• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Helix

Bob McCowan (2)
Saw delacruz play. He’s exciting. Brother to Lucas Ripley who played inside Jack Howarth.

I have heard no GPS kids made QLD 1 & 2 as most of those gps schools didn’t allow the players to trial. Any truth in that? I know of two schools that told players that wasn’t their pathway

Outofitguy

Bob McCowan (2)
Saw delacruz play. He’s exciting. Brother to Lucas Ripley who played inside Jack Howarth.

I have heard no GPS kids made QLD 1 & 2 as most of those gps schools didn’t allow the players to trial. Any truth in that? I know of two schools that told players that wasn’t their pathway

Yep that’s 100% true. This was the 1st year state high allowed their players to trial. GPS schools normally don’t allow their boys to trial for that pathway. Personally I think that’s pretty silly.

Bluebag

Banned
Yep that’s 100% true. This was the 1st year state high allowed their players to trial. GPS schools normally don’t allow their boys to trial for that pathway. Personally I think that’s pretty silly.

Not 100% true at all if State High allowed their boys to trial. Terrace did too in 2019, not sure if they did this year.

I know at least 1 BSHS boy made QLD1. and seeing as there were 10 in the Met East team that went undefeated - drawing the final with South Coast - pretty sure there were more.

Told they were merit team only as no Nationals this year. Does anyone have access to the team lists?

Outofitguy

Bob McCowan (2)
Not 100% true at all if State High allowed their boys to trial. Terrace did too in 2019, not sure if they did this year.

I know at least 1 BSHS boy made QLD1. and seeing as there were 10 in the Met East team that went undefeated - drawing the final with South Coast - pretty sure there were more.

Told they were merit team only as no Nationals this year. Does anyone have access to the team lists?

Yep that’s what i said earlier sorry. 6 state high boys named in the QLD 1 and 2 teams. I was at the tournament. I don’t have a team list but i do have a few pics of the QLD 1 and 2 teams. There were no other GPS school boys in any other teams this year. But yes I do remember GT had boys in 2019.

New rugby director at state high this year that allowed them to trial.

Here’s the QLD 1 side
F6CBEDD1-4AE8-43D5-96DE-C1435C12899C.jpeg

Helix

Bob McCowan (2)
IGS looked promising. They have their winger out too. Malique who made QLD for 16’s and jgc. Apparently the 9 for IGS was slick and coordinated the speed of the game while keeping a cool head. The 10 for IGS needs to work on his kicks and the 15 was electric. IGS always seems to start strong but then can’t keep consistency. Taj directed BBC well too so I was told. But BBC looked strong. IGS has a kid in grade 10 playing and mostly grade 11’s.

Truckie

Frank Row (1)
Very impressed with BBC this weekend against IGS, I was lucky enough to talk to both coaches from 1st & 2nds for BBC and get a run down of their squad. For a team running key players out of position or not playing due to injuries things are looking great for the squad. Definitely contenders no doubt!

A few changes for IGS could see them right, first change in my opinion is the fullback to fly half. The current fly half looks like a fish out of water.

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very impressed with BBC this weekend against IGS, I was lucky enough to talk to both coaches from 1st & 2nds for BBC and get a run down of their squad. For a team running key players out of position or not playing due to injuries things are looking great for the squad. Definitely contenders no doubt!

A few changes for IGS could see them right, first change in my opinion is the fullback to fly half. The current fly half looks like a fish out of water.
Hopefully the coaches read this and take that on board.

lindsey courtis

Stan Wickham (3)
1 Carsen patu TSS
2 Oahu Davey-Phillips NC
3 Massimo De Lutis TSS
4 danial Maiva NC
5 Tom Wheen BBC
6 Zac Hough BBC
7 Joe Liddy GT
8 Xavier Stowers igs
9 Willem Johnstone NC
10 Syris Schmidt TSS
11 Malique Douthat Sjorberg IGS
12 Campbell Watchirs BGS
13 Rob Toaia NC
14 Rob Mapa NC
15 Taj Annan BBC

Outofitguy

Bob McCowan (2)
1 Carsen patu TSS
2 Oahu Davey-Phillips NC
3 Massimo De Lutis TSS
4 danial Maiva NC
5 Tom Wheen BBC
6 Zac Hough BBC
7 Joe Liddy GT
8 Xavier Stowers igs
9 Willem Johnstone NC
10 Syris Schmidt TSS
12 Campbell Watchirs BGS
13 Rob Toaia NC
14 Rob Mapa NC
15 Taj Annan BBC

Stowers is long gone mate. He’s at Marsden playing League now..

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
1 Carsen patu TSS
2 Oahu Davey-Phillips NC
3 Massimo De Lutis TSS
4 danial Maiva NC
5 Tom Wheen BBC
6 Zac Hough BBC
7 Joe Liddy GT
8 Xavier Stowers igs
9 Willem Johnstone NC
10 Syris Schmidt TSS
12 Campbell Watchirs BGS
13 Rob Toaia NC
14 Rob Mapa NC
15 Taj Annan BBC

Huge call to leave Jarrod Homan (BBC) out of the team, hard to beat his athleticism and size. Also, considering stowers is gone i'd replace him with Lington Leli from BBC. Yet to play a first XV game due to injury but was first choice 8 for BBC last year. Easily one of the best ball running forwards in GPS, an utter nightmare for opposing teams,

Truckie

Frank Row (1)
Huge call to leave Jarrod Homan (BBC) out of the team, hard to beat his athleticism and size. Also, considering stowers is gone i'd replace him with Lington Leli from BBC. Yet to play a first XV game due to injury but was first choice 8 for BBC last year. Easily one of the best ball running forwards in GPS, an utter nightmare for opposing teams,

Lington has played as a loose head against IGS. After his solid performance we could enjoy seeing him there this season especially seeing BBC demolishing IGS scrum and effortless post contact meters from Lington.

Truckie

Frank Row (1)
My thoughts heading into this weekends round,

BSHS vs NC ( Comfortable win for NC )

GT vs ACGS ( Match of the round )

IGS vs TGS ( IGS putting a number on TGS )

BBC vs TSS ( BBC resting top players, anyone’s game )

BGS bye

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v BSHS trial game 12 June
Fulltime NC 42 d BSHS 7
Dominant forward pack.
Sleek backline.
Halftime NC 21 BSHS 0

TSS 45 d BBC 7