• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Anyway just for shits and gigs here is how I have TSS/Nudgee from the livestream

1. NC 1
2. TSS 2
3. TSS 1
4. NC 5
5. TSS 5 (VDS)
6. TSS 6
7. NC 7
8. TSS 4 (Tolatu)
9. NC 9
10. TSS 10
11. TSS 11
12. NC 12
13. TSS 13
14. TSS 14
15. TSS 12

Nudgee won't get close to beating BBC. TSS will beat BBC comfortably - by 10 plus. Churchie will do Nudgee too to go through undefeated with TSS in a shared Premiership.

We will see if your predictions are correct.
Nudgee to upset BBC and beat ACGS.
Shared Premiership with TSS.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'm guessing you see a Nudgee and TSS shared premiership Mr T ?

Nudgee doing BBC at BBC , and then ACGS at ACGS , and BBC doing TSS at TSS ?

A particular note of commendation from watching Saturday's game - and I'll even bold it

TSS's Syris Schmidt might end up being the best No 10 to come out of GPS Rugby over a 3 to 4 year span , say , from 2018 through to 2021

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm guessing you see a Nudgee and TSS shared premiership Mr T ?

Nudgee doing BBC at BBC , and then ACGS at ACGS , and BBC doing TSS at TSS ?

A particular note of commendation from watching Saturday's game - and I'll even bold it

TSS's Syris Schmidt might end up being the best No 10 to come out of GPS Rugby over a 3 to 4 year span , say , from 2018 through to 2021

Does he still have one more year left? Impressive.

Scout

Peter Burge (5)
Does he still have one more year left? Impressive.

Yes Syris is in grade 11 this year, Turning 17,
He was selected in Burleigh heads Mal Meninga cup team but that season was called off, He is affiliated with the Gold Coast Titans.
He has put a lot of KG on to buff up his frame.

Scout

Peter Burge (5)
GT 1STXV 2020
1 E. Hiley
2 R. Slevin
3 L. Bishop
4 X. Boyle
5 J. Woodward
6 F. Nasser
7 M. Bitungane
8 A. Chambers
9 H. Davis
10 R. Lee
11 W. Hancock
12 D. Pule'eanga
13 D. Vaihu
14 O. Casey Ryan
15 J. Harrison-Leounoua

Harry walters will be there, he was selected in U16 QLD reds 2019,

Rodger Ramjet

Frank Row (1)
Yes Syris is in grade 11 this year, Turning 17,

He was selected in Burleigh heads Mal Meninga cup team but that season was called off, He is affiliated with the Gold Coast Titans.

He has put a lot of KG on to buff up his frame.

There was also 3 yr10's in key positions for TSS 7,9 and 15..

A

Aussie Luke

Nudgee were all over TSS in every aspect of the game until the last 8 minutes, when they were up 21 - 7 but then seemed to fall asleep, probably because they knew it was a trial and didn't want any injuries after proving themselves in the rain. TSS are big and strong, but could only manage tries from silly mistakes from Nudgee in the closing stages of the match. Having said that, both these teams will go undefeated once the real season starts.

I didn't see BBC and Churchie but it sounded very close and I would have thought BBC would have been more dominant than a scrape over Churchie if they are genuine contenders.

Toowoomba and Ipswich seem like they will be the dark horses and I think one of them or both will do Churchie and BBC.

Coasty2

Frank Row (1)
Nudgee were all over TSS in every aspect of the game until the last 8 minutes, when they were up 21 - 7 but then seemed to fall asleep, probably because they knew it was a trial and didn't want any injuries after proving themselves in the rain. TSS are big and strong, but could only manage tries from silly mistakes from Nudgee in the closing stages of the match. Having said that, both these teams will go undefeated once the real season starts.

I didn't see BBC and Churchie but it sounded very close and I would have thought BBC would have been more dominant than a scrape over Churchie if they are genuine contenders.

Toowoomba and Ipswich seem like they will be the dark horses and I think one of them or both will do Churchie and BBC.

I watched the TSS-Nudgee game and TSS were simply being patient and waiting for Nudgee to run out of steam. TSS will once again be very hard to beat. My son is in Yr 10 there and from all reports, they didn't play their best game, even though they got away with the win.

Scout

Peter Burge (5)
TSS’s set piece was a LOT better than expected. And they have the class edge in their midfield with Schmidt / Ngamanu / Fifita which is best in comp. Looks like they have a couple of go’ers on the wing to carry on from Hamish Roberts - one of the most under rated wingers in the competition over the last few years.

Nudgee’s 7 looks lively as does their 5 and Pops Jones at 1 will add starch.

Nothing else in their pack will threaten anyone and they are carrying a couple of passengers.

Varrichhio at 9 has spunk and zip but Lastus looks like a lone wolf in that backline with others not up to it or still too young to go toe to toe with best

Another below par season for Nudgee (by their standards) I suspect.

Quality isn’t there

With such rainy conditions and Rob toia Nudgee outside centre making the transition into first 15 it is understood he was hesitant to go full 100% in his first big game, give him time and you will see one of the best line running centres going around. As seen with Jo Jo the first year is always a transition and from grade 11 to 12 Jo jo really put weight on for his frame, expect Rob to be much the same, remember he is in year 10 and 15 turning 16.
Byron Smith at fullback is a good ball runner and knows when to pass look for him to be used more when the conditions are more favourable. Perhaps one of the better players on Saturday was Nudgee 11 he didnt get much ball due to the wet slipper conditions but when he did Sione was very destructive often breaking 2+ tackles. Look for Lastus to hit him with the cut out ball during the season, or the grubber or chip through.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
We will get a better idea of overall strengths when TSS play ACGS at home this week.
TSS tight 5 went better than I had expected.
What I have seen from last 2 years -and again what I hear happened on Saturday is that ACGS is a well drilled,minimal mistakes,play field position team.With pick & drive as biggest weapon.
It will take more than that to win a premiership.
I will be there R6 v BBC for old boys day at shark tank.
Howath v Jo Jo & battle of the two 7s will be very much anticipate-and with two props back BBC may have scrum advantage.

Scout

Peter Burge (5)
We will get a better idea of overall strengths when TSS play ACGS at home this week.
TSS tight 5 went better than I had expected.
What I have seen from last 2 years -and again what I hear happened on Saturday is that ACGS is a well drilled,minimal mistakes,play field position team.With pick & drive as biggest weapon.
It will take more than that to win a premiership.
I will be there R6 v BBC for old boys day at shark tank.
Howath v Jo Jo & battle of the two 7s will be very much anticipate-and with two props back BBC may have scrum advantage.

Yes and Fullback for Southport is Jye Gray who is 16 so will be a tough task for him taking Howarth on if he makes a break

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
With such rainy conditions and Rob toia Nudgee outside centre making the transition into first 15 it is understood he was hesitant to go full 100% in his first big game, give him time and you will see one of the best line running centres going around. As seen with Jo Jo the first year is always a transition and from grade 11 to 12 Jo jo really put weight on for his frame, expect Rob to be much the same, remember he is in year 10 and 15 turning 16.
Byron Smith at fullback is a good ball runner and knows when to pass look for him to be used more when the conditions are more favourable. Perhaps one of the better players on Saturday was Nudgee 11 he didnt get much ball due to the wet slipper conditions but when he did Sione was very destructive often breaking 2+ tackles. Look for Lastus to hit him with the cut out ball during the season, or the grubber or chip through.
Without Banjo, Lastus is the only 18 year old blue chipper in that backline - and you then have to rely on a couple of Grade 10’s as next best in the top end talent pool.

Nothing special or top end in the forward pack compared to say TSS’s Michael VDS who is head and shoulders the best lock , maybe even the most promising lock to come along in the last few years (say since BBC’s Trevor Hosea and including Churchie’s Fred Fewtrell , TGS’s Will Chaffey and even his older brother, Tom )

I think BBC will clown Nudgee. Brutally. Churchie not so much but will take the win against them nonetheless

And @ AussieLuke , the only way TGS or IGS take down BBC or Churchie is in their dreams and even then they would need to wake up and apologise.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tipping for next weekend can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1B8f-4dqDzR4anCiT9OlvxEmQzwNBHqYVUHKrJBItgf0/edit

Last weekends results:

RedsRugbyFan101 3/4
Blanco 2/4
Seagull 2/4
Melomvp 1/4
Matt 3/4
Taipan 3/4
MW 1/4 (only person to tip TSS though)

This weekends games (which I believe are 2 x 40 min halves):

TSS vs ACGS: Churchie got beat heavily last year, but the 16a match was a close affair. I expect to Churchie to go hard at it and look for a win considering they have a bye next week (official start of the comp). I don't think they will get it, but they might make a tight game out of it

BBC vs GT: Jeez I wish I knew more about each team. Could be close?

NC vs BSHS: Boy, this could be a massacre. 110 to 21 point differential last year between the respective 1sts XV's and 16a's for both schools. And that was at State High. Good luck BSHS.

IGS vs BGS: I'd put my house on an IGS win, but hard to tell by what score. BGS haven't turned their program around yet, and IGS were banging on the door last year.