• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Big weekend for the BBC boys
-Tom Banks MOM for Brumbies in win over Lions;
-Rhys Van Nyk MOM for Easts prem grade over Bond
-Carter Gordon 3 tries and MOM in Wests putting 70 on UQ

Why isnt RVN in Aussie under 20s?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
And Isaac Henry getting 10 from 10 to round it off
Isaac was actually man of the match as awarded by the opposing team and announced after the game. Carter did play very well , impressed by his game management and defence, having Isaac outside would no doubt help.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
For those of you who are interested there is a new series of The Season that started last week on Fox Sports

This latest series features last year’s Wellington Schools Champion , St Pats Silverstream - who ended up getting done by Napier Boys High in the Semi Finals of the Hurricanes Draw

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
tss lost to new plymouth boys high on tuesday. try on the last play of the game to np boys. np boys played bshs today but don't know score yet . been told bgs play them on sat

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS v New Plymouth 29 all draw. Combined TSS 2nds/16A team defeated NPBH 2nd by about six try's to nil. TSS appear to have very good depth. New 8 and I ( brothers I think) from NZ and another forward from Kebra Park add to the mix.

Looks like they might not have the luxury of a goal kicker of CP's ability.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I wouldn't write BSHS off . They had 5 guys out that will start . I'm sure the score line would adjust if they were available.

BSHS will have a definite impact on this season's competition , maybe not in being a genuine contender , but in definitely playing a spoiler role to those that figure to be going for it.

Underestimate them at your peril

And that goes for all teams basically . Look at how hard it was for TSS at Grammar last year . Sure , Reno took the afternoon off and went to the Ekka and won the Woodchop ........but still .....

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've asked around the local rugby club ( replete with Kiwis) ; NPBH are a respected rugby school and boy , they certainly looked the goods against TSS (who where without Zane N). Their forwards are big, fast and skilfull ; their backs are big, fast and skilfull - they came out of the blocks at 100 mph - credit to TSS for reigning them in. I wondered on the day if the combined 2nd's / 16A's might have beaten them given their showing against the visitor's 2nd's.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
For what it is worth New Plymouth are "ranked" No 28 in Z First XV Schoolboy Rankings.

But today their 4 and 15 were outstanding and their 6 looked pretty good too . They were pretty doughy in the first 15 to 20 minutes and BSHS certainly had them on the back foot , and , were the first to score

But New Plymouth put 3 tries on in the last 10 minutes of the half and then it was goodnight Nurse. When they got going their ability to break the line and support the ball carrier was outstanding as was their passing ability and their speed and superior level of endurance conditioning.

Impressive team with some impressive players and good to watch

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I note that BSHS have :

IGS ( Home ) in Round 1
Nudgee ( Home ) in Round 2
TSS ( Away ) in Round 3

Pretty tough opening draw but if everyone is available for BSHS the direction of the season could well be determined in any of these games , and of course , TSS ( Home ) v Nudgee in R1

spud

Peter Burge (5)
I've asked around the local rugby club ( replete with Kiwis) ; NPBH are a respected rugby school and boy , they certainly looked the goods against TSS (who where without Zane N). Their forwards are big, fast and skilfull ; their backs are big, fast and skilfull - they came out of the blocks at 100 mph - credit to TSS for reigning them in. I wondered on the day if the combined 2nd's / 16A's might have beaten them given their showing against the visitor's 2nd's.

What was the TSS First XV Lineup???

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS had their first hit out yesterday against the touring New Plymouth team, I believe the 2nd/16a team had a narrow win. The 1st went down by 2 points, 4 tries each. A few new faces in the BGS team with each of them having a strong impact on the game, a couple of the returning players and last years 16s all had positive involvements also. Not sure of the line up of the opposition compared to the TSS and BSHS games but a good start for their first trial.

Greg Adams

Frank Nicholson (4)
So Greg ...tell us a bit about the few new faces in the BGS team

Perhaps a line up prediction?

I have been away from the scene for a year or so and only found myself there as i was watching someone in a football trial on earlier, my info was gained by talking to those around me and by no means to i believe all i was told :)

What i did take away from the parents i was speaking too ( some not with sons in the team) was that there are 4 - 5 new boys with RL backgrounds 2 backs and 2 forwards that were playing in the 1st trial and another that played in the 2nds trial

As for a line up prediction, im not aware of names but was told that there are only 2 backs returning ( no.10 from last year who played 9 in the trial) and a winger who is a 3rd year player, add to that the 2 new RL boys ( I assume a 10 if the 10 from last year is playing 9 ???)

For the forwards, there were 4 or 5 that played on Saturday that either played 1st or 2nds last, sounded like the front row and second row were new for this year.

That's all i have for you. Hopefully they can build on the trial and have a good season, in BGS terms that is, as when i was watching with some interest the times were tough