• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A little of topic... but do TSS supporters ever post on here? In 6 years I have rarely seen a soul from the coast here.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Have you watch them play Taipan? They have to be the biggest disappointment of the year. They have some quality kids and coaches but it all isn't working. Maybe the decision to let kids play for QLD is backfiring, as a few of those kids are playing 2nd XV. They should have BGS covered in the battle of the Hill, but I thought they'd have ACGS covered too.
The same could be said about their cricket team this year!!, team of champions,BUT...

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
A little of topic. but do TSS supporters ever post on here? In 6 years I have rarely seen a soul from the coast here.

yes we do-but I live in Brisbane so don't get to many games.
I will be thereon Saturday-I have allowed 2 hours to find a park. My personal view is that TSS have better forwards-but BBC have better backs.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
yes we do-but I live in Brisbane so don't get to many games.
I will be thereon Saturday-I have allowed 2 hours to find a park. My personal view is that TSS have better forwards-but BBC have better backs.

Catch a train to Taringa and walk down. Will save you a lot of time.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The forum does seem to be getting quieter :(

2019 – 253k* total hits
2018 – 330k
2017 – 496k
2016 – 527k
2015 – 512k
2014 – 641k
2013 – 498k
2012 – 399k
2011 – 108k
2010 – 19k

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Fair analysis Jack. I’ve noticed a lot of people jumping on the green, white, black bandwagon. But even as a BBC supporter I believe TSS are superior. Your forwards are better than ours by a greater margin than the margin our backs are better than yours. What good are backs without the ball. Your set-piece scares me. Happy tackling BBC!

I agree with you -but 3 things worry me:
1)defence wins the big matches-and I think BBC has best defence stats in comp;
2) BBC coming off a hard match- and TSS not been tested since NC(where to be fair TSS backs were skittish);
3) the x factor of BBC 12,13 and the boy that was 15 last year-on wing last week.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Only rooting for BBC for the obvious.

BBC definitely have had the players. Without a doubt there have been more quality super rugby players come out of BBC than any other QLD GPS school over the past few years. Without a premiership, you would need to question the culture and the coaching. Just saying.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I predict there will be predictions and I am hearing that things are being heard

Ok you want a real prediction ? Here it is .

Before the season is out Chets will swallow his microphone and Darvo will start dropping the “prodigy” label like Lebron drops dimes

There will be a team of the season , and also , an All Prodigy XV that Roar Sports will try and injunct Double Take Sports from using under claim of intellectual property ownership
Health check?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Agreed - this team isn’t like BBC team’s of the past. That is, dare I say it. Previous teams played the season out in their heads before a game was played. This years team knows how to win as proven over various dominating performances of its core in club and rep and they expect to win.

All I ask is for a great game of rugby and the result not to determined by the whistle like the infamous Jayden Ngamanu “knock-on” in 2015 that cost BBC a try and potential conversion. This game was decided by an after the whistle penalty shot that heart-breakingly fell short. Another year of what could’ve been.

IS THIS THE YEAR?!
Same shit, different year.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

2019 – 253k* total hits
2018 – 330k
2017 – 496k
2016 – 527k
2015 – 512k
2014 – 641k
2013 – 498k
2012 – 399k
2011 – 108k
2010 – 19k
QLD GPS or GAGR in general? Interesting, I signed out in 2015 after 4 years and resigned late 2018. But ready to sign out again now.

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think it also may be linked to the great job Double Take are doing covering the games - we can see things with out own eyes. If I was an entrepreneur/tech head I'd build an integrated platform that combines the forum and the live streaming.

2019 – 253k* total hits
2018 – 330k
2017 – 496k
2016 – 527k
2015 – 512k
2014 – 641k
2013 – 498k
2012 – 399k
2011 – 108k
2010 – 19k

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just the annual GPS thread. 2019 may yet catch up to 2018's final figure with the final four weeks + postseason wrap but eyeballs are trending down

King , it's definitely coincided with you posting less

True... I was probably responsible for a good 100,000 personally back in the day :D

A

Aussie Luke

Brisbane Smarties v Once Were Warriors - An easy win for Terrace. 40 points. The Terrace kids to possess slightly more Ninendo games than the Grammar boys.

The Alpine School v Queensland State Government’s Best - State High to win comfortably, I’d estimate by 20 points.

The Oldish School on the Bremer v The Newish School on the Creek - Ippy to open up the batting with around 30 points on Churchie.

Toowong Grammar School v The Surfing and Recently Rugby School - The boys in the Boater hats (and the Nudgee family of 10000 brothers) to cheer the BBC 1st XV home to a historical Premiership. BBC to win with a 40 meter drop kick after the bell.
I predict you’ll hear “O Flower of Scotland” cascading across the hills of Toowong until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

City boys and Country Boys - Nudgee BYE if you don’t hear the bagpipes sounding from the hills of Toowong post midnight!

A

Aussie Luke

TSS Hamish Roberts putting a whopping 43 points on the board again BGS. Most points scored in 100 years of GPS rugby. Hamish going from strength to strength this year.

A great achievement but it is on the back of a team that's putting on over 60, 70, 80 points per game and he took 10 or so kicks v BGS. An incredible tally though, both by this young man as well as the school, particularly the 43/80 points v BGS.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Another week comes around with some great match up.

TSS Vs BBC - TSS by 14 - Can only go on what I have seen and TSS are a more complete team. Really like the look of BBC 12 he can play. TSS to win the forward battle and TSS back can score points.

BSHS VS TGS - BSHS by 5 - Up The Hill and BSHS don’t travel well, could be an upset. TGS will keep bashing anything in front of them and it just might work this week. Add a howling gale and anything is possible.

IGS Vs ACGS - IGS by 20. The tackling 9 from Churchie will be busy on Saturday. Maybe he should wear a jersey number 71/2. ACGS back line defence will be sorely tested and I hope the 15 is ready. ACGS forwards will keep plugging away and keep the big IGS pack under control.

GT Vs BGS - GT by 3 - Hard game to judge. BGS will scrap every inch of the way. But GT are due to put something together. BGS don’t give GV any space. When he moved to 12 he almost took the game away from ACGS.