• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Found this old gem online the other day. Back in my day when TSS were a little more beatable. FTR not my video, I was sitting somewhere in the stands after playing thirds. I believe this was with the older leather ball and notice the distance on some of those kicks. No lifting in the lineouts...and some good old not-so-friendly rucking.
Good luck BBC in 2019

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Thanks Blanco

Some cracking early match ups

Obviously TSS v Nudgee in R1 - but High v IGS in R1 , High v Nudgee in R2 , and TSS v High in R3 will all be games that will cast the dye of what the season will end up being

DragonsDen

Frank Row (1)
Thanks Blanco

Some cracking early match ups

Obviously TSS v Nudgee in R1 - but High v IGS in R1 , High v Nudgee in R2 , and TSS v High in R3 will all be games that will cast the dye of what the season will end up being

Any TSS or BSHS lineup Predictions?

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
The fly half position is important but you need the other 14 players on the field to have chemistry, and those other 14 players will give the fly half the opportunity to control the game and room to move. This is what Nudgee are good at, and BBC are very poor at. In my opinion, BBC should have won the premiership for the past 2, maybe 3 years looking at the quality skill and speed of those players. Nudgee win because ‘every’ player is out on the field for the team and the honour of our school. The coaching staff have a ‘no lose’ attitude and bring the best out in every single player. This year will be no different.

Correct. 2017 they outscored TSS & NC 8 tries to 4 and lost both matches. Clearly the better team at Ross oval that day but composure let them down.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Don’t worry about how many wins GT might manage this year GO, clocks ticking , yours’ to lose with all that talent.
Giddy up !

So that fabulous undefeated BBC 15 A team from 2017 that set all types of point scoring records are now in open rugby.Lets see how they handle the 18 year olds NC & TSS throw at them -and from what I hear at TSS a few new NZ boys.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm not sure why anyone gets a tremor when NZ boys are mentioned ....like there is some automatic better pot to piss in

Touring NZ Schoolboy teams over this way last year weren't all that matched up against the puny , lowly Aussie competition , and indeed , even touring AIC Teams have gone over in the last couple of years and been competitive ( awaiting on likely AIC Premiers for 2019 about to face Otago Boys High in the next day or two )

Anyway.......

Blue , Blue , Blue ...... I assume your lads will be quietly waiting on Ross come Round 8 ?

Big whoop .

Whilst Nudgee at Ross is to be respected it has no hold over these boys as they've never lost a game there as they have been coming through since U13. Composure won't be an issue. If anything the pressure is more on Nudgee to win against these guys at home

18 year olds ? Cool . There is a few in the BBC stable as well .

Just to add that fabulous BBC 15A team you mentioned also won the 16A's last year ( yes shared ) but effectively without their backline . That would say something quite obvious while the superficial spotlight is elsewhere directed. Two thirds of them were in Opens Rugby last year either starting or playing legit minutes so the whole thing about now being in Opens Rugby doesn't really apply

We have TSS at home ( Old Boys Day ) on August 24th and IGS and BSHS are also at home

You need to find another tree to bark up old mate ........maybe a Gum Tree at TSS in Round 1 , that if I were you , I would be more focused on in the initial instance ..........y'know seeing as though they have all those bad ass NZ boys and all

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
GT's Glen Vaihu and Pat Elekana both currently have a run with Colts 1 at Sunnybank, with Ed Hiley running around with Colts 2 at UQ.

Any other schoolboys warming up for the season ahead by running around in the Colts comp ?

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
GO said "I'm not sure why anyone gets a tremor when NZ boys are mentioned ..like there is some automatic better pot to piss in

Touring NZ Schoolboy teams over this way last year weren't all that matched up against the puny , lowly Aussie competition , and indeed , even touring AIC Teams have gone over in the last couple of years and been competitive ( awaiting on likely AIC Premiers for 2019 about to face Otago Boys High in the next day or two )"

It's not Otago BH you want to worry about, it's the Christchurch teams. Australian SBoys have not come within a bulls roar (closer last year) of the Kiwi teams over the last 6-7 years; so I welcome anyone from NZ to Australian schoolboys rugby. The only way to beat them is to become familiar with their play....and....well... beat them!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Partially agree Sage.

From what I have been exposed to and observed is that there is not much difference up until U15/16

But between 16 to 20 the gap becomes a canyon

I say this in all sincerity ( and as well meaning compliment ) school programs here that have excellence within them , as Nudgee have proven over time , would ( depending on who was who in the zoo in any given year ) fare well against the Top 5 to 8 nationally ranked teams

The perennials like St Kents , Hamilton Boys High , Christchurch Boys High

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Oceania U20 Championship squad - QLD

Joe Cotton (QLD)

Jack Hardy (QLD)

Trevor Hosea (VIC)

Tom Kibble (QLD)

Noah Lolesio (ACT)

Isaac Lucas (QLD)

Fraser McReight (QLD)

Josh Nasser (QLD)

Kye Oates (QLD)

Bryon Ralston (QLD)

Egan Siggs (QLD)

Liam Usher (QLD)

Harry Wilson (QLD)

Michael Wood (QLD)

Oceania U20s Championship, Bond University, Gold Coast

Round 1 – Friday, April 26

New Zealand v Fiji, 5pm

Australia v Japan, 7pm

Round 2 – Tuesday, April 30

New Zealand v Japan, 5pm

Australia v Fiji, 7pm

Round 3 – Saturday, May 4

Japan v Fiji, 5pm

New Zealand v Australia, 7pm

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Oceania U20 Championship squad - QLD

Joe Cotton (QLD) - Nudgee

Jack Hardy (QLD) - WA Schoolboy

Trevor Hosea (VIC) - BBC

Tom Kibble (QLD) - BBC

Noah Lolesio (ACT) - TSS

Isaac Lucas (QLD) - GT

Fraser McReight (QLD) - BGS

Josh Nasser (QLD) - GT

Kye Oates (QLD) - TGS

Bryon Ralston (QLD) - GT

Egan Siggs (QLD) - TSS

Liam Usher (QLD) - Padua

Harry Wilson (QLD) - GT

Michael Wood (QLD) - Padua
m

Schools added above plus

Pat Tafa (NSW) - BSHS

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone got news on early trial games, I know TSS played the other week.

My man at BGS tells me they have a game against a NZ team after their camp during the holidays

He also mentioned there look to be 1 or 2 new faces down at their preseason. Hopefully they can help a team that may dies not seem to have many 2018 players returning