• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What are we filming this week Doubletake?

Obviously not the BSHS and BGS games.

Are we going to be lucky enough to get the other 2 matches?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
No crowd at school game? I believe that BBC will finally win it.

Most of their baggage last year were parent and some of them would have been very heavy to carry on to the field.

A

Aussie Luke

Without Banjo, Lastus is the only 18 year old blue chipper in that backline - and you then have to rely on a couple of Grade 10’s as next best in the top end talent pool.

Nothing special or top end in the forward pack compared to say TSS’s Michael VDS who is head and shoulders the best lock , maybe even the most promising lock to come along in the last few years (say since BBC’s Trevor Hosea and including Churchie’s Fred Fewtrell , TGS’s Will Chaffey and even his older brother, Tom )

I think BBC will clown Nudgee. Brutally. Churchie not so much but will take the win against them nonetheless

And @ AussieLuke , the only way TGS or IGS take down BBC or Churchie is in their dreams and even then they would need to wake up and apologise.

It's important to note that Nudgee were up 3 tries to one into the last third but also they got across the line another 3 times but spilled the ball in the rainy, muddy conditions. Their backline hardly saw the ball as it was reduced to an up the jumper and up and under game. TSS forwards were big and strong, but they were dominated by a smarter Nudgee side for most of the game. TSS didn't score any tries off the set piece but rather scored with against the run of play tries (apart from the first try at the beginning of the game), whereas Nudgee's tries were very structured and on occasion off the set piece.

Having said that, compared to the last three seasons, there were not any stars who really stood out for me in the Nudgee team. No star flyhalf, like Pasitoa, no wings like Trezman Banjo nor Jangala Bennett, nor any leaders organising the team like Harry Vella. My initial observation is that it is a solid team but not a star studded team.

I don't know how strong BBC as I didn't see their trial game, but they didn't post a big score v Churchie and so I think I need to see a little more to be able to pass judgement.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yet you already have passed judgment on them by calling TGS or even more laughably IGS to take them down. I'd hardly say that TSS were dominated upfront either. Obviously the deck gave everyone an even chance - even Nudgee who had to carry a passenger or two in their pack.

A

Aussie Luke

Yet you already have passed judgment on them by calling TGS or even more laughably IGS to take them down. I'd hardly say that TSS were dominated upfront either. Obviously the deck gave everyone an even chance - even Nudgee who had to carry a passenger or two in their pack.

Laughably IGS? They matched it with TSS the last few years and so I wouldn't write them off at this stage. I haven't heard or seen anything yet that BBC is a contender. Do they have a lot of players back from last season?

BBC v Terrace this weekend might shine some more light on where BBC sits considering Toowoomba gave Terrace a hiding last weekend.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are we filming this week Doubletake?

Obviously not the BSHS and BGS games.

Are we going to be lucky enough to get the other 2 matches?

I'd imagine the feature game this weekend would be the Toowoomba derby - TGS vs Downlands, it was Doubletake's game of the round last year in the corresponding round. Apart from that, seeing as it is still a trial round I don't think we will get anything.

On a tipping front I'll take the very early bragging rights with a solid 3/4 to start the season.
This week looks like a piece of cake.

TSS vs ACGS: Off the win against NC at Ross, TSS return home and comfortably beat ACGS who struggled last week at Miskin (from the match reports I've heard - hopefully I haven't been led astray).

BBC vs GT: BBC to win by at least 20. BBC will simply be strong out wide in the dry.

NC vs BSHS: Agree with fairplay here, NC to win by quite a bit. Be interesting to see whether they roll out a full strength team here or against MCA who they are very interestingly also playing on Saturday in a trial match. In either case the 2nds would still win by a truckload.

IGS vs BGS: IGS looked good last week in awful conditions against BSHS, I'll take the boys in the red and white.

intheknow2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Be interesting to see Nudgee at full strength- noticed they had some big names sitting out last week with at least 2 regular starters from last years team in the grandstand (wing & lock) ... the butcher stripes might just be ok

sonnybinkboys99

Bob McCowan (2)
Laughably IGS? They matched it with TSS the last few years and so I wouldn't write them off at this stage. I haven't heard or seen anything yet that BBC is a contender. Do they have a lot of players back from last season?

BBC v Terrace this weekend might shine some more light on where BBC sits considering Toowoomba gave Terrace a hiding last weekend.

Would hardly consider it a hiding. Terrace were playing many u16 and seconds players. Players like Nasser and Vaihu only got 20 minutes.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Terrace were playing many u16 and seconds players. Players like Nasser and Vaihu only got 20 minutes.

The word is the 20 minutes they were on was the 20 minutes they put the most points on them. No doubt TGS played a heap of u 16's and rested a bunch of 1st players as well, so fair's fair in my book, no excuses. Lets call it a soft hiding "Aussie Luke".

I cannot wait to see the TSS Churchie game this weekend, that for me will be the key to where everyone sits this season. For the season sake would create a cracking buzz if the Vikings got up.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
All home teams to get up this weekend.

TSS - Should win this fairly easly.
BBC - Should win But as these are trials I dont know whta teams are being rolled out.
NC - Training run for NC
IGS - Depends which IGS turns up.

G

George Hennon

Does anyone know if TGS vs DC is on Doubletake with commentry? Feeling a huge TGS win after last years DLC team just got carried by Mac Grealy. Lets be real TGS could have put 50 on them if it wasn't for him. Don't see anything special in any of the dlc players this year. Could be wrong though

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know if TGS vs DC is on Doubletake with commentry? Feeling a huge TGS win after last years DLC team just got carried by Mac Grealy. Lets be real TGS could have put 50 on them if it wasn't for him. Don't see anything special in any of the dlc players this year. Could be wrong though

The only one currently listed is TSS versus ACGS (on YouTube).

The common theme in the streams so far is TSS!

A

Aussie Luke

They are showing TSS v Churchie? Great if they are and it might give indication of where the teams sit. You'd have to think TSS will win this game comfortably but an upset would be great to shake things up a bit.

BBC should make an easy meal out of Terrace.

Nudgee will put a decent score on State High.

IGS? I think they're the dark horse and will knock one of the big teams off this season.

TGS to beat Downlands.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)

I had a mate from the US text them and Doubletake confirmed to him they would be showing it. 7pm kick off at the Toowoomba Sports Ground so the two schools can control entry.
I hope they are streaming it because I've got 15-20 TGS Old Boys coming round to mine to watch it.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I had a mate from the US text them and Doubletake confirmed to him they would be showing it. 7pm kick off at the Toowoomba Sports Ground so the two schools can control entry.
I hope they are streaming it because I've got 15-20 TGS Old Boys coming round to mine to watch it.

Love ya work

G

George Hennon

does anyone know why BGS and BSHS are still in the GPS????
Personally, I see nothing special in any particular player from either school. I hope they prove me wrong though with some good games this season. Thats if the season is still on due to Covid.