• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was there a 6ths match played - don't think so.

Hi Les

If you are referring to BBC and Nudgee, i believe there was a 6th's game played. Also for clarity, there were C games in the 13's and 14's (dont think they played the Nudgee C's), while the 11's had 4 teams.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS team of the week as per @qldgpsrugby on instagram.

1. Leli (BBC)
2. Davey-Phillips (NC)
3. Winikerei (NC)
4. Maiava (NC)
5. Tualima (BSHS)
6. Dallimore (NC)
7. Grubi (BGS)
8. Macpherson (ACGS)
9. Wilson (ACGS)
10. Smith (NC)
11. Mene (ACGS)
12. Ngamanu (TSS)
13. Toia (NC)
14. Ripley (BBC)
15. Gray (TSS)

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Wow Interesting team. Not sure about the 9. I think there are better running around. Although he did kick well. There was a very different team in the Courier Mail.

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
The courier mail has a more accurate team of the week I thought

1 Spencer (BGS)
2 Davey Phillips (Nudgee)
3 stiles (GT)
4 Brosnan (ACGS)
5 Maiava (nudgee)
6 Williams (BBC)
7 Liddy (GT)
8 McPherson (ACGS)
9 O’Sullivan (IGS)
10 Smith (Nudgee)
11 Watchirs (BGS)
12 Ngamanu (TSS)
13 Toira (Nudgee)
14 Mene ( ACGS)
15 Josiah (GT)

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is it true that BBC 16A, B & C teams did not score against Nudgee on the weekend?

Sure is,

16A - NC 27, BBC 0
16B - NC 52, BBC 0
16C - NC 67, BBC 0

Embarrassing and concerning for BBC's future first XV. But hey, BBC can fix it in traditional fashion. The good ol' checkbook!

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
The courier mail has a more accurate team of the week I thought

1 Spencer (BGS)
2 Davey Phillips (Nudgee)
3 stiles (GT)
4 Brosnan (ACGS)
5 Maiava (nudgee)
6 Williams (BBC)
7 Liddy (GT)
8 McPherson (ACGS)
9 O’Sullivan (IGS)
10 Smith (Nudgee)
11 Watchirs (BGS)
12 Ngamanu (TSS)
13 Toira (Nudgee)
14 Mene ( ACGS)
15 Josiah (GT)

Lington Leli from BBC over Stiles from GT

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I smell an ambush :
-at TGS with NC without R Toia(shoulder) and maybe Danial as well- ( and lots of sore bodies);-
-at Toowong with BBC without their 2 best players( Taj A and Zac H) and lots of sore bodies.Obviously J Homan also not 100%

I am jumping o the Churchie bandwagon.Those NZ kids they got are good.The 7 is outstanding. Is the NZ prop back yet ?

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
No chance.

I'm not buying into the TGS hype and NC will win by 20+.

GT will be brave but will be no match for BBC. Again BBC by 20+

Churchie will put on a cricket score against IGS and in the match of the round BGS will get 2 in a row and race up the ladder into 5th, relegating TSS into 6th.

I smell an ambush :
-at TGS with NC without R Toia(shoulder) and maybe Danial as well- ( and lots of sore bodies);-
-at Toowong with BBC without their 2 best players( Taj A and Zac H) and lots of sore bodies.Obviously J Homan also not 100%

I am jumping o the Churchie bandwagon.Those NZ kids they got are good.The 7 is outstanding. Is the NZ prop back yet ?

Dan Stavens

Bob McCowan (2)
I smell an ambush :

I agree with the GT upset call. They have really impressed me this year so far. And with Annan and Hough out and Homan still injured and off the back of a hard loss. I believe they could easily lose.

However, I don't see Nudgee losing even with their injuries. They are just to strong. As President of the Churchie Bandwagon it would great if they lost but I cannot see it happening.

Churchie will put up cricket numbers and I cant wait to watch.

Will Rogers

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree with the GT upset call. They have really impressed me this year so far. And with Annan and Hough out and Homan still injured and off the back of a hard loss. I believe they could easily lose.

However, I don't see Nudgee losing even with their injuries. They are just to strong. As President of the Churchie Bandwagon it would great if they lost but I cannot see it happening.

Churchie will put up cricket numbers and I cant wait to watch.

I think you could be on the money there Dan. I hope NC lose as well. Would be great to see the Churchie boys get up this season and take home the premiership. Will prove to the comp, and themselves they don't need a Kayln Ponga, Jayden Sua or Brodie Croft to get them over the line! (Coming from a BBC supporter)

chris1950

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone had any luck with replays or keeping downloads of the games?

Really disappointing that Cluch doesn’t keep a recording of the games to watch later for more than a day or two.

Totally agree, was very excited to watch the ACGS vs TSS game with my grandson Kristian to develop his game and go over some strategies to really stand out in a dominant team. Sometimes i struggle to sleep at night just thinking about the ACGS vs BBC game in the rounds ahead - going to be an absolute cracker knowing there's a bit of brief history between the two colleges. I know back in my day I threw a couple 3-4 McGregors to settle things out on the field but obviously the game is a lot stricter. I expect the crowds to be roaring.
Looking forward to many more rounds of footy and hope Cluch can keep the streams up for longer.

Regards,
Chrissy Boy

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Zac Hough won't return this season after rupturing ligaments in his ankle. A sad end to a terrific First XV for the young 7, I fully expect to see him run out in the green and gold one day.

Have also hear rumor's that Annan won't be back until BBC vs ACGS round.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think you could be on the money there Dan. I hope NC lose as well. Would be great to see the Churchie boys get up this season and take home the premiership. Will prove to the comp, and themselves they don't need a Kayln Ponga, Jayden Sua or AND Brodie Croft to get them over the line! (Coming from a BBC supporter)

fixed