• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Quoting Sage Too...
And whilst having big men is handy, having faster men (to the break-down) is even better at this level. Then after they have tackled you into submission, hopefully without expending too much energy, the game opens up and they attack to the "tired".

Not disagreeing with the sentimentment, but funnily enough the opposite happened vs. TSS last year - big boys slept first half and steam rolled in the second half - just left it too late!

Reactions: vac

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Quoting Sage Too.
And whilst having big men is handy, having faster men (to the break-down) is even better at this level. Then after they have tackled you into submission, hopefully without expending too much energy, the game opens up and they attack to the "tired".

Not disagreeing with the sentimentment, but funnily enough the opposite happened vs. TSS last year - big boys slept first half and steam rolled in the second half - just left it too late!

Not to discredit the effort from NC in the first.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Sage Too. We have Harry Vella who I see as the team’s general. Vella has the maturity to bring a team together and to direct the backs to play the game required. Vella is key and that is why he will be captain for a second year. Our forwards will feed off Vella. Vella is where our strength will prosper.

GO. I will come back to you with the final 2 for which is holding me short with the tight 5 for IGS. Agree that this year will require the best up front, but shit have you seen their backs. Looking forward to seeing the league boy Sam Walker at fly half. I think he may rattle a few teams this year along side his elusive backline. That is why they are the dark horse.

We shouldn’t under estimate TSS. They always pull a rabbit out of the hat. And well there is BBC, which I think is their time for a title. I almost want to just give it to them. BUT bloody good players this year. Looking forward to seeing their rollout.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Hearing out of GT that Steve Kefu and Mark Chisholm are new 1st xv Coaches, with Tony McGahan new head of sport, must mean he's leaving his Reds Academy role? Big names - Stevie Kefu has done quite a bit of coaching professionally and at souths, Chisholm not so much - being a wallaby will probably appease many of the parents there I would think.interesting times if true.

Good news on the coaching selection. Whilst GT are in a bit of a shambles early in the season, there are some real talents coming through from their year 11 boys and a couple retuning. I personally would like them to get up there this year.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So how will the U16’s go this year ? Those that figure to play First XV ?

Bob Rug has been keen on some Terrace 16’s - but what of them and others ?

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Lets see...I think they could have what it takes this year to finish on top. I don't expect that has ever been said about BBC before...

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Damn straight BBC are big. Off the top of my head I can think of Tierney, Ruru, Durheim, Romano who are all around if not over the 115kg mark. Gibson, Kelly, Doe all over 100kg mark. Uncertain of Blyton, Hayes, Wald and Kelly-Knowles but boy they wouldn't be far off.

BBC forward pack has depth. real depth. A luxury in comparison to previous years.

Size is one thing but this pack is mobile. Some serious pace and not only in the back row. They'll need it though to keep up with the jets in the backline i.e. Bowyer, Savage and Ripley - These boys most likely to form part or at least be in contention for the 4x100m relay team come term 4 as BBC aim to make it 4 in a row.

Touch wood but this is the year for BBC.
Your scales must be broken. Speaking to a BBC mate tonight and one of those boys is lucky to be 90kg. The pressure on the hearts of these teens must be immense. I think Terrace showed by coming second in the head of the river that this year 12 group are made of sterner stuff. I expect their forward pack to run these large lads off their feet!

But BBC have some significant edge in their backline which IGS will match so they too will need to run around BBC forwards off their feet. Who is mobile at 115kg or even at 100kg? Really!

If BBC don't pick the smaller mobile pack they will regret.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Your scales must be broken. Speaking to a BBC mate tonight and one of those boys is lucky to be 90kg. The pressure on the hearts of these teens must be immense. I think Terrace showed by coming second in the head of the river that this year 12 group are made of sterner stuff. I expect their forward pack to run these large lads off their feet!

But BBC have some significant edge in their backline which IGS will match so they too will need to run around BBC forwards off their feet. Who is mobile at 115kg or even at 100kg? Really!

If BBC don't pick the smaller mobile pack they will regret.

April fools day is next week - just love that rowing-rugby correlation one of the best but great to see the early enthusiasm.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I didn't think you had any mates at BBC Confucius ? When did this happen ?

Good to see All Over It's Kool Aid comes in Green and Black Jelly Bean , and , your mate's comes in Sour Grape.

Optimized-the-truth-is-out-there-x-files-poster.jpg

Anyway ......who rowed out of Treasure , Dillman / Bishop , Big Ed , Boyle , Nasser , Emarley And Me , Jorgensen , Devon, Burns , Bell , Elekana , Little V , Big V , VDB and Siolo

All of them ? None of them ?