• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

A

Aussie Luke

Well done to BBC. What a season for them, but I think the journey also includes last season as part of the narrative and magnifies the achievement. I look forward to watching the production of the Hally Appelby Cup when it comes out. A great team, and I think most people thought they were the team to beat this year, even before the season kicked off.
BBC for 2021? Well lets first wait and appreciate the season we just had.....

Churchie did very well v Nudgee, particularly in the second half.

Go the Queensland Reds!!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Well done to BBC. What a season for them, but I think the journey also includes last season as part of the narrative and magnifies the achievement. I look forward to watching the production of the Hally Appelby Cup when it comes out. A great team, and I think most people thought they were the team to beat this year, even before the season kicked off.
BBC for 2021? Well lets first wait and appreciate the season we just had...

Churchie did very well v Nudgee, particularly in the second half.

Go the Queensland Reds!!

Love your banter Luke - all the best - BBC V BSHS replay now available
https://gps1stxvrugby.com/#match-BSHSvBBC

lindsey courtis

Stan Wickham (3)
My team of the season 2020:

1 Andrew Romano (BBC)

2 Oahu Davey - Phillips (NC)

3 Carsen Patu (TSS)

4 Michael Van Der Scyhff (TSS)

5 Oliver Harvey (NC)

6 Kyle Schramm (NC)

7 Henry Wilson (ACGS)

8 Xavier Stowers (IGS)

9 Oscar Varrichio (NC)

10 Mason Gordon (BBC)

11 Malique Douthat-Sjoberg (IGS)

12 Lastus Aukai (NC)

13 Jack Howarth (BBC)

14 Jarrod Homan (BBC)

15 David Vaihu (GT)

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)

1 Andrew Romano (BBC)

3 Carsen Patu (TSS)

5 Oliver Harvey (NC)

6 Kyle Schramm (NC)

7 Henry Wilson (ACGS)

8 Xavier Stowers (IGS)

9 Oscar Varrichio (NC)

10 Mason Gordon (BBC)

12 Lastus Aukai (NC)

13 Jack Howarth (BBC)

14 Jarrod Homan (BBC)

15 David Vaihu (GT)

Zac Hough has to make the team of the season at 7 but other than that I think you're spot on

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done to all the boys from all the schools this year. Let’s hope we can have crowds back next year, GPS rugby is really something special and I look forward to it every year!

B

bluesclues

Having watched that bshs vs bbc replay, can clearly see the intensity isn't there from bbc, compared to the games against nudgee and tss. A very professional performance to get the win. Had a similar ref to that of the TGS game who wasn't allowing much free flow rugby and giving questionable pens regularly. Also interesting to note that Harry M.P missed the game (despite being named in the starting lineup on Thursday) which resulted in a backline shuffle around and also Mason taking over the goalkicking duties. If you ask me, Harry M.P has been very underrated this season. Strong tackler, kicker and passer.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well folks, that's a wrap for 2020 tipping :)

Nice work from Taipan, MaxW, and Ewen McKenzie who all picked 4 from 4 this weekend.

Seagull, Machine, and Damos' Dislocated Shoulder all got 5 bonus points for correctly picking winning margins.

And a big congratulations to Greenhorn, the 2020 QLD GPS 1st XV Tipping Champion!

1st....Greenhorn 25 (+15 Bonus Points)
2nd....3rdXV Casual 23 (+5 Bonus Points)
3rd....Taipan 22 (+5 Bonus Points)
4th....MaxW 22
5th....KFC 21 (+10 Bonus Points)
6th....Ewen McKenzie 21 (+5 Bonus Points)
7th....EVAL1 20(+10 Bonus Points)
8th....Cruiser 20
9th....Seagull 19 (+10 Bonus Points)
10th....Hound 19 (+5 Bonus Points)

Thanks to all the tippers for participating and to Jets, for not getting mad at me when I stole the competition from him this year (sorry, I panicked when I saw nothing posted a couple of days before the 1st trial :( ).

The full ladder can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePrOgHQRxlIhPcFXcrYQqB4VK876liTfAT6c411X8NzKiyTQ/viewform

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Zac Hough has to make the team of the season at 7 but other than that I think you're spot on

Its a bit of a "what if?", but I reckon if Harvey Guest from BBC had been able to pack down at 2, he would have had a very close look at the hooker spot.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Its a bit of a "what if?", but I reckon if Harvey Guest from BBC had been able to pack down at 2, he would have had a very close look at the hooker spot.
If I were you and I thank my personal god I am not I would have Will Hay from BGS

Stick to the fundamentals FairPlay it’s how IBM was created

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If I were you and I thank my personal god I am not I would have Will Hay from BGS

Stick to the fundamentals FairPlay it’s how IBM was created

Ouch Dean! I said it was a "what if". No need to hurt my feelings and of course it is easier to look good on a winning team generally. BGS had several really good players.

However, "what ifs" aside, I would probably find room for Annan in that 15. He has another year left and was the best all-around Fullback this year.

Finally, I'm not religious but I don't always like being me either ;)

Edit: plus I live in Seattle so I gotta fly the Microsoft flag. Rules

Ken Oats

Frank Row (1)

1 Andrew Romano (BBC)

3 Carsen Patu (TSS)

5 Oliver Harvey (NC)

6 Kyle Schramm (NC)

7 Henry Wilson (ACGS)

8 Xavier Stowers (IGS)

9 Oscar Varrichio (NC)

10 Mason Gordon (BBC)

12 Lastus Aukai (NC)

13 Jack Howarth (BBC)

14 Jarrod Homan (BBC)

15 David Vaihu (GT)

Carson Patu, Will Jones both excellent players but both play at 1, they are loosehead Props not tightheads.

willysanchez25

Frank Row (1)

1 Andrew Romano (BBC)

3 Carsen Patu (TSS)

5 Oliver Harvey (NC)

6 Kyle Schramm (NC)

7 Henry Wilson (ACGS)

8 Xavier Stowers (IGS)

9 Oscar Varrichio (NC)

10 Mason Gordon (BBC)

12 Lastus Aukai (NC)

13 Jack Howarth (BBC)

14 Jarrod Homan (BBC)

15 David Vaihu (GT)

This team is almost perfect. I dont agree with what others are saying. David Vaihu is the best attacker in the comp having the most tackle busts in the season. Terrific on his feet. Henry Wilson is also a better 7 than Hough I believe. A better defender, quicker on the pill and plays with heart. Yes Hough is arguably the best ball runner in the comp as a forward, but I believe Wilson would outplay him. He himself is also quite a good ball runner. one thing I would have to critique is Patu. I would have Patu starting loosehead over Romano and at 3 I would have either Harrison Swane from nudgee or Massimo De luttis from TSS

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
So the real question is can BBC go back to back. 2,4,6,7,8,9,12,14,and 15 should all be back for a second go. Any one else have any info from boys returning next year from the different schools?I also hear that rob number 12 for nudgee will be leaving at the end of year? Any truth to that nudgee fans? What a shame I thought he was ruthless for a 16 year old.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This team is almost perfect. I dont agree with what others are saying. David Vaihu is the best attacker in the comp having the most tackle busts in the season. Terrific on his feet. Henry Wilson is also a better 7 than Hough I believe. A better defender, quicker on the pill and plays with heart. Yes Hough is arguably the best ball runner in the comp as a forward, but I believe Wilson would outplay him. He himself is also quite a good ball runner. one thing I would have to critique is Patu. I would have Patu starting loosehead over Romano and at 3 I would have either Harrison Swane from nudgee or Massimo De luttis from TSS

Yes. But can he kick like Annan. He has a get out of jail boot on him that I wish the wallabies had. Thats what I want from a fullback most of all.

sonnybinkboys99

Bob McCowan (2)

1 Andrew Romano (BBC)

2 Lachlan Bishop (GT)

3 Dante Fruen (IGS)

4 Hugo Percival (BBC)

5 Michael Van Der Scyhff (TSS)

6 Dimitrius Williams (BBC)

7 Henry Wilson (ACGS)

8 George Stoddart (ACGS)

9 Oscar Varichio (NC)

10 Mason Gordon (BBC)

11 Rob Mapa (NC)

12 Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) (BBC)

13 Jack Howarth (BBC)

14 Jarrod Homan (BBC)

15 David Vaihu (GT)

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
My team of the year

1. Romano. (BBC)

2.Davey. (NUDGEE)

3 Grandpa (NUDGEE) apologies you the young man, I don’t know his name

4. Stoddart (ACGS)

5. M.V.D.S (TSS)

6. Williams (BBC)

7. Hough. (BBC)

8. Stowers (IGS)

9. Varichio (NUDGEE)

10. Gordon ( BBC)

11. Vaihu (GT)

12. Aukai ( NUDGEE)

13. Howarth (BBC)

14. Homan (BBC)

15. Annan/king (BBC/IGS) couldn’t decide

Ear

Peter Burge (5)

Nice work from Taipan, MaxW, and Ewen McKenzie who all picked 4 from 4 this weekend.

Seagull, Machine, and Damos' Dislocated Shoulder all got 5 bonus points for correctly picking winning margins.

And a big congratulations to Greenhorn, the 2020 QLD GPS 1st XV Tipping Champion!

1st..Greenhorn 25 (+15 Bonus Points)
2nd..3rdXV Casual 23 (+5 Bonus Points)
3rd..Taipan 22 (+5 Bonus Points)
4th..MaxW 22
5th..KFC 21 (+10 Bonus Points)
6th..Ewen McKenzie 21 (+5 Bonus Points)
7th..EVAL1 20(+10 Bonus Points)
8th..Cruiser 20
9th..Seagull 19 (+10 Bonus Points)
10th..Hound 19 (+5 Bonus Points)

Thanks to all the tippers for participating and to Jets, for not getting mad at me when I stole the competition from him this year (sorry, I panicked when I saw nothing posted a couple of days before the 1st trial :( ).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePrOgHQRxlIhPcFXcrYQqB4VK876liTfAT6c411X8NzKiyTQ/viewform

Thanks for running and organising FairPlay!

Greenhorn!!

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)

1st..Greenhorn 25 (+15 Bonus Points)
2nd..3rdXV Casual 23 (+5 Bonus Points)
3rd..Taipan 22 (+5 Bonus Points)
4th..MaxW 22
5th..KFC 21 (+10 Bonus Points)
6th..Ewen McKenzie 21 (+5 Bonus Points)
7th..EVAL1 20(+10 Bonus Points)
8th..Cruiser 20
9th..Seagull 19 (+10 Bonus Points)
10th..Hound 19 (+5 Bonus Points)

Thanks for organising the competition FairPlay. Thoroughly enjoyed this years competition