• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
No surprises at TSS on Saturday.NC & BBC 3 tries all. BBC scored 1st 2 tries -and then bad injuries to 10 & 13 caused them to lose shape and Robert T took over.
BBC 7 was MOM by a mile.What a player.
TGS lost both games and need to get fitter.
The talk of the day was the size and speed of he new giant ACGS winger. Surely the biggest guy at the carnival -he terrorized poor old hapless GT. Must be one of the new NZ boys ?

spud

Peter Burge (5)
Any news on the u18 academy teams for this year? Majority of boys coming from the GPS comp or will we see a few from AIC and clubland?

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jarrod Homan from BBC (outside center) out for 6 weeks with dislocated shoulder.
Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) from BBC (10) out for 6-8 weeks (potentially longer) with ankle injury.

Both huge losses - I don't think BBC have what it takes to top Nudgee with HMP gone, no great 10 aside from Harry at BBC.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Jarrod Homan from BBC (outside center) out for 6 weeks with dislocated shoulder.
Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) from BBC (10) out for 6-8 weeks (potentially longer) with ankle injury.

Both huge losses - I don't think BBC have what it takes to top Nudgee with HMP gone, no great 10 aside from Harry at BBC.
Hope the lads recover quickly, with 8 weeks to season proper starting they are a chance to still have impact in season. Tough to miss out on playing for any young lad injured.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
TGS v GT this weekend. Both teams had two losses at TSS. Should be a close game.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Is it just me -or are you seeing a lot of early season injuries already? I read that BBC had injuries.TSS have a few RL boys getting injured in RL matches on Sundays .

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

Bye bye Season ?

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hope the lads recover quickly, with 8 weeks to season proper starting they are a chance to still have impact in season. Tough to miss out on playing for any young lad injured.

9 weeks until the BBC v Nudgee Game - slight chance to make it back. Big losses if not.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bye bye Season ?

I wouldn't say that just yet. Jarrod Homan will 100% be back before Nudgee round, HMP is still questionable. Taj Annan will likely move to 10 if HMP doesn't return (I believe Taj plays 10 for reds academy). BBC will still have a very solid backline regardless if HMP returns. Homan vs Toia at outside centre will be a spectacle. Heaps of lads injured at BBC. Begs to ask the question if maybe coaches took it 0 to 100 to quick?

EDIT: In my previous post I was unaware that Taj played 10 aswell.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
No surprises at TSS on Saturday.NC & BBC 3 tries all. BBC scored 1st 2 tries -and then bad injuries to 10 & 13 caused them to lose shape and Robert T took over.
BBC 7 was MOM by a mile.What a player.
TGS lost both games and need to get fitter.
The talk of the day was the size and speed of he new giant ACGS winger. Surely the biggest guy at the carnival -he terrorized poor old hapless GT. Must be one of the new NZ boys ?
Don't think any of the ACGS new boys are wingers...10 and 13 maybe

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
Bye bye Season ?

I wouldn’t say that just yet CJ. But it seems like injuries across the board. Which TSS boys got injuries over the weekend? It’s a worrying stat tho across all teams and I don’t get why so many trial games are played before the season. I get 1 or 2 trial games to fine tune a team but 5 or 6? I’m surprised the coaches agree to it.
Both Harry and Jarrod will be big losses if they not ready by season kick off, as we all know every game is final one slip up and trophy is that much harder to get.

Scout

Peter Burge (5)
Jye Grey extremely impressive performance for South Coast at the U16-18 State Rugby League carnival playing at five-eith and fullback. He was named at #18 for the Queensland Merit Team, His speed around the ruck was electric and I predict a big season from him for TSS,
Kaleb Ngamanu also in that South Coast side playing some good footy, They will be having it tough without the power and dominance of Jo Jo Fifita this year.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jye Grey extremely impressive performance for South Coast at the U16-18 State Rugby League carnival playing at five-eith and fullback. He was named at #18 for the Queensland Merit Team, His speed around the ruck was electric and I predict a big season from him for TSS,
Kaleb Ngamanu also in that South Coast side playing some good footy, They will be having it tough without the power and dominance of Jo Jo Fifita this year.

What's your take on the TSS front row. I've heard both props are absolutely huge, but im not sure how skilled they are. Massimo De Lutiss (3) has a 260kg deadlift, has to be the strongest player in the GPS comp! Carsen Patu (1) is also huge. Cannot believe the size of these men!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
What's your take on the TSS front row. I've heard both props are absolutely huge, but im not sure how skilled they are. Massimo De Lutiss (3) has a 260kg deadlift, has to be the strongest player in the GPS comp! Carsen Patu (1) is also huge. Cannot believe the size of these men!

The two props were in 2020 Firsts team. Also returning are #4 Isaiah Tolotu, #5 Hunter Dalzell, #10 Syris Schmidt, #12 Kaleb Ngamanu. New Rugby league fullback Jye Gray

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
The two props were in 2020 Firsts team. Also returning are #4 Isaiah Tolotu, #5 Hunter Dalzell, #10 Syris Schmidt, #12 Kaleb Ngamanu. New Rugby league fullback Jye Gray

Nick Hilton (6) , Jye Gray (15), Jack Denson (11), Rabura Rabura (14), are all returning having suffered season ending injuries ( not to mention jo jo Fifita). TSS did remarkably well to finish clear second last year given their injury toll.

Only two of the current 15 are new to the firsts; 13 is Blake Ruaporo from Coombabah SHS (played under 16A last year and one to watch and Xavier Smith Power a handy 6 from16A .

Actually Nick Hilton played the full season he’s from RL and looks a strong man.

I wouldn’t underestimate TSS this year.

Truckie

Frank Row (1)
I was out in Ipswich and watched the first trials between IGS , BGS and TSS. I wasn’t expecting IGS to come out as strong as they did, they looked good against both schools and actually put a number on TSS. I know it’s trials but I did expect to see BGS and especially TSS to look a lot better than they did.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
NC def Churchie 26-0
BBC def State High 33-0
TSS def BGS 29-12
TGS def Terrace 36-29
IGS def BGS 7-0
IGS def TSS 19-7

I think its pretty clear this year is a 2 horse race. NC and BBC only ones with a shot to take it out. I wasn't there to watch the games but score line suggests Annan did well at 10 for BBC.

NC 26-0 over ACGS says they are not here for fun and games, definitely playing with a chip on their shoulder after losses to BBC in 2020 and 2019.

Will be a spectacle in round 2. Draw between NC and BBC last week makes it all the better!