps boys!! Yr seasons just about to start.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I think we're cruising for a Nudgee-TSS shared premiership.

Nudgee have wobbled to tight wins against Terrace, Toowoomba and now BBC - they've only really been convincing in one game this season (IGS).

Southport on the other hand have been the best team on the pitch every week by about a mile and a half, barring IGS.

Nudgee should beat BSHS and Churchie, but I can't see them beating TSS.

Meanwhile TSS' run home is the bye the week before Nudgee, then Churchie at Oaklands.

Barring a repeat of 2013 TSS will have one hand on the Premiership for the first time since 2010.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
P8190202.jpg
P8190218.jpg

P8190226.jpg

P8190228.jpg

P8190230.jpg

P8190227.jpg

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think we're cruising for a Nudgee-TSS shared premiership.

Nudgee have wobbled to tight wins against Terrace, Toowoomba and now BBC - they've only really been convincing in one game this season (IGS).

Southport on the other hand have been the best team on the pitch every week by about a mile and a half, barring IGS.

Nudgee should beat BSHS and Churchie, but I can't see them beating TSS.

Meanwhile TSS' run home is the bye the week before Nudgee, then Churchie at Oaklands.

Barring a repeat of 2013 TSS will have one hand on the Premiership for the first time since 2010.

I wouldn't necessarily say Nudgee has had the wobbles; they have self belief and grind out results with a large dash of lady luck (plus some silly decisions made by the opposition). There have been a number of occasions where the best teams (on paper) haven't won the premiership.

Would hold my judgement on the TSS game until next week. If Nudgee can have a good win and gain some dominance and confidence, I'll back em at the coast.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Could not stand watching the Wallabies-so I had a look at NC vBBC tape.
BBC dominated all facets of game except " composure."They had enough ball to win 2 games.NC kicker made them pay.I agree NC 7 had great game.As did BBC 2.
Surprised how dominant BBC was at scrum time.
NC could struggle at set piece against TSS,
I really am impressed by NC 16 A team.
We have a really good GPS comp going where any team can surprise on certain day(go IGS:( ).

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I could not believe the decision making by BBC towards the end of the match. The points were on offer (multiple times) and they did not take them.

A little while ago Gordon was slotting goals from everywhere and I thought his goal kicking ability would put a lot of teams to the sword but it looks like his confidence has crashed so low he would struggle from in front. I know the wind was playing havoc but the last penalty was in a spot that Gordon was capable of kicking.

I did notice a bit of discussion and confusion over what option was to be taken at the time the penalty was given and thought sanity would prevail. But it did not and BBC butchered so many opportunities.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
NC defence magnificent.NC 7 my MOM -outplayed his Aussie A counterpart

Nudgee's defense was outstanding - no question . Everyone wants to talk about BBC's decision making and lack of composure - and that's a fair cop on the chin

But lost in the chat was how good Nudgee's defense was and especially the defensive ruck

Yeah Moseley played the house down but Kibble did too - and I don't believe it's fair to say one outplayed the other . What I believe is fair enough to say is that the Nudgee defense / defensive ruck hunted like a pack of starving hyenas and BBC's collective commitment to their Ball Runner in protecting their attack ball was inconsistent and found wanting at times at critical moments and in advantageous field positions

And that shit is as unforgiving as a decision not to take a kick or a long throw ons windy day at the end of the game

Just more lessons in knowing what it takes to win

NB : Very impressed with Tom Forde ( 2 ) and Ethan Robbins 11 ( assuming he was left wing in first half - if not apologies to Ryan Shepherd )

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Nudgee's defense was outstanding - no question . Everyone wants to talk about BBC's decision making and lack of composure - and that's a fair cop on the chin

But lost in the chat was how good Nudgee's defense was and especially the defensive ruck

Yeah Moseley played the house down but Kibble did too - and I don't believe it's fair to say one outplayed the other . What I believe is fair enough to say is that the Nudgee defense / defensive ruck hunted like a pack of starving hyenas and BBC's collective commitment to their Ball Runner in protecting their attack ball was inconsistent and found wanting at times at critical moments and in advantageous field positions

And that shit is as unforgiving as a decision not to take a kick or a long throw ons windy day at the end of the game

Just more lessons in knowing what it takes to win

NB : Very impressed with Tom Forde ( 2 ) and Ethan Robbins 11 ( assuming he was left wing in first half - if not apologies to Ryan Shepherd )

100% agree on both fronts, full credit to NC for their defensive commitment and effectiveness, BBC decision not to take those kicks cost them the game and a crack at the premiership.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think the howling wind played a big part in the decisions not to take those penalty kicks.

Didn't bother the NC kicker from sideline.The options from the two 5 mtr scrumswith 5 minutes to go were just as bad.

Only real surprises to me yesterday was the walloping the NC 14 A s got and BBC winning the 2nds.On both matches NC out enthused by a smaller team-opposite of the 1st xv.That is a very very big BBC pack.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Did Nudgee win any A game yesterday? Did anyone see 15 and 16 in full?

In the firsts, BBC forward were colossal and NC made far too many error under pressure. Nerves or just hesitant in the conditions. Best player was 9, 12 and 2 for N.C and 5(first half), 9 and 7 for B.B.C. Nudgee clutch moment leadership excellent.

GT v BBC could be play off for 3rd.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Did Nudgee win any A game yesterday? Did anyone see 15 and 16 in full?

In the firsts, BBC forward were colossal and NC made far too many error under pressure. Nerves or just hesitant in the conditions. Best player was 9, 12 and 2 for N.C and 5(first half), 9 and 7 for B.B.C. Nudgee clutch moment leadership excellent.

GT v BBC could be play off for 3rd.

That's has to be a first. Not just for BBC but any school.

Status
Not open for further replies.