• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Did Nudgee win any A game yesterday? Did anyone see 15 and 16 in full?

In the firsts, BBC forward were colossal and NC made far too many error under pressure. Nerves or just hesitant in the conditions. Best player was 9, 12 and 2 for N.C and 5(first half), 9 and 7 for B.B.C. Nudgee clutch moment leadership excellent.

GT v BBC could be play off for 3rd.

Yes NC won the 16Â and remained undefeated.NC got pumped in 12A,13A (34 nil)and 14 A( 22-5 )and just lost 15A and 2nds..Never seen that in my time.We won all those matches against GT
I agree NC 9 was class under pressure and humble after the game.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A multiple team drawn comp is still very possible. I reckon State High might roll NC at home in the last round. Been a great and very unpredictable season.
BBC, NC, TSS, or GT shared comp IMO

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
So at the end of round6 the tables sit as follows:

1st XV NC undefeated meet TSS in round8 who have lost one game

2nd XV ACGS undefeated as are the highly touted TSS side who are behind due to a draw

16A NC & TSS both undefeated makes for a great double header in round 8

15A BBC undefeated

14A BBC & IGS lost one match each

13A BSHS & BBC undefeated meet next weekend

12A BGS undefeated

11A NC undefeated

A loss to any of the above and the comps often open wide up

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So at the end of round6 the tables sit as follows:

1st XV NC undefeated meet TSS in round8 who have lost one game

2nd XV ACGS undefeated as are the highly touted TSS side who are behind due to a draw

16A NC & TSS both undefeated makes for a great double header in round 8

15A BBC undefeated

14A BBC & IGS lost one match each

13A BSHS & BBC undefeated meet next weekend

12A BGS undefeated

11A NC undefeated

A loss to any of the above and the comps often open wide up

Lets take it one game at a time fella

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
A multiple team drawn comp is still very possible. I reckon State High might roll NC at home in the last round. Been a great and very unpredictable season.
BBC, NC, TSS, or GT shared comp IMO

That's a wing n a prayer hope, but possible. Think it's best to take the comp a game at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v BGS yesterday

Flickr or Facebook

36280519770_d70c0fdfab_z_d.jpg

35841332974_135803be29_z_d.jpg

Tall Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks & very interesting .Good even comp unlike AIC and NSW GPS

AIC was pretty even in most of the top teams this year.

http://aicsport.com.au/sport/rugby/

9A's had a 3 way tie for 1st, 10A's could have had a blanket thrown over the top three teams, same for 8A's.

16A's and 1st XV dominated by MCA. St Pats finishing a very noble 2nd (after getting walloped by MCA) but other games were relatively eveny matched.

troysnowden

Bob McCowan (2)
What a load of shit

I assume that's to me. Rugby players - especially at schoolboy level - are reliant on confidence and this could be as a result of injury, form and much more. Solely looking at what is most obvious (in this case, his goal kicking) often sweeps the real problem under the carpet.
Cheers for the constructive criticism: I really feel enlightened by your input.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't be a dick breakdown

What happened happened

There are literally a dozen other reasons as to why BBC didn't come away with the win

You want to talk about Rugby being at its best ?

Well that also includes not throwing 1 x guy under a bus in when he has 14 other teammates , many of whom , also made errors on the day

You want to talk about eating pressure and growth from the experience - sure . But it's not going to come from a Monday morning keyboard warrior

Play the ball champ and not the man

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Gordon is a bloody good player and will have his day. He tried his guts out on Saturday and the kick thing is irrelevant now. Who really knows why the team decided to go for the try instead? Maybe that was a gutsier call than taking the kick. Maybe they did man up?

Yep, play the ball not the kid.

X-Factor

Frank Row (1)
The BBC 15A's were underwhelming to say the least. They relied on a few moments of individual brilliance to secure a win in a tightly contested match that they arguably did not deserve.

BBC's 'stars' in the forward packs work ethic was questionable and 'stars' in the back line execution was poor.

NC back line 12-15 - Impressive.

I am not confident BBC's premiership drought (if still alive) ends in 2019. - Happy to be proven wrong.

P.S. If it were true the BBC 15A's were on the bench of the first XV... wow.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
The BBC 15A's were underwhelming to say the least. They relied on a few moments of individual brilliance to secure a win in a tightly contested match that they arguably did not deserve.

BBC's 'stars' in the forward packs work ethic was questionable and 'stars' in the back line execution was poor.

NC back line 12-15 - Impressive.

I am not confident BBC's premiership drought (if still alive) ends in 2019. - Happy to be proven wrong.

P.S. If it were true the BBC 15A's were on the bench of the first XV. wow.

I don't believe they had 15 A's players benching the 1st XV game. That would be incorrect.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I was at the game. One of the penalties was almost at ninety degrees in line with the goal posts and about 30m out. Definitely 'kickable' and I was astounded when Carter Gordon didn't step up and attempt to win the game for BBC. Bad decision by their Coach in my opinion. Nudgee supporters were so relieved and bewildered.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My memory may not be spot on here but I think they scored a try following that kick for line Taipan but not certain on that.

Gordon played well for a guy reportedly carrying an injury - he obviously was not confident about his kicking or he would have opted for the shot - should be a backup kicker in the side anyway, he has a lot of pressure thrust upon him and carries it pretty well overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.