• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

B

bluesclues

Slow BBC start giving up 15 points early cost them the game. Nudgee defence was heroic in the 2nd half defending wave after wave. Difference between the sides was the Nudgee backline in the first half and some dodgy bbc kicking.

BBC also with a bunch of injuries meant lots of reshuffling. Will either be a Nudgee outright or a shared premiership this year if either Churchie or TSS can sneak the win.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Churchie win also came off a strong performance across the grounds. I think every A team got up and there was hardly a loss in the other teams with the exception of the 2nds and the 14Cs

C

CRUISER

BBC also with a bunch of injuries meant lots of reshuffling. Will either be a Nudgee outright or a shared premiership this year if either Churchie or TSS can sneak the win.[/quote]

Hmmmm.... are you sure. Churchie last week did BBC admittedly in the trial and TSS this week. Maybe you are right and NUDGEE can tick Churchie off as a win on Jack LOSS oval and move on. Although NUDGEE have an outstanding centre in their number 13, with a big bulking frame, perhaps look at Churchie’s 13- easily a physical match.

Churchie weakness at the moment is the scrum but it will develop. TSS demolished the Churchie scrum but that was the only area they dominated and mark down Lewis Mene as the outstanding number 11. What a game!

Congratulations NUDGEE, looks like another premiership coming home hey ( in the bag) ? Hard luck BBC but great comeback.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
That is the most complete performance by a TSS that I have seen at the Shark Tank in a long time. Lets not forget BGS had 8,12 and 13 in Reds academy.
ACGS at Churchie will show us where we are at.

watched the tape of the BBC match-wow that 7 is a one man team .

I think TSS did worse than you thought and Churchie better.

BBC did better than I thought and congratulations Nudgee - season still open for those four sides and TGS - and wel done Terrace be gauge them against a quality opposition.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ref in BBC vs Nudgee game an absolute joke. How in the living hell does NC not get a card in those last minutes. Would have loved to seen it end in a draw. Zac Hough with potential season ending injury will really hurt BBC in the coming matches. I'm calling it now, Churchie undefeated prems 2021. Watched their game, quality team.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
How good is Robert Toia?

Nudgee don’t win without him today . He is the one guy closer / game winner same as what BBC had with Howarth.

He’s legit.

I agree, will be looking forward to seeing him in the NRL next year!

Whilst Nudgee were the better team today, credit has to be given to the boys from BBC who pushed them in the second half. Playing out of position, at Ross, 15 points down at one stage. They fought to the very end, and should each hold their heads high. BBC really missed Annan, or any hard running back at that point.

Was really just unfortunate how the game finished, an error from BBC's scrumhalf left a prop isolated, and a clinical Nudgee defense capitalised.

Best on ground would have to be Robert Toia, followed by Nudgee's 10, who played a terrific game. Lington Leli from BBC really stood out for me today aswell.

Zac Hough injury will spell trouble for BBC as they are yet to play Churchie and TSS.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
One more thing, do you think the fact that NC won every rugby game today highlights how good their program is, or how poor BBC's one is?
Both. BBC has not put enough work and time into their younger years whilst throwing everything at the top end. Their current 15As played most other schools Bs for a couple of years after having cricket scores put on them. For a school their size they should also have more depth of teams. Some age groups tap out at Cs. On the other hand Nudgee teams are all incredibly well drilled and trained. They take some good kids and make them great. (Plus add in some stars).There is strong competition for spots across all grades which drives boys to be better. The reason the are so good at winning is because if their culture of belief and a focus that goes all the way down... Not just at the top. Great teams are built back in the 14s not created at the end.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Both. BBC has not put enough work and time into their younger years whilst throwing everything at the top end. Their current 15As played most other schools Bs for a couple of years after having cricket scores put on them. For a school their size they should also have more depth of teams. Some age groups tap out at Cs. On the other hand Nudgee teams are all incredibly well drilled and trained. They take some good kids and make them great. (Plus add in some stars).There is strong competition for spots across all grades which drives boys to be better. The reason the are so good at winning is because if their culture of belief and a focus that goes all the way down. Not just at the top. Great teams are built back in the 14s not created at the end.

Agree with what you say but.

BBC had 6 open teams today , scores were generally close - definitely closer than what history states.

If we see a better quality game all season than what we saw today in 1st XV today at Jack Ross I’ll be delighted .

If Jack Ross has ever seen a better opposition schoolboy crowd presence than BBC displayed today I would be surprised - they were outstanding in numbers and vocal presence and matched it with the iconic NC stadium very well - congratulations.

All of the above are great signs of a successful programme that’s still being refined but most of all given our background of less success we displayed outstanding appreciation of quality football today regardless of who made the play - something Nudgee could learn a lesson in.

I left there today proud in every way I’m BBC, because I don’t just judge success by the number of wins but the way you play and handle not winning.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with what you say but.

BBC had 6 open teams today , scores were generally close - definitely closer than what history states.

If we see a better quality game all season than what we saw today in 1st XV today at Jack Ross I’ll be delighted .

If Jack Ross has ever seen a better opposition schoolboy crowd presence than BBC displayed today I would be surprised - they were outstanding in numbers and vocal presence and matched it with the iconic NC stadium very well - congratulations.

All of the above are great signs of a successful programme that’s still being refined but most of all given our background of less success we displayed outstanding appreciation of quality football today regardless of who made the play - something Nudgee could learn a lesson in.

I left there today proud in every way I’m BBC, because I don’t just judge success by the number of wins but the way you play and handle not winning.

Whilst Nudgee has never been known for producing well mannered gentleman I think today was a disgraceful display of sportsmanship on their part. BBC whilst passionate respected their opposition, never made noise when NC kicked, and overall focused on supporting their team, rather than tearing down the other. They even gave them 3 cheers at the end.

Nudgee on the other hand were quick to make noise whenever Blake Davis went to kick from the tee, and seemed to have a fascination with being purely disrespectful. As Winston Churchill once said, "Soccer is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligans' game played by gentlemen"

At the risk of sounding like a whining mother, I think that the way boys carry themselves is a result of the influences they've received. Makes you wonder, if you take rugby away what really are Nudgee as a school?

C

CRUISER

Churchie had a strong day, with wins in all games from u13 to opens except 14c, 4th and 2nds. They had a clean sweep against all A teams. With TSS known for such a strong program , perhaps an equal with NUDGEEs, the Churchie administration must be feeling pretty pleased tonight. They look to be building something special.

As I mentioned early, the BBC firsts had a huge weight on the shoulders today, with the expectation of back to back premiers. As a result they looked to be trying so hard they rushed things. They panicked when they got behind on the score board and panicked when they lost there inspirational leader, and with Annan out- the pressure just got to much. BBC did very well under the circumstances and still have a chance.

Robert TOIA is a talent and showed it today. I can’t wait for him to match up against the young Sword boy ( Jadyn Sua No2)playing 13 for ACGS. I wonder if TOIA will perform after some bone rattlers that Sword and his henchmen in the backs are / were dishing out today- outstanding rush defence today. Toia certainly looks like the real deal. What happens when the irresistible force, meets the immovable object.?

By the way Tss have some outstanding talent, and on many occasions their backs were running wild, before being contained. They will not be easy for anyone.

Today was a display of great GPS rugby across the board of all schools.

Real winners. NUDGEE, CHURCHIE, BGS, GT
Real losers. BBC, TSS, IGS, BSHS

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Any ACGS tea list fro tomorrow??

ACGS team list v TSS

1. K. Crothers
2. M. Craig
3. N. Bloomfield
4. A. Kerr
5. C. Brosnan
6. K. Tornatore
7. T. Stoddart
8. J. Macpherson
9. A. Wilson
10. Z. Lamont
11. L. Mene (2 tries)
12. D. Pakeho
13. L. Sword
14. M. Kelley (1 try)
15. W. Herbert

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Churchie had a strong day, with wins in all games from u13 to opens except 14c, 4th and 2nds. They had a clean sweep against all A teams. With TSS known for such a strong program , perhaps an equal with NUDGEEs, the Churchie administration must be feeling pretty pleased tonight. They look to be building something special.

As I mentioned early, the BBC firsts had a huge weight on the shoulders today, with the expectation of back to back premiers. As a result they looked to be trying so hard they rushed things. They panicked when they got behind on the score board and panicked when they lost there inspirational leader, and with Annan out- the pressure just got to much. BBC did very well under the circumstances and still have a chance.

Robert TOIA is a talent and showed it today. I can’t wait for him to match up against the young Sword boy ( Jadyn Sua No2)playing 13 for ACGS. I wonder if TOIA will perform after some bone rattlers that Sword and his henchmen in the backs are / were dishing out today- outstanding rush defence today. Toia certainly looks like the real deal. What happens when the irresistible force, meets the immovable object.?

By the way Tss have some outstanding talent, and on many occasions their backs were running wild, before being contained. They will not be easy for anyone.

Today was a display of great GPS rugby across the board of all schools.

Real winners. NUDGEE, CHURCHIE, BGS, GT
Real losers. BBC, TSS, IGS, BSHS

Toia has already met Sword in a trial game 29 May.