• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter 502 Jul. 23.jpg

C

CRUISER

NUDGEE 16 a last year who I THINK PLAYED BBC 16A team
1.Luke O’Sullivan
2.Will Rogers
3Atticus Johnson
4.Rory BEECH
5. Charles Stack
6. Rory ARDELL
7.Griffin Schostakowski
8.COOPER Cameron
9.indigo Lawrence
10.Jake House
11.Kai Combargo
12 Lewis de villiers
13 D’ARCY turner
14 Matthew Shiefield
15. Tory bath

My question is this. Given this was ( as I Understood it) the premiership team last year, looking at the named 1st team above, many of these boys must consider themselves unlucky not to have held the 16A positions through to the FIRST XV. There maybe some returning 1st players that have held the 16A PLAYER out, but this team does not resemble the 1st XV 2021. Where have they gone- do they make up the 2nds now? Are there new players to the school and where did they come from? How many 2nd year first 15 members are there and who are they?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
1.Luke O’Sullivan
2.Will Rogers
3Atticus Johnson
4.Rory BEECH
5. Charles Stack
6. Rory ARDELL
7.Griffin Schostakowski
8.COOPER Cameron
9.indigo Lawrence
10.Jake House
11.Kai Combargo
12 Lewis de villiers
13 D’ARCY turner
14 Matthew Shiefield
15. Tory bath

My question is this. Given this was ( as I Understood it) the premiership team last year, looking at the named 1st team above, many of these boys must consider themselves unlucky not to have held the 16A positions through to the FIRST XV. There maybe some returning 1st players that have held the 16A PLAYER out, but this team does not resemble the 1st XV 2021. Where have they gone- do they make up the 2nds now? Are there new players to the school and where did they come from? How many 2nd year first 15 members are there and who are they?

From memory there is 4 from lasts years seconds, 5 from the first 1 from 15as and the rest16a, I expect there are a few 16as in this years seconds and in Yr 11 who will play next and so it will be in 2022

intheknow2012

Bob McCowan (2)
It’s an U18 comp - most schools have over half their team as 18year olds in the 1sts now. Therefore, it won’t be uncommon to go from the 16As to the 2nds or even 3rds the following year. There’s no new boys to the school, they either played 1sts last year (6), 2nds (3), 16A (3), 15A (1) or were injured (2).

C

CRUISER

From memory there is 4 from lasts years seconds, 5 from the first 1 from 15as and the rest16a, I expect there are a few 16as in this years seconds and in Yr 11 who will play next and so it will be in 2022

Thanks Bag for the assistance.

If 4 were from last years 2nds, my understanding is they have to be year 12/ open boys last year say repeating/ or the 2 year grade 12 system. If 16a etc get put up they can only play in the 1st otherwise they must return to their own age group.Am I wrong? I thought that a Gps rule. So Nudgee have 5 returning 1st players, ( so like 18y/o this year) plus 4 from seconds last year( also likely to be 18 y/o). 1x 15a and looks like 3 x 16a. I am still struggling to get 15 and to my mind they cant run 16s in the 2nds. Any new player needs to have been at the school 2 years before being entitled to play firsts.

Can perhaps a Nudgee supporter take me through the team and show me where they played last year. Devillies,Cameron and Stack look to have come from 16a. If they have 9 x 18 y/o history shows that team cant be beaten unless another team has 9 or more.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks Bag for the assistance.

If 4 were from last years 2nds, my understanding is they have to be year 12/ open boys last year say repeating/ or the 2 year grade 12 system. If 16a etc get put up they can only play in the 1st otherwise they must return to their own age group.Am I wrong? I thought that a Gps rule. So Nudgee have 5 returning 1st players, ( so like 18y/o this year) plus 4 from seconds last year( also likely to be 18 y/o). 1x 15a and looks like 3 x 16a. I am still struggling to get 15 and to my mind they cant run 16s in the 2nds. Any new player needs to have been at the school 2 years before being entitled to play firsts.

Can perhaps a Nudgee supporter take me through the team and show me where they played last year. Devillies,Cameron and Stack look to have come from 16a. If they have 9 x 18 y/o history shows that team cant be beaten unless another team has 9 or more.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure you can play 2nds in year 11 if you are the older half of the cohort. So for example you could be in the 2nds in year 11 and then 1sts in year 12. If you are in the 16s you can only play up in the 1sts not in the seconds.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Taj Annan out is a huge loss . Already in Reds squad - dominated the trial between these 2 teams and now sees a complete reshuffle of the backline . I would have put Zac Hough at 12 to mark TOia .Cant see BBC winning with that backline

C

CRUISER

1sts last year (6), 2nds (3), 16A (3), 15A (1) or were injured (2).
That’s 15…
Which 6 from last year. Here is the team list vs BBC 2020

1. Will Jones

2. Oahu Davey-Phillips

3. Harrison Swane

4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa

5. Oliver Harvey

6. Maea Mitchell

7. Noah Brogden

8. Liam Le Blanc

9. Oscar Varricchio

10. Benn Dalle Cort

11. Sione Tapuosi

12. Lastus Auakai

13. Robert Toia

14. Robert Mapa

15. Hunter O’Sullivan

At a quick glance 2,4,13 look to be back

So I have found 3 from last yrs firsts, 3 from last years under 16a, where did other 9 come from?

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Taj Annan out is a huge loss . Already in Reds squad - dominated the trial between these 2 teams and now sees a complete reshuffle of the backline . I would have put Zac Hough at 12 to mark TOia .Cant see BBC winning with that backline

Have to agree BBC have their backs against the wall but they have a huge desire for a 3peat against the school with the greatest GPS history by a country mile. I’m still going with my heart knowing how much this means to them but NC are firm favourites- I can only hope for a repeat effort akin to that of BGS in 2012 at the same ground. Does anyone else remember the runaway calf at half time Agri display? A repeat of that if it maimed the NC outside backs is the best we could wish for.

C

CRUISER

Have to agree BBC have their backs against the wall but they have a huge desire for a 3peat against the school with the greatest GPS history by a country mile. I’m still going with my heart knowing how much this means to them but NC are firm favourites- I can only hope for a repeat effort akin to that of BGS in 2012 at the same ground. Does anyone else remember the runaway calf at half time Agri display? A repeat of that if it maimed the NC outside backs is the best we could wish for.

Track heavy. I am beginning to wonder if yesterday/ last nights heavy rain is not going to see, the backs nullified for today’s round. Maybe a day for the “ little piggies “ up front to bring home the bacon..... and yes, the runaway steer could have butchered it,for future AG YOUTH DISPLAYS as we continue the animal farm analogy . Stick to drum lines kids.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
It would be great if those in the know, could publish the first XV teams for this week, what grade they’re in and what team they played in last year(2nds, 16A) or whether they’re new to the school. Anyone up to the challenge?

Which 6 from last year. Here is the team list vs BBC 2020

1. Will Jones

2. Oahu Davey-Phillips

3. Harrison Swane

4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa

5. Oliver Harvey

6. Maea Mitchell

7. Noah Brogden

8. Liam Le Blanc

9. Oscar Varricchio

10. Benn Dalle Cort

11. Sione Tapuosi

12. Lastus Auakai

13. Robert Toia

14. Robert Mapa

15. Hunter O’Sullivan

At a quick glance 2,4,13 look to be back

So I have found 3 from last yrs firsts, 3 from last years under 16a, where did other 9 come from?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC Firsts 2021

(from 2020 team list)
M. Pereira 15A
B. Smith Seconds
C. Cameron Seconds
O. Davey Phillips Firsts
R. Mapa Seconds
T. Fuimano Seconds
W. Johnstone 16A
C. Stack 16A
L. De Villiers 16A
N. Winikerei 16B
R. Toia Firsts
P. Dallimore Seconds
L. Le Blanc Seconds
O. Boyd 15A

lindsey courtis

Stan Wickham (3)
1.Luke O’Sullivan
2.Will Rogers
3Atticus Johnson
4.Rory BEECH
5. Charles Stack
6. Rory ARDELL
7.Griffin Schostakowski
8.COOPER Cameron
9.indigo Lawrence
10.Jake House
11.Kai Combargo
12 Lewis de villiers
13 D’ARCY turner
14 Matthew Shiefield
15. Tory bath

The 16a's nudgee halfback last year indigo lawrence was brilliant. He'll be benching due to stiff competition. Nudgee always seems to produce tremendous halfbacks

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
NC Firsts 2021

(from 2020 team list)
M. Pereira 15A
B. Smith Seconds
C. Cameron Seconds
O. Davey Phillips Firsts
R. Mapa Seconds
T. Fuimano Seconds
W. Johnstone 16A
C. Stack 16A
L. De Villiers 16A
N. Winikerei 16B
R. Toia Firsts
P. Dallimore Seconds
L. Le Blanc Seconds
O. Boyd 15A

Wow, that’s some serious depth there. How about any other schools? I hear GT have a few grade 10’s as well. Anyone from Churchiest out there want to comment?

C

CRUISER

Boom! The first big upset of the season

Churchie 34 defeats tss 29

We have a new contender for the premiership!