• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
You do know that you need good forwards to win games? Who have you got from last year worth mentioning?
Nudgee, TSS and Churchie have it all over BBC this year. Remember you don’t have Romano, Gordon and Howarth.

Mate lets not kid ourselves. With the Kefus coaching the BBC forward pack they will be elite. They also have six returning forwards who at some stage played first XV in 2020 (and one case 2019 aswell). Not to mention Lington Leli (first choice BBC 8 last year) back from injury. Hough will be by far the best forward in the GPS. Lets not kid around and act like this year isn't a 2 horse race between Nudgee and BBC. Who on earth could you tip outside of Nudgee to top BBC?

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
You do know that you need good forwards to win games? Who have you got from last year worth mentioning?
Nudgee, TSS and Churchie have it all over BBC this year. Remember you don’t have Romano, Gordon and Howarth.

Hmmm let me think who is worth mentioning.

1. This spot is still up for grabs, alot of people (such as a weightlifter who hold 3x National records) battling for it
2. Uhila Senituli (Backup from last year)
3. Lington Leli (First choice 8 last year before injury)
4. Ollie Milne (2020 First XV, has played for brisbane city)
5. Like 1, still up for grabs. Lots of competition
6. Tom Wheen (2019 First XV, has played representatively for NSW)
7. Zac Hough (2019 & 2020 First XV)
8. Dimitrius Williams (2020 First XV, has played representatively for QLD)

Gents, lets stop acting like this wont be a top 2 forward pack in the GPS. The loss of 1 key prop wont cripple the unit (rugby is a team game, unless your name is Jack Howarth)

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hmmm let me think who is worth mentioning.

1. This spot is still up for grabs, alot of people (such as a weightlifter who hold 3x National records) battling for it
2. Uhila Senituli (Backup from last year)
3. Lington Leli (First choice 8 last year before injury)
4. Ollie Milne (2020 First XV, has played for brisbane city)
5. Like 1, still up for grabs. Lots of competition
6. Tom Wheen (2019 First XV, has played representatively for NSW)
7. Zac Hough (2019 & 2020 First XV)
8. Dimitrius Williams (2020 First XV, has played representatively for QLD)

Gents, lets stop acting like this wont be a top 2 forward pack in the GPS. The loss of 1 key prop wont cripple the unit (rugby is a team game, unless your name is Jack Howarth)

Good old BBC -always more talk than action.Keep talking yourself up.See you round 2. But as I said months ago -with 6,7and 8 back for BBC -that is a concern for all other teams-including NC. I do agree your 7 may be up there with Robert T as best player in comp.

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
Good old BBC -always more talk than action.Keep talking yourself up.See you round 2. But as I said months ago -with 6,7and 8 back for BBC -that is a concern for all other teams-including NC. I do agree your 7 may be up there with Robert T as best player in comp.

Don’t think he was talking them up at all, just answering a question that was asked about the BBC forwards. I agree with you in that the back row will be dangerous and believe all 3 of the lads are junior reds academy players.
Just out of interest how are the forwards looking for nudgee this year?
Certainly wouldn’t rule out TSS as well. Should be a cracker round 2 and wish both teams the best of luck

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
BREAKING NEWS: BBC and Churchie rivalry has now become an utter hatred. Cross country was not pretty. Will be an incredible display of passion come term 3.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC are doing uncontested scrums in tomorrows trial games to many injuries in the front row,
No doubt Robert T is a good player,but he did nothing to worry anyone in the comp last year?

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC are doing uncontested scrums for tomorrows trials,to many injuries in the front row,not a good sign for this time of year...

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I'd suggest everyone picks up a copy of the Courier Mail today.
Thought the article would kick off a discussion.

The author obviously has BBC and the overseeing board in her crosshairs, but if the numbers being thrown around are correct , then WOW.....

More than half the year 12 cohort being on sporting scholarships places a fair strain on the remaining students to get the academic bit right , which some would argue is the core business of these schools.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)

The author obviously has BBC and the overseeing board in her crosshairs, but if the numbers being thrown around are correct , then WOW...

More than half the year 12 cohort being on sporting scholarships places a fair strain on the remaining students to get the academic bit right , which some would argue is the core business of these schools.
Definitely has it in for BBC (though last year or two it was Churchie in the cross hairs) I thought for a while there BBC had pulled back on the scholarships... Which is why their younger years were so woeful and wanting to play Bs and not As.. I think a look at IGS would be even more interesting

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)

The author obviously has BBC and the overseeing board in her crosshairs, but if the numbers being thrown around are correct , then WOW...

These numbers aren't correct. Whilst BBC offers alot of scholarships over half of the senior cohorts is a far stretch of the imagination. Only about 30 kids are on scholarships out of a 210 cohort. Very few scholarships in grades below 10 (hence why they are so woeful at every sport). However, with Headmaster Brown gone i'd expect these numbers to climb back to the levels they once were. However, there is no way it would ever get to HALF THE GRADE. Thats over 100 kids on sporting scholarships in one year.

Not to stereotype or anything but it would be very difficult for BBC to continually perform in the top 10 in QLD academically every year if these accusations were true. On a side note, BBC First XV beat NC 1st XV 10-0 and TGS First XV 15-0 in trial games.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Results from the trials down at TSS today. For some reason IGS vs BGS score hasn't been uploaded. These are pre-season games so take scores with a grain of salt. BBC vs NC 10-10 draw is very interesting

IGS (1W, 0L)
Win vs BSHS (5-0)

BGS (0W, 1L)
Loss vs BSHS (7-14)

Terrace (0W, 2L)
Loss vs ACGS (5-26)
Loss vs TSS (5-15)

TGS (0W, 2L)
Loss vs NC (0-15)
Loss vs BBC (0-15)

Nudgee (1W, 1D, 0L)
Draw vs BBC (10-10)
Win vs TGS (15-0)

TSS (2W, 0L)
Win vs ACGS (10-5)
Win vs Terrace (15-5)

BBC (1W, 1D, 0L)
Draw vs NC (10-10)
Win vs TGS (15-0)

ACGS (1W, 1L)
Loss vs TSS (10-5)
Win vs Terrace (26-5)

BSHS (1W, 1L)
Loss vs IGS (0-5)
Win vs BGS (14-7)

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC academic results have been incredibly strong in recent years. There is no way you could have half the senior year on scholarship for sport and still achieve those results.

Jilted ex employees feeding half truths to the Bronco newsletter.

The courier mail and their terrace mother journalist may come under some legal fire from the school for such a defamatory article!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
BBC academic results have been incredibly strong in recent years. There is no way you could have half the senior year on scholarship for sport and still achieve those results.

Jilted ex employees feeding half truths to the Bronco newsletter.

The courier mail and their terrace mother journalist may come under some legal fire from the school for such a defamatory article!
Would imagine the CM would know that they might get some heat over the article and yet it was still published. It’s only an issue for them legally if what they have reported is incorrect. Will be interesting to see if BBC are prepared to open the books to prove otherwise. Just saying......

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would imagine the CM would know that they might get some heat over the article and yet it was still published. It’s only an issue for them legally if what they have reported is incorrect. Will be interesting to see if BBC are prepared to open the books to prove otherwise. Just saying..

Acting headmaster has said they are looking into it. Hopefully it shuts Kylie Liang up permanently