• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Nudgee got up on both games. Pretty sure IGS beat BBC.

We were missing Vella and Hayes. IGS missing Walker. BBC missing Howarth, Bowyer and Ripley.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
For the sake of accuracy:

BBC & NC - 2 converted tries each
BBC & IGS - BBC 5 tries to 4 (edit: I don't believe there were conversion attempts in this game)

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I didn’t think young Gordon got the first goal kick.
Not that it matters... but just checked my footage and I see the Nudgee student linesman with his hand up indicating the kick was good. But meh.. don't know why they bothered spending so much time with conversions in trials.

G

GingerBreadCrab

Not that it matters. but just checked my footage and I see the Nudgee student linesman with his hand up indicating the kick was good. But meh.. don't know why they bothered spending so much time with conversions in trials.
It matters. Check it again.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Nudgee got up on both games. Pretty sure IGS beat BBC.

We were missing Vella and Hayes. IGS missing Walker. BBC missing Howarth, Bowyer and Ripley.

Also missing Byron Johnson , Taj Annan in the backs and with the other 3 out - no subs across the 2 games

No Tierney, Durheim or Hansen upfront either

IGS pack looked to be at full strength in who was available (minus Tronc ) but were also missing King, King-Smith and Chung Tan in the backs ( Met West League )

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
GO
It will be an interesting year for BBC. NC were not at full potential either.

What did you think of the IGS tight 5? I would not rule them out. BSHS seem to be doing ok too.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
IGS ? Darkhorses for sure. They will jostle with Terrace and BSHS for 4/5/6. Will be pretty even between these 3

S

Sgt Slaughter

IGS ? Darkhorses for sure. They will jostle with Terrace and BSHS for 4/5/6. Will be pretty even between these 3

BSHS have had a minimum 5 starters out every game they played so far including the weekend beating both TSS and Terrace - they are my Dark Horse for 2019, you heard it here first :)

4/5/6 be more like - BSHS, BBC, TSS, NC to battle for 1/2/3/4

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
. was
BSHS have had a minimum 5 starters out every game they played so far including the weekend beating both TSS and Terrace - they are my Dark Horse for 2019, you heard it here first :)

4/5/6 be more like - BSHS, BBC, TSS, NC to battle for 1/2/3/4

How do you account for TSS putting 50 on them last trial.
And they got flogged by NZ school.
4 boys are not going to make a 50 point difference.
There was up to 8 TSS 1sts not playing Saturday.

I say that to me
TSS will win:
NC/BBC tied 2 nd.

Yes- BSHS if no injuries for 4th.There depth is poor.

S

Sgt Slaughter

. was

How do you account for TSS putting 50 on them last trial.
And they got flogged by NZ school.
4 boys are not going to make a 50 point difference.
There was up to 8 TSS 1sts not playing Saturday.

I say that to me
TSS will win:
NC/BBC tied 2 nd.

Yes- BSHS if no injuries for 4th.There depth is poor.

5 players not 4 and thats 33% of the team how could it not - trial game results are nothing to go bye, whether you lose by 50 or 5 it doesnt mean anything apart from the job done on the day. If your argument is based on trial game results I guess BSHS beating both TSS and Terrace makes them the front runner.

You are correct depth for BSHS is a problem however injuries can plague any team at any time - only time will tell

P>S try watching the game with two eyes open next time will help you see better - there were more than 7 1st XV TSS lads playing on the weekend ;)

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
5 players not 4 and thats 33% of the team how could it not - trial game results are nothing to go bye, whether you lose by 50 or 5 it doesnt mean anything apart from the job done on the day. If your argument is based on trial game results I guess BSHS beating both TSS and Terrace makes them the front runner.

You are correct depth for BSHS is a problem however injuries can plague any team at any time - only time will tell

P>S try watching the game with two eyes open next time will help you see better - there were more than 7 1st XV TSS lads playing on the weekend ;)
Was told Terrace played their 16s against BSHS

S

Sgt Slaughter

I highly doubt it, I know some of the boys that played they are not U16 - I’m sure there would be a few in there no doubt like BSHS 3 Yr10 boys, they all played in good spirit and done their schools proud.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

Not quite 16's but certainly their second squad in comparison to the TSS half - still had a number of first stringers but mainly out of position to accommodate the back ups. Trails of course so things change.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
I highly doubt it, I know some of the boys that played they are not U16 - I’m sure there would be a few in there no doubt like BSHS 3 Yr10 boys, they all played in good spirit and done their schools proud.
Of course you would know them, probably played soccer against them first term.School instead of Schools may have been better also.Im just drawn to your continual excuses .

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm a bit in the dark about these trials. Are they to assist in rep selections or to assist school coaches select their best 1st 15's ?
They seem only to muddy the waters in that clearly good players were missing from most schools and boys were playing out of their (probable) normal positions . I'd hate to be a selector making sense of what was served up on Saturday.

Having said that ; State High have some impressive boys in their front row and a dangerous 13 but they were playing the T S S bench some of whom were out of position - what does it prove?