• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Den

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah valid point Kevin. Although no need to target individuals. Good carry on from the parent fan base of the GT thirds team.

daverdule - account activeated as of last night - interesting

Get off your high horse, let's keep talking about what really counts, 1st XV footy. After watching BBC v BSHS, no.6 for State High Alex Smit and no.9 Isaac C. performed well. However, no.15 Jordan P. has got to be one of the better schoolboy talents floating around Australia this year with speed, power and agility partnered with a long kicking game and brutal defence.

BBC, on the other hand, lacked cohesion with stand in flyhalf running sideways and failing to distribute effective pill to both his forwards and outside backs. no.5 Hosea carried well and again no.7 Kibble got through a mountain of work - quality, rucking forward - something that Australian rugby lacks significantly.

Any other thoughts to this clash at Misken on Saturday?

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
daverdule - account activeated as of last night - interesting

Get off your high horse, let's keep talking about what really counts, 1st XV footy. After watching BBC v BSHS, no.6 for State High Alex Smit and no.9 Isaac C. performed well. However, no.15 Jordan P. has got to be one of the better schoolboy talents floating around Australia this year with speed, power and agility partnered with a long kicking game and brutal defence.

BBC, on the other hand, lacked cohesion with stand in flyhalf running sideways and failing to distribute effective pill to both his forwards and outside backs. no.5 Hosea carried well and again no.7 Kibble got through a mountain of work - quality, rucking forward - something that Australian rugby lacks significantly.

Any other thoughts to this clash at Misken on Saturday?

Activated*. Get off your high horse, Gregory.

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
I have to agree George, the GT 3rds showed their strength in round 1 against our Nudgee outfit on Ross Oval with a 20-0 victory. Their defence was unbreakable and their attacking flair was a true testament to their ability.
They should be able to claim an opens premiership this weekend against TGS. Last GT 3rds premiership being in 2003.

You boys seriously need to get a grip and stop trolling this forum. Its getting ridiculous. Clearly BGS 3rd XV are the most talented bunch of footballers in the competition this year.

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
The Hill is seriously just a physical organic matter. Rugby is spiritual. BGS 3rd XV got "pumped" on the weekend. There is no such thing as "kings of the hill" just schools in the inner city of Brisbane. False accusation MrFootyLegend123.

TheRugbyGod

Stan Wickham (3)
Massive game BSHS 3RD XV against BGS 3RD XV with the losing team set to receive the wooden spoon. This game is set to be a cracker with a lots of missed tackles, drop balls and big hits. All though 90% of the team are playing their 1st year of rugby, they play the game as though they've played for years. Eyes out for James Galanos BSHS #12 and Andrew Alexander BSHS #8 and Ishan Dutta BSHS #12 who are set to be putting some huge hits on.

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
Massive game 3RD XV against BGS 3RD XV with the losing team set to receive the wooden spoon. This game is set to be a cracker with a lots of missed tackles, drop balls and big hits. All though 90% of the team are playing their 1st year of rugby, they play the game as though they've played for years. Eyes out for James Galanos #12 and Andrew Alexander #8 and Ishan Dutta #12 who are set to be putting some huge hits on.

BGS are shoe ins for premiership in the 3rds comp so i don't know what you're talking about.

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
I don't know what all this raucous is about BGS 3rds. From the weekend, it is clearly evident that they are beginners. Unable to pass the ball fluently like GT. But, I've got to say they didn't give up. Not too shabby, but not clean enough.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congratulations on selections to the boys. I know some position. Can expert assist me out with other?

IGS: 11
Jack Webber
Konrad Wallace - 7
Nathan Weir - prop
Tom Tronc - lock
Christian Krause - 13
Ethan King - 15
Jamaine Laei - centre
Kalani Thomas - 9
Kedan Chan-tung - wing
Sam Walker - fly half
Seamus King-Smith - wing

BBC: 10
Connor Hayes -
George Gibson - 8
Hugo Purcival - lock
Jacob Blyton - lock
Jake Tierney - prop?
Jack Howarth - 15/13
Jack Kelly - 12
Lukas Ripley. - 15
Oryaan Kalolo - 10
Will Stevens -

NC: 6
Angus Mackay - lock
Johna Luka - 6
Athen Waia - wing
Lastus Aukai - 15
Titi Nofoagatatoa - 12
Tresman Banjo - centre/wing

BSHS: 6
Kai Johnstone - 7/6
Linston Tuimavave - 8 or prop
Tom Duke - lock or 8
Denver Taylor - 9
Genyr Diaz - wing
Sam Silli - 13

TSS: 4
Harry Vousty - hooker
Michael Van der Schyff - lock
Tom Mccormack
Hudson Meir - 15

TGS: 4
Hamish Muller
Baxter Franey - 10
Kai Rahui
Wilson Cochrane - 9

GT: 4
Charlie Condon - 6
Gus Dillman - 2
Jordan Bell -
Patrick Elelkana - 12/13/14

BGS: 2
James Peirce - 1
Lachlan Pheely - 3

ACGS:
Aidan King - hooker

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I was stunned when BBC won 6 out 8. Matches on Ross oval the other week and now I see they won every single game against BSHS on weekend .
My mate has a son who is captain of BSHS 13 A side and they did not expect to lose - even though both teams undefeated.
He tells me the BBC 1st xv ran the water for 13A . Now that is how you build a culture.Even though I expect to share the 1st xv premiership - I could not see too many TSS 1st xv players doing that ( they have their earphones in too much for my liking).

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nudgee lost 6 out of 8 on Ross to BBC ?? What did they start games at 7am that day ? Nudgee won 21 out of 29 games against BBC across the program. Yes they lost some younger A games, but this was no real surprise considering the number of younger age kids BBC have already dropped in.

NC current U16s lost by 50 to BBC back in U13s and turned that around this year to win convincingly, NC beat them as U15s last year too.

Dig a little deeper to see where programs are really at... can't just invest in your top 15 players; lots of 1stXV players played Bs and Cs in their younger years before their growth spurt.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^Depth is as important as top line talent

It makes State High's achievements last year all the more remarkable

The match ups in the final round between High and Nudgee will be interesting as well.

I figure 13A's will be a High win and by a fair bit ....14A's to be a narrow Nudgee win.....15A's ....if High play with the same purpose as to what Nudgee did in both of their matches against BBC then High should win by a 12 to 15 point margin to claim a tie for second with Ipswich

16A's should be a shellacking to Nudgee as will the Seconds

Firsts to Nudgee - to complete an undefeated season but it will be close - High's 15 is best player I've seen this season .

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I was stunned when BBC won 6 out 8. Matches on Ross oval the other week and now I see they won every single game against BSHS on weekend .
My mate has a son who is captain of BSHS 13 A side and they did not expect to lose - even though both teams undefeated.
He tells me the BBC 1st xv ran the water for 13A . Now that is how you build a culture.Even though I expect to share the 1st xv premiership - I could not see too many TSS 1st xv players doing that ( they have their earphones in too much for my liking).

Understand where your coming from Countryjack and yes it is good to see BBC come a long way over the past decade or two. Makes for a closer (more interesting) competition and is better for rugby in general.
However as behindthescene's said NC came out on top 21 from 29 games. Digging a little deeper into the results BBC won the 15's by 3-2 and drew the 12's 2 all. However the 15A game was closer than expected and the NC 15 B's and C's had close but good wins. Probably the most disturbing result for BBC is the 16 year division where NC won both game comfortably (the B's game by 82-0). This is more a reflection, in the absence of new faces, to success in the open division the year after.
Yes BBC did win the following A's teams 15, 14 13 & 12 but if what behindthescene's said about"seeding" the younger teams with with top prospects, doesn't necessarily lead to success in the top team.
Also good to see BBC building a culture with the older "guys" assisting the young and impressionable, but be careful of knocking others methods (TSS), as they have been successful and at the top of the pile for at least 3 decades now.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hi guys

Im from NSW

What are the possible 1st XV scenarios from here?

Have Nudgee got one hand on trophy already?

Could TSS or BBC join NC as joint premiers depending on results in next 2 weeks?

A quick snapshot would be much appreciated.

Rich

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Hi guys

Im from NSW

What are the possible 1st XV scenarios from here?

Have Nudgee got one hand on trophy already?

Could TSS or BBC join NC as joint premiers depending on results in next 2 weeks?

A quick snapshot would be much appreciated.

Rich

Hey Rich_E Nudgee would probably be in the sit position; however being schoolboy football anything can happen.

Nudgee have TSS this weekend at the Coast which they are probably the underdogs for, however they have had a fair bit of success there in recent years. Say they lose this one then they will be equal with TSS, but have the improving BSHS at the "soleless" Fursden Field (BSHS ground) the following week. This could make it interesting. One would think NC will win that, if they put in, but predicting it may be "edgy" for a lot of the game.

TSS have NC and then Churchie. I would expect them to win at least one if not both games, giving them 14 points. Churchie have reasonable good forwards (as per usual), but the backs are just not up to it at the moment. I don't see this changing over the next 2 weeks.

BBC have Churchie (a cruise for them) and the GT. I think the GT game at Terrace will be hard for them after a long season (BBC bye was in round 1) and GT really hasn't performed as was predicted. I could see GT win that one, but just (with a lot of intervention from above!).

Therefore most likely TSS NC joint premiership, then less likely NC outright, followed by TSS, NC BBC joint. The latter would be BBC's first win since 1954 in the famous 4 way tie.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The problem with early success in the under age groups is that there is a tendency to get lulled into a false sense of confidence where the lazy thought is that success is permanent.

Depth isn't so much of an issue in younger age groups ........but Sage is right it starts becoming a more critical issue in U15's and U16's in terms of what type of success you are likely to have come Opens

Quite frankly I see Opens Rugby as a 5 year development plan and you've got to create and maintain engagement through your B to D teams in 13's and 14's - this is critical

You can't just keep stacking and racking with top line talent as you soon run the risk of dynamic issues ( 1 x Ball and 15 studs ) and then you have disengagement with those that think they are too good.

The trick is to turn the average into the above average and then into the good to very good over a 3 year window - even if you have a "Project 15" from B to D in 13's to 15's and develop a progression program for them - they either follow it ( with the right type of encouragement that sits above them ) or they don't - its on them

Under such an approach you might get lucky and get a half a dozen guys come Opens that are right in the mix for your best 25 guys you can run in your Firsts Squad

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hey Rich_E Nudgee would probably be in the sit position; however being schoolboy football anything can happen.

Nudgee have TSS this weekend at the Coast which they are probably the underdogs for, however they have had a fair bit of success there in recent years. Say they lose this one then they will be equal with TSS, but have the improving BSHS at the "soleless" Fursden Field (BSHS ground) the following week. This could make it interesting. One would think NC will win that, if they put in, but predicting it may be "edgy" for a lot of the game.

TSS have NC and then Churchie. I would expect them to win at least one if not both games, giving them 14 points. Churchie have reasonable good forwards (as per usual), but the backs are just not up to it at the moment. I don't see this changing over the next 2 weeks.

BBC have Churchie (a cruise for them) and the GT. I think the GT game at Terrace will be hard for them after a long season (BBC bye was in round 1) and GT really hasn't performed as was predicted. I could see GT win that one, but just (with a lot of intervention from above!).

Therefore most likely TSS NC joint premiership, then less likely NC outright, followed by TSS, NC BBC joint. The latter would be BBC's first win since 1954 in the famous 4 way tie.

Thanks for that The_sage. Perfect snapshot.

As you'd probably know our comp is over.

I will be watching live streams for remainder of your comp, now knowing alot more about possible scenarios.

Thanks heaps.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.