• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
Getting tired of reading the BBC propaganda everyday .....can we please get some commentary on other games/teams around the grounds. For example:

What's going on with BSHS? Heard that are now using this year's 1st XV as a training ground for their Under 16's in prep for next year and have now "stacked" their 2ndXV with first XV players from last year and this year who are in Grade 12. Never see their team list so it seems a covert operation.

What do IGS need to do to win more games? Huge forward pack with some very good players in the team.

GT - hot and cold. Again, some quality players but seem to be inconsistent.

TGS - have a very good 2nd XV side. Are those players getting a crack in the first XV?

Look forward to some fresh material (for a change).

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with you TER, had enough of the BBC chat.

The 16's comp is a mixed bag this year with a couple of heavy weights not firing and a bolter coming in from the west.

State High's size and aggression isn't as devastating as previous years as the other teams catch up and the smarter and more skillful teams are running them off the park. BBC are lacking attacking flair with HMP playing up in the firsts. Defensively great in the first half but they're big lads aren't fit enough to close it out. GT have 5 or 6 playing up each week and really struggle to score points against the bigger teams. All of these teams would be disappointed with their seasons so far.

IGS have been the most impressive of the group with a couple of major scalps. Last year they struggled to win a game but this year are on fire. Perhaps real contenders next year in the firsts comp.

TSS and NC are typically solid with a steady stream of each squad spending time up and Churchie have been scrapping hard for an even score card so far.

BGS are on struggle street in this age group and have no depth at all so it's hard to see them getting off the canvas anytime soon (next decade).

Early crow on the 2023 premiership - Nudgee to continue their dominance with TSS and IGS close behind. Sorry BBC and BSHS (in this group) your glory days are over ;)

Getting tired of reading the BBC propaganda everyday ...can we please get some commentary on other games/teams around the grounds. For example:

What's going on with BSHS? Heard that are now using this year's 1st XV as a training ground for their Under 16's in prep for next year and have now "stacked" their 2ndXV with first XV players from last year and this year who are in Grade 12. Never see their team list so it seems a covert operation.

What do IGS need to do to win more games? Huge forward pack with some very good players in the team.

GT - hot and cold. Again, some quality players but seem to be inconsistent.

TGS - have a very good 2nd XV side. Are those players getting a crack in the first XV?

Look forward to some fresh material (for a change).

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Agree with you TER, had enough of the BBC chat.

The 16's comp is a mixed bag this year with a couple of heavy weights not firing and a bolter coming in from the west.

State High's size and aggression isn't as devastating as previous years as the other teams catch up and the smarter and more skillful teams are running them off the park. BBC are lacking attacking flair with HMP playing up in the firsts. Defensively great in the first half but they're big lads aren't fit enough to close it out. GT have 5 or 6 playing up each week and really struggle to score points against the bigger teams. All of these teams would be disappointed with their seasons so far.

IGS have been the most impressive of the group with a couple of major scalps. Last year they struggled to win a game but this year are on fire. Perhaps real contenders next year in the firsts comp.

TSS and NC are typically solid with a steady stream of each squad spending time up and Churchie have been scrapping hard for an even score card so far.

BGS are on struggle street in this age group and have no depth at all so it's hard to see them getting off the canvas anytime soon (next decade).

Early crow on the 2023 premiership - Nudgee to continue their dominance with TSS and IGS close behind. Sorry BBC and BSHS (in this group) your glory days are over ;)

Good summary.
Speaking to BBC under 16 parents on Saturday-they have lost more games this year last 3 combined.They pumped Nudgee as 15As but have dropped way off ( and only 2 in 1st xv).

Regit Silva

Frank Row (1)
Good summary.
Speaking to BBC under 16 parents on Saturday-they have lost more games this year last 3 combined.They pumped Nudgee as 15As but have dropped way off ( and only 2 in 1st xv).

The u16 Comp has been disappointing. Much was expected from State High and IGS, with their big forwards. BBC was the other side that was going to dominate but have dropped off. However it has been Nudgee that has stolen the show this year. They remain unbeaten and look like staying that way, unless BBC give them a fight at Miskin in a fortnight. NC under 16 have 3 of their players moved up to the 1st XV, Rob Toia being one, and have had a few of their key players injured as well. NC have depth in their ranks. Their 16B and 16C remain unbeaten too. BSH, IGS and NC will be strong sides in 2022/2023. However BBC in 2020!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I want to stand up for the BBC fans. Firstly, I don't think they've been over the top at all.

2ndly, go for it. This is a wonderful team and they are favorites for the competition. After many many years of heartache, I am all for you enjoying the next few weeks of GPS rugby on here.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I want to stand up for the BBC fans. Firstly, I don't think they've been over the top at all.

2ndly, go for it. This is a wonderful team and they are favorites for the competition. After many many years of heartache, I am all for you enjoying the next few weeks of GPS rugby on here.

kiss of death.......

break a leg Nudgee

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Onya Reg - most of us are happy to humbly talk about it and we certainly won’t be doing any celebrating unless the jobs done - should have won 2/3 last years premierships and found ways to blow them so it’s one day at a time.

The big shame is there’s obviously not much else to talk about apart from Aussie Luke and we love his NC spirit otherwise we wouldn’t be dominating the forum. There’s 3games to go and each will present their own challenge.

All the best to all the players and staff in all the teams hope the boys can stay injury free - these kids have had a rough ride in year 11/12 and they deserve all the positive support we can give them.

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
Honestly don’t know what all the hate is towards BBC....? I’m only new here and only commented a few times but now reluctant to write anything in case it offends people....the purpose of a forum is to discuss....yes there has been a lot of posts about BBC but that’s not stoping others getting in there and giving their own boys a wrap!! It’s all good we are all here because we obviously have a passion for rugby at all levels.
I mean BBC haven’t won it since 1954? Why shouldn’t their supporters be happy and giving them wraps? I try and stay out of it but what’s the point if your just gonna watch from the outside and not have a voice.
Anyway that’s my 2 cents worth....it’s a forum everyone has voice so don’t start complaining BBC THIS AND BBC THAT get in the forum and voice your own opinion in a positive manner. It’s school boy rugby....jeez

C

CRUISER

I hope we get to see the end of the GPS. BBC should just play Nudgee this week for the title..with respect to other teams they are the only 2 left that can win it.

IS that statement correct? If BBC DREAMS are shattered by a NUDGEE win, assuming no other surprise upsets, would not NUDGEE have to overcome their bogey team in the last 10 years - Churchie in the last round. If they don’t it’s a fourway way tie.BBC , NUDGEE , CHURCHIE, TSS .Please correct me if I am wrong.

i would be interested in Churchie v NUDGEE results at 1st 15 level since 2005 or 2010 to now. ( including Jack Ross vs Main Oval). NUDGEE may finish ahead but it’s worth a look and a NUDGEE win over BBC , would make last round interesting.

trying to keep the season interesting.

anyone got those details 10-15 year head to heads?

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
IS that statement correct? If BBC DREAMS are shattered by a NUDGEE win, assuming no other surprise upsets, would not NUDGEE have to overcome their bogey team in the last 10 years - Churchie in the last round. If they don’t it’s a fourway way tie.BBC , NUDGEE , CHURCHIE, TSS .Please correct me if I am wrong.

i would be interested in Churchie v NUDGEE results at 1st 15 level since 2005 or 2010 to now. ( including Jack Ross vs Main Oval). NUDGEE may finish ahead but it’s worth a look and a NUDGEE win over BBC , would make last round interesting.

You are 100 percent correct. My comment was regarding COVID and if the competition was to be cut short again because of new cases in and around Brisbane that’s all. I think we all know the different scenarios that can come out of the season if we indeed get to all the matches being played. But thanks for pointing that out

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Surprise package in the 16s would be Churc
hie who have been flat out winning a chook raffle on recent years but as far as I can see are undefeated this year. The shift of many players in other schools up to firsts has undoubtedly helped but they are certainly big improvers.
Also wouldn't put the ink on the BBC premiership just yet ... Plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong. My money is on some kind of tied premiership.

C

CRUISER

2005 CHURCHIE 42 DEFEATED NUDGEE 3 (jack ross)

2006 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (main oval) no score Recorded quad, Aiden toa yr??

2007 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (Ross oval) no score

2008 NUDGEE DEFEATED CHURCHIE ( main oval)

2011 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (jack ross) no score recorded

2012 NUDGEE 26 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 10 (main oval)

2013 CHURCHIE 34 DEFEATED NUDGEE 7 ( jack ross)

2014 CHURCHIE 24 DEFEATED NUDGEE 13 ( main oval )

2015 CHURCHIE 27 DEFEATED NUDGEE 7 (jack ross)

2017 NUDGEE 47 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 14 (jack ross)

2018 NUDGEE 29 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 5 (main oval)

2019 NUDGEE 62 DEFEATED CHURCHIE NIL (jack ross)

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
2005 CHURCHIE 42 DEFEATED NUDGEE 3 (jack ross)

2006 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (main oval) no score Recorded quad, Aiden toa yr??

2007 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (Ross oval) no score

2008 NUDGEE DEFEATED CHURCHIE ( main oval)

2011 CHURCHIE DEFEATED NUDGEE (jack ross) no score recorded

2012 NUDGEE 26 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 10 (main oval)

2013 CHURCHIE 34 DEFEATED NUDGEE 7 ( jack ross)

2014 CHURCHIE 24 DEFEATED NUDGEE 13 ( main oval )

2015 CHURCHIE 27 DEFEATED NUDGEE 7 (jack ross)

2017 NUDGEE 47 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 14 (jack ross)

2018 NUDGEE 29 DEFEATED CHURCHIE 5 (main oval)

2019 NUDGEE 62 DEFEATED CHURCHIE NIL (jack ross)

In 2016, Nudgee beat Churchie 38 to 8. Pretty sure it was on Main Oval.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would be good if supporters other than BBC voiced their opinions and talked their teams up more on this forum. Some schools seem to have no input here, so would be greet for everyone to chip in and make things more interesting.

However I don’t think us BBC supporters have been over the top, and god knows none of us would be counting our chickens just yet. No other school knows how to blow a golden chance at a premiership in Rugby more than BBC! Nudgee, TGS and State High all will prove tough games as the pressure to end a 66 year drought will no doubt be building.

Good luck to all the boys in every team, 2020 is a shit year, so hopefully the boys get to enjoy the rest of the season and their year 12 as much as possible.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
IF, BBC defeat NC, it will be Undefeated Premiership . Another milestone event.

IF, BBC lose to NC, I believe Nudgee can beat Churchie and claim an Unexpected Premiership.

A four way Shared Premiership is a Fantasy. Dream on punters.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
IF, BBC defeat NC, it will be Undefeated Premiership . Another milestone event.

IF, BBC lose to NC, I believe Nudgee can beat Churchie and claim an Unexpected Premiership.

A four way Shared Premiership is a Fantasy. Dream on punters.

Yep, never mind the fact Churchie Still have to beat State High and Toowoomba - they have already lost trials to BBC, TSS and Terrace - hardly credible contenders.

A

Aussie Luke

kiss of death...

break a leg Nudgee

Just to be clear, I am a dyed in the wool Blue and White Nudgee old boy and love nothing more than a Nudgee rugby Premiership, but I like the way in which BBC are approaching this season, particularly after their narrow loss to TSS last year.

I want Nudgee to win, and I think they can, but if BBC gets up this season, I’ll actually be very objectively happy for them and for GPS rugby in general. The Nudgee Terrace rivalry hasn’t been great for many years now and it’s been largely replaced by “The Modern Rivalry” ie Nudgee and TSS but I’d love to see more rivalries emerge if BBC wins this year. From a catholic perspective, I think Grammar and Churchie had the wood slightly over BBC in the past overall in terms of the top Prodi/non-dem schools, but I think now BBC is really the one that stands out in terms of its culture and prominence.

Blue and white to win, but if not, my hat off to BBC.

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just to be clear, I am a dyed in the wool Blue and White Nudgee old boy and love nothing more than a Nudgee rugby Premiership, but I like the way in which BBC are approaching this season, particularly after their narrow loss to TSS last year.

I want Nudgee to win, and I think they can, but if BBC gets up this season, I’ll actually be very objectively happy for them and for GPS rugby in general. The Nudgee Terrace rivalry hasn’t been great for many years now and it’s been largely replaced by “The Modern Rivalry” ie Nudgee and TSS but I’d love to see more rivalries emerge if BBC wins this year. From a catholic perspective, I think Grammar and Churchie had the wood slightly over BBC in the past overall in terms of the top Prodi/non-dem schools, but I think now BBC is really the one that stands out in terms of its culture and prominence.

Blue and white to win, but if not, my hat off to BBC.

Just on the Terrace v Nudgee rivalry there, I would argue that since 2015 it has actually been returning to a decent contest. Average score separating the two schools in that time frame is just 7-8 points, including the 2018 match which was a very strong Nudgee win (49-25). Still, it has been nice to see some new rivalries pop up these past few years, particularly TSS vs Nudgee.