• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are you searching for - I can't find them - pretty sure it said they would be removed after 48 hrs on the live stream

Casting is horrible and streaming average IMO.

If you have started to watch a game then it will be in your "watch history". Tip for this week's games would be to start each one and like them so that you have access later in the week.

Outofitguy

Bob McCowan (2)
What a round this will be!
Here are my predictions:

GT vs BSHS - (BSHS by 7+) GT expected to be strong, being first home game of the season and with a valiant forward pack with the likes of Liddy and Sua. However, I expect BSHS to be strong with their quick outside backs and stronger forward pack.

BGS vs IGS - (IGS by 15+) IGS expected to be to dominant in all aspects of the game with yet another struggling BGS team this year.

ACGS vs TSS (ACGS by 3+) I think it can be done. Whilst TSS showed great footy last week versing an ever struggling BGS team and coming away with a strong win, it is inevitable that they will be full of confidence coming down the M1. However, Churchie proved that they have a strong team this year beating BBC in a trial (I know BBC had a lot of players out). Churchie not playing in RD 1 means they will be full or energy and ready to dominate. Churchie expected to bring a large crowd for the first home game of the season and have a lot to prove. I could see them upsetting the boys from Southport. But only just!

NC vs BBC (NC by 6+) What a spectacle this will be. No Covid restrictions and sunny skies expected, this will be the game of the round. Hearing there will be over 10k NC supporters?? Expecting the grandstand to be flooded with the blue and white. Whilst BBC showed good glimpses in last weeks game, they were very shaky. And only being a week in between games I'm sure they will tighten this up with the strong coaching staff they have on offer, but don't see them being good enough for the strong Nudgee Team who looked well drilled and have one of the stronger backlines in the comp.

How is SU’A only 15 years old?? And at Year 10 making the GPS team of the week on his GPS debut.. as a NO.8!!?? We are witnessing something very special here. Looking forward to his battle this week against the state high loosie trio…

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
Ive heard the GT front row Jovid Aveau has bad shoulders and has to have surgery. He is out for this week. I believe his spot will be taken by Drae Leofa, the youngest and best of a great rugby family.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not being able to watch a replay of the games is a big step backwards. A couple of years ago the social media hype and marketing from double take was awesome. Weekly video highlights, history lessons before upcoming games was always great. Seems a big step back this year with what Cluch are doing.

Disappointing as it was really adding to the competition and building interest each year.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If you have started to watch a game then it will be in your "watch history". Tip for this week's games would be to start each one and like them so that you have access later in the week.

I think even that may be gone now :(

That was working for me up until yesterday but not today.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
NC v BBC

Injuries in both camps.
Danial Maieva out for Nudgee
J Homan not back for BBC
Advantage Toia and Nudgee.

If the mails reliable that’s a big hit - I’d be putting Hough at out centre the rest of the back row is strong enough to hold their own.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If the mails reliable that’s a big hit - I’d be putting Hough at out centre the rest of the back row is strong enough to hold their own.

tenor.gif

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Homan not playing, Hough staying at 7. Outside centre for BBC last week is staying at 13. Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) matching against Toia on defense whilst Xavier Ruebens (13) defends a much weaker Tony Fuimaono

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Homan not playing, Hough staying at 7. Outside centre for BBC last week is staying at 13. Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) matching against Toia on defense whilst Xavier Ruebens (13) defends a much weaker Tony Fuimaono

Looks good, I am excited to see the game. Nudgee are eternally favorites at home.

However, it is game 2, and I reckon that every team is going to take at least one L this season.

It looks tight :)

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks good, I am excited to see the game. Nudgee are eternally favorites at home.

However, it is game 2, and I reckon that every team is going to take at least one L this season.

It looks tight :)

Agreed, if either team takes a loss her teams like TSS, CHurchie, TGS all have the potential to beat the winner. Most competitive GPS season we've seen in a while