• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping sheet for this week is HERE

If Terrace don't win this week I'll be crying myself to sleep on Saturday night.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
A great achievement but it is on the back of a team that's putting on over 60, 70, 80 points per game and he took 10 or so kicks v BGS. An incredible tally though, both by this young man as well as the school, particularly the 43/80 points v BGS.

Didn’t the Pipers beat Grammar by 50? Whatever it was I still think they win by a try

BBC 50 v Hamish Roberts 43

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wishful thinking there , how things have changed when a Nudgee boy is cheering for a BBC win in the hope of a shared premiership.

I remember most of the Terrace 1st XV showing up to support BBC vs NC in the early 90's (at Ross) during their last round bye. BBC were well out of the race, but if they won GT would have won the comp. The GT captain came out with the kicking tee for BBC at one close point in the game. Oh...yeh BBC lost, but only by 12.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I remember most of the Terrace 1st XV showing up to support BBC vs NC in the early 90's (at Ross) during their last round bye. BBC were well out of the race, but if they won GT would have won the comp. The GT captain came out with the kicking tee for BBC at one close point in the game. Oh.yeh BBC lost, but only by 12.

1991. GT v NC drew in the penultimate game. GT had the bye last round so needed BBC to claim the premiership. They didn't and we didn't (undefeated runners up).

And it wasn't the skipper (Nick Stiles) who ran the kicking tee sand out. Twas me. The Nudgee lads started cheering "bring on the terrace sand boy". Was quite funny.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1991. GT v NC drew in the penultimate game. GT had the bye last round so needed BBC to claim the premiership. They didn't and we didn't (undefeated runners up).

And it wasn't the skipper (Nick Stiles) who ran the kicking tee sand out. Twas me. The Nudgee lads started cheering "bring on the terrace sand boy". Was quite funny.

Yup. I remember clearly now. I played in the 3rd XV all that year. You were ripping it up on the openside in the 1sts and your 6-4 win at Tennyson was a great game with Flanagan scoring the winning try off a scrum. Good game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yup. I remember clearly now. I played in the 3rd XV all that year. You were ripping it up on the openside in the 1sts and your 6-4 win at Tennyson was a great game with Flanagan scoring the winning try off a scrum. Good game.

v BBC? I may have played loose but was Tight Head Prop not openside. Fanning was the tryscorer off the scrum.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ok...I am a little mixed up I guess. I remember the blonde haired GT flanker coming on with the sand at Ross. That was you?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

I am a little confused here - NC won the premiership 1991 correct? - and GT and NC drew - GT must have lost a game or they would have been joint premiers. Who beat GT that year?

EDIT: - Ahhh GT drew another game??? With who?

BAG

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
A shame that GT and BGS won't be able to be viewed this weekend

GT with the class edge in the backs but I reckon BGS will get the edge on them upfront

Even if it is a draw - BGS would still finish over the top of GT this season ( noting that GT have TSS , IGS and Bye and in this scenario BGS's 2 x draws win over GT's 1 )

TGS with a convincing win over BSHS up on the Range

IGS in a canter over Churchie

BBC over TSS in a thriller

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

God bless you FairPlay. Very cool that you are still a passionate and committed Old Boy that talks fondly of his experience as a 3rds player and connectivity to the entire experience of being a schoolboy Rugby player albeit if it was another time and place

Respect

A

Aussie Luke

Good stories above re the Terrace lads and the Sand Boy and Terrace supporting BBC on Ross! That's what it's all about and I don't feel so bad now cheering for BBC this weekend v TSS!

I still think TSS are the top team this year and so BBC really need to play the game of their lives to beat them. If this happens, the BBC v Nudgee game on Ross will be reminiscent of the end of season Grammar Nudgee game on Ross where Grammar won the premiership.

A

Aussie Luke

Any views on the BBC set piece v TSS? This is the area I think BBC might find the most challenging.