• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
A few league players will be missing on Saturday due to trials. Unfortunately we won’t be able to see the true potential of each team. Higher number of leaguies in this age group coming through than the previous few years.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Walker written up in the Courier today as well, the Roosters reckon he will play NRL as an 18 year old.

Is he playing 10 at IGS?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He trialed for Met West 15's a couple of years ago and was outstanding, dropped out due to QLD League commitments. Then played QLD in the Junior Gold Cup and they thumped everyone.

He's a great kid too, very coachable. He'll play State of Origin in years to come.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Jets,

How do you rate him against Tommy Deardon or Ezra Mam ?

Co-incidence that his best game last year when he did make it through into the First XV was at 15 v TSS ?

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
A few league players will be missing on Saturday due to trials. Unfortunately we won’t be able to see the true potential of each team. Higher number of leaguies in this age group coming through than the previous few years.

Correct
A number of RL boys from NC,BBC & IGS will be away at rep RL..

Savage is a big loss to BBC,GPS rugby and Reds.
Not everyday you have the fastest boy in GPS history on your wing.
Palm Beach High has 6 boys from last years Qld under 16 RL team-that must be the attraction.But may well be the end of his track career.But BBC won by 50 points last year -so they will still be T&F favourites.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jets,

How do you rate him against Tommy Deardon or Ezra Mam ?

Co-incidence that his best game last year when he did make it through into the First XV was at 15 v TSS ?

The thing about Sam is he has a lot of time, like all the good players. His only issue maybe his size, he probably needs to put on some more weight if he is to play NRL next year (also I haven't seen him in 8-12 months). Dearden has opened up opportunities for other young guys with how he's going.

I think most young 10's benefit with the extra space and time at 15 when they step up a level. This years 1st XV season will be good to watch.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I had to look that up but F'me 10.5 is quick! Beat all the older boys (including the 18s record too!)

Unbelievable run by Savage that day, but according to the GPS meet records he had a massive 3.9 tailwind for that race which was probably worth about 0.2 to him.

B

Bobby Sands

He trialed for Met West 15's a couple of years ago and was outstanding, dropped out due to QLD League commitments. Then played QLD in the Junior Gold Cup and they thumped everyone.

He's a great kid too, very coachable. He'll play State of Origin in years to come.

Do you know anything about Byron Johnson?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Byron Johnson - Wing / Fullback . I would have liked to see him transition as a 9 two or three seasons ago but it never happened

Tremendous player that doesn’t get a lot of attention. Smart and composed. Would end up in my “ all defensive back 3” Schoolboys running around in QLD. Very tenacious defensively

IGS’s Ethan King and Downlands Mac Grealy being my other 2

He doesn’t have the pace of Savage ( but who does ) but BBC will gain different strengths with Byron stepping in ( if he ends up winning a starting spot )

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
He doesn’t have the pace of Savage ( but who does )

TB from NC & Bowyer of BBC are the only ones within coee.About .4 behind on last years GPS T&F.