• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
There is something very special about Lenny. Watch him closely.

Must be something special in the Brumbies culture that is attracting all these great GPS schools players to play down there.

He was very entertaining to watch as a schoolboy - amazing step on him and great defender - he’s definitely coming of age now.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nice moment before the Brumbies match on Sat night when the 3 BBC boys( Banks/Swain/Ikatau) had a little huddle.
Clear Swain 2015 1st xv captain -still has a big influence on Lenny.
Great video Rugby Australia put out on Lenny showing plenty of highlights of his brilliant 2016 year =including winning try on bell v NC.

Yes - i have seen that video and I remember that try :( right on the bell.
Ínteresting to see how he goes against his 2016 teammates from Rebels this weekend -big Rhys VN and the 2.04 cm Trevor Hosea.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Great story about the friendships made at school and in schoolboy rugby.BBC 2015 Capt of Rugby -Darcy Swain convinces his young schoolboy mate Lenny Ikitau ( BBC 1sxt xv 2015/6)to come to ACT ( and give it a go).......and the rest is history .
LK.jpg

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Plenty of info on the Reds site re new pathways competitions this year. A new U15 comp culminating in a Qld v NSW game plus the u16 tournament looks set to be played in Qld at Nudgee. Good to see some rep opportunities coming through in rugby again

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Plenty of info on the Reds site re new pathways competitions this year. A new U15 comp culminating in a Qld v NSW game plus the u16 tournament looks set to be played in Qld at Nudgee. Good to see some rep opportunities coming through in rugby again

Do you have a link, I had a look but couldn't find it. Most likely a user error though.

EDIT: Found the link
https://reds.rugby/teams/academy

A

Aussie Luke

Nudgee is just putting on the finishing touches to their 100 million dollar project to restore their 19th century belle epoch buildings along Ross Oval, the restoration of the grandstand, the re-development of the flats and a totally revamped school including every blade of grass. It looks absolutely superb. This is the best school rugby venue on the planet.

The Ross Oval pitch is almost ready. Let's play.

Nudgee tend to win every second year on average in the modern era. If they don't win, they usually finish in the top 3.

BBC to their credit have won convincingly the last two seasons against Nudgee. Their premiership last year was outstanding. This won't happen this year. The natural order will return. This is science. This is a religion. This is rugby. This is Nudgee.

A Nudgee undefeated premiership is all that will be tolerated this year by the Nudgee rugby supporters.

I can't remember who the other schools are.

It is BBC v Nudgee in 2021.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nudgee is just putting on the finishing touches to their 100 million dollar project to restore their 19th century belle epoch buildings along Ross Oval, the restoration of the grandstand, the re-development of the flats and a totally revamped school including every blade of grass. It looks absolutely superb. This is the best school rugby venue on the planet.

The Ross Oval pitch is almost ready. Let's play.

Nudgee tend to win every second year on average in the modern era. If they don't win, they usually finish in the top 3.

BBC to their credit have won convincingly the last two seasons against Nudgee. Their premiership last year was outstanding. This won't happen this year. The natural order will return. This is science. This is a religion. This is rugby. This is Nudgee.

A Nudgee undefeated premiership is all that will be tolerated this year by the Nudgee rugby supporters.

I can't remember who the other schools are.

It is BBC v Nudgee in 2021.

Round 2 at The Ross lock it in. Both schools have 9 back from last year BUT no Howarth ( once in a decade player)and undefeated NC 16 A leads me to say NC are favourites. Back 3 for NC will be difference but loose trio ( 6,7,8)back for BBC is a worry.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Round 2 at The Ross lock it in. Both schools have 9 back from last year BUT no Howarth ( once in a decade player)and undefeated NC 16 A leads me to say NC are favourites. Back 3 for NC will be difference but loose trio ( 6,7,8)back for BBC is a worry.

I wouldn't write of ACGS just yet - they are putting together a very strong team - although a couple of the new boys (out of towners) are little hard to get a read on , this year might be one to early but I expect they will be very competitive this year.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
I wouldn't write of ACGS just yet - they are putting together a very strong team - although a couple of the new boys (out of towners) are little hard to get a read on , this year might be one to early but I expect they will be very competitive this year.
Pretty sure TSS will be strong as well. Nudgee always have great depth which is their strength no doubt. State High I believe had quite a few under 16s last year playing first xv so will be much improved this year I would think. Just hope we can have crowds again this year, cant wait.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)

Who is coaching Churchie?

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rumour has it that BGS are once again no longer allowing their games to be live streamed this season. Fingers crossed BSHS come back on board with it.

hammerstriker

Frank Row (1)
It will be very interesting to watch BBC v NC round 2

NC - announced old boys day expected 10,000 (if crowds are permitted) they have a big job to do to. No doubt Annan BBC; will take control. nonetheless will be a great match to watch

A

Aussie Luke

It will be very interesting to watch BBC v NC round 2

NC - announced old boys day expected 10,000 (if crowds are permitted) they have a big job to do to. No doubt Annan BBC; will take control. nonetheless will be a great match to watch

Did they say Old Boys' Day for NC will be the BBC match? Usually it is the Terrace home game but it would also make sense if it is BBC due to last year's result for BBC generating the interest from both schools and of course the previous year when BBC won on Ross.

The Nudgee BBC game will pull a massive crowd regardless of whether it is Old Boys' day and I wish BBC the best of luck albeit I hope Nudgee will pull out another classic last minute win.

I also heard Churchie will be very strong this year and of course TSS will be a contender.

It is great to see Qld Rugby doing so well atm with Easts, the Reds and a very strong and competitive GPS competition. Hopefully this pushes upwards towards the Wallabies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Are they worth watching?

They're part of the GPS system and have a proud history of participation, performance and development of players who have gone on to higher honours. Their leadership have realised that the huge focus on rugby by many, including all of us, can have a detrimental impact on some of their students.
They're worth watching and you can do it if you drive out to where they're playing.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
B&G and others talking up ACGS -but their 16 As were average and they only have 5 or so back,'who are these new boys from NZ?
How many ?
what positions?.
If you go by numbers in the Qld under 18 squad the top 3 are :
BBC 7
NC 6
TSS. 5
TSS boys tell me one of BBC boys moved up to senior squad ?? anyone know ?
My Early predictions for stars of comp are BBC 15 Taj/ NC 13 Rob T and TSS 15 (signed by Titans).

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
They're part of the GPS system and have a proud history of participation, performance and development of players who have gone on to higher honours. Their leadership have realised that the huge focus on rugby by many, including all of us, can have a detrimental impact on some of their students.
They're worth watching and you can do it if you drive out to where they're playing.

well said -before injuries they were bloody tough in 1st 3 rounds.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm going the early call for the season purely based on returning players and 16A form from last year

1. NC 8-0 (win-loss)
  2. BBC 7-1
  3. BSHS 6-2
  4. TSS 5-3
  5. ACGS 4-4
  6. TGS 3-5
  7. IGS 2-6
  8. GT 1-7
  9. BGS 0-8
RT to be the difference between the top two teams and BSHS to surprise many with their aggression. Like super rugby there's a big difference between the top half of the ladder to the bottom with some massive blowouts expected.

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
B&G and others talking up ACGS -but their 16 As were average and they only have 5 or so back,'who are these new boys from NZ?
How many ?
what positions?.
If you go by numbers in the Qld under 18 squad the top 3 are :
BBC 7
NC 6
TSS. 5
TSS boys tell me one of BBC boys moved up to senior squad ?? anyone know ?
My Early predictions for stars of comp are BBC 15 Taj/ NC 13 Rob T and TSS 15 (signed by Titans).

Hi Countryjack

Do you have the list for the Reds U18 squad. I cannot find it on the website.

Thanks