• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
What an awesome competition we have this year, Some great rugby been played during the trials. BBC look really strong, Howarth looks unstoppable in the midfield. The forwards look big and agile the likes of Romano and the 6,7,8 look strong I hear the 6 is only 16 and has been a titan in defence a player that’s turning heads, big for his age,One to watch for the future.

Regit Silva

Frank Row (1)
I watched the State High Vs Nudgee U16 game last Saturday. A high quality game. State High was fielding a heavy set of forwards vs the fast backs of Nudgee..... a lot of talent across the field.

EDIT - LAST SENTENCE NOT NEEDED (MODS)

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
What an awesome competition we have this year, Some great rugby been played during the trials. BBC look really strong, Howarth looks unstoppable in the midfield. The forwards look big and agile the likes of Romano and the 6,7,8 look strong I hear the 6 is only 16 and has been a titan in defence a player that’s turning heads, big for his age,One to watch for the future.

Yes he and the 12 are both 16 yrs old

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
School rugby is cyclical in nature with a variety of headmasters and heads of sport having different views on the value of certain sports etc etc. The schools that prove successful in producing wallabies are the ones that provide consistent levels of development across the grades without a particular focus on the 1st XV. That stuff sort of looks after itself in most years and every now and then you get a special year.

Good post. Traditionally , it was the Clubs that took these young men's development further after School. You look at one of the most successful periods in Australian Rugby through the 90's culminating in the 99 world cup and you are hard pressed to see many GPS boys as part of that mix. Fletcher Dyson was a John Paul College student , David Giffin a Redeemer College student , Damian Smith - Clairvaux, Dan Crowley , Mark Connors and Brendan Cannon all Lauries boys , John Eales and Dan Herbert - Marist Ashgrove , Ben Tune went to St Pauls at Bald Hills , Sam Scott Young - Townsville Grammar, Matt Cockbain was Country NSW (Coffs) as was Chris Latham (Narrabri) and then of course you had Tim Horan,Brett Robinson and Garrick Morgan from Downlands. Totai Kefu from Coorparoo High.

I am sure there may be others but the only guys I can think of off the top of my head that were part of the core from that era who were GPS lads were David Wilson (BSHS/IGS) and Jason Little (TGS)

But their real development and consequent opportunities came out of kick ass strong Clubs - Souths and Brothers especially through the late 80's into the early to mid 90's

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Good post. Traditionally , it was the Clubs that took these young men's development further after School. You look at one of the most successful periods in Australian Rugby through the 90's culminating in the 99 world cup and you are hard pressed to see many GPS boys as part of that mix. Fletcher Dyson was a John Paul College student , David Giffin a Redeemer College student , Damian Smith - Clairvaux, Dan Crowley , Mark Connors and Brendan Cannon all Lauries boys , John Eales and Dan Herbert - Marist Ashgrove , Ben Tune went to St Pauls at Bald Hills , Sam Scott Young - Townsville Grammar, Matt Cockbain was Country NSW (Coffs) as was Chris Latham (Narrabri) and then of course you had Tim Horan,Brett Robinson and Garrick Morgan from Downlands. Totai Kefu from Coorparoo High.

I am sure there may be others but the only guys I can think of off the top of my head that were part of the core from that era who were GPS lads were David Wilson (BSHS/IGS) and Jason Little (TGS)

But their real development and consequent opportunities came out of kick ass strong Clubs - Souths and Brothers especially through the late 80's into the early to mid 90's

Paul Kahl?? - but you are correct not many and mainly peripheral

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Something in the water st Toowong ?
3(Pettit) ,5(Milne) and 12( Harry MP (Moana Pasifika)) out of BBC 1sts xv this weekend.
1,4 and 13 out of 2nds.
On top of losing 1st choice 8(Lington) for the year 1st choice 4(Shaw) has not played.
Depth must be now very stretched.
Best match of day will be BBC 5ths v Nudgee 9ths (yes-ninths)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ST JOSEPH’S GREGORY TERRACE v ST JOSEPH’S NUDGEE COLLEGE, TENNYSON
Terrace
1. Lachlan Bishop, 2. Rory Slevin, 3. Noah Stevens, 4. Jeremiah Woodward, 5. Angus Munn, 6. Marly Bitungane, 7. Joseph Liddy, 8. Fergus Nasser, 9. Will Greentree, 10. Riley Lee, 11. Devin Pule’anga, 12. Will Hancock, 13. Dave Vaihu (captain), 14. Jono van Aswegen, 15. Josiah Harrison-Leaunoa​
Nudgee
1. Will Jones, 2. Oahu Davey-Phillips, 3. Harrison Swane, 4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa, 5. Oliver Harvey (vice-captain), 6. Kyle Schramm, 7. Michael Jones, 8. Tevita Mapa, 9. Oscar Varricchio, 10. Benn Dalle Cort, 11. Sione Tapuosi, 12. Lastus Auakai (captain), 13. Robert Toia, 14. Robert Mapa, 15. Byron Smith​
BRISBANE STATE HIGH SCHOOL v THE SOUTHPORT SCHOOL, CARINA
BSHS
1. Julius Su’A, 2. Malachi Fruean, 3. Josh Mongard, 4. Zac Tia, 5. Ben Bartlett, 6. Trey Soli 7. Matthias Maugatai, 8. Vincent Sefo, 9. Jackson Connelly, 10. Jackson Chang, 11. Ben Nielsen, 12. Ezra Howe, 13. Antioch Faitala-Mariner, 14. Riley Bierton, 15. Jerome Daniel​
TSS:​
1. Carsen Patu, 2. Harry Vousty, 3. Massimo De Lutiis, 4. Hunter Dalzell, 5. Isaiah Tolotu, 6. Nick Hilton, 7. Jonathon Burnett, 8. Michael van der Schyff (capt), 9. Fraser Cowan, 10. Syris Schmidt, 11. Jack Denson, 12. Kaleb Ngamanu, (vice-capt), 13. JoJo Fifita, 14. Beau Arscott, 15. Caid Jenkins​
TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR SCHOOL v IPSWICH GRAMMAR SCHOOL, OLD BOYS MEMORIAL OVAL
TGS
1. Charlie Wigan, 2. Hunter Hamblin, 3. Tane Pardoe, 4. Zac Reddan, 5. Cooper Bridgeman, 6. George Wunsch (vice-captain), 7. Hugh Andreas, 8. Hamish Muller (captain), 9. Wilson Cochrane, 10. Matthew Wilson, 11. Nick Cave, 12. Sebastian Sialau, 13. Joseph Currie, 14. William Johnston, 15. Morris Clementson. David EnfantieHead Coach​
IGS
1. Ieremia Mataafa, 2. Ben Murphy 3. Saipele Tamilo, 4. Dante Fruean, 5. Orlando Swain, 6. Nathaniel Fox, 7. Nik Mitchell, 8. Xavier Stowers, 9. Luke Dixon, 10. Zac Alley, 11. Malique Douthat-Sjoberg, 12. Jed Bignell, 13. Ethan King, 14. Kyle Colburn, 15. Seamus King-Smith.​
BRISBANE GRAMMAR SCHOOL v BRISBANE BOYS’ COLLEGE, NORTHGATE
BBC
1. Andrew Romano (vice-captain), 2. Uhila Senituli, 3. Harvey Guest, 4. Dimitrius Williams, 5. Hugo Percival, 6. Zach Hough, 7. William McIntyre, 8. Tom Wheen, 9. Blake Davis, 10. Mason Gordon (captain), 11. Jarrod Homan, 12. Peron Faimalo, 13. Jack Howarth (vice-captain), 14. Lachlan Rubens, 15. Taj Annan​
BGS
To be advised.​

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Anyone got a team list for ACGS from last weekend, or this weekend??

ACGS team against TSS. Churchie have a bye and no games are being played or advertised as being played. Not even internals.

( 1 ) Harry Parissis
( 2 ) Max Craig
( 3 ) Tom Zuidam
( 4 ) Tom Skerl
( 5 ) James Hanham
( 6 ) Jock MacPherson
( 7 ) Henry Wilson
( 8 ) George Stoddart
( 9 ) Sam Farrar
( 10 ) Zack Lamont (B/GD)
( 11 ) Jack Richardson
( 12 ) Josh Meyer
( 13 ) Larson Dale-Doyle (B/GD)
( 14 ) Noah Coleman
( 15 ) Luke Philp (B/GN)

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
I Expect BBC will continue to improve and become more succinct as the weeks progress, leading up to TSS. They have suffered some minor setbacks with the loss of 3(Petit), 12(Harry MP (Moana Pasifika)) and 5(Milne). This is nowhere near as detrimental as the loss of the assumed starting ten during pre-season. David Meng is expected to return for the clash against Nudgee. He broke his hand during practice when reserve prop Angus Ward fell onto him, and a scuffle between teammates ensued. This created a divide within the team leading up to the trial game against Churchie. However it was reassured that BBC would remain the team to beat with their concise win over AGS, reaffirmed by the commanding win against Terrace. This week's game against Grammer is going to be an excellent display of BBC's true potential

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I Expect BBC will continue to improve and become more succinct as the weeks progress, leading up to TSS. They have suffered some minor setbacks with the loss of 3(Petit), 12(Harry MP (Moana Pasifika)) and 5(Milne). This is nowhere near as detrimental as the loss of the assumed starting ten during pre-season. David Meng is expected to return for the clash against Nudgee. He broke his hand during practice when reserve prop Angus Ward fell onto him, and a scuffle between teammates ensued. This created a divide within the team leading up to the trial game against Churchie. However it was reassured that BBC would remain the team to beat with their concise win over AGS, reaffirmed by the commanding win against Terrace. This week's game against Grammer is going to be an excellent display of BBC's true potential

I am calling Bullxxxx on this .The captain(young Gordon) was always going to be the 10.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Don’t expect much of a match but good luck BGS!!!