• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I dunno. My tip is that they will can the whole season pretty soon. No winner declared and it goes in the record books as a year without rugby.

Ben cutter

Frank Row (1)
Shame to miss the bbc verse churchie game… was set to be a home game for bbc on old boys day. Not to mention the ongoing tension between both senior cohorts that has epitomised gps spirit all year round, would’ve been a game for the ages. Churchie by 12

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shame to miss the bbc verse churchie game… was set to be a home game for bbc on old boys day. Not to mention the ongoing tension between both senior cohorts that has epitomised gps spirit all year round, would’ve been a game for the ages. Churchie by 12

Agreed, would have been a great game, and an even better rivalry. Shame that it will likely be missed. Churchie have a great team. That being said, BBC by 5 in a low scoring grudge match. (perhaps more fists thrown than points scored!)

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
If I had to predict a GPS ladder by the end of the season without covid I would say:
1 NC
2 BBC
3 ACGS
4 TSS
5 TGS
6 GT
7 BGS
8 BSHS
9 IGS

Your kidding. You do know BBC have lost their Captain and best player in comp (Zac Hough) for the season ?.Without him they will not beat TSS away. May just beat ACGS at home.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
With the Churchie playing fields last Saturday now listed as a low risk site and the “New Field” there between 7-10am named as a close contact site , we should be grateful that the GPS called the games when they did.

The First XV game could easily have become a super spreader event .

Anyone who was at Churchie last Saturday needs to check the Covid contact tracing sites for what this means to them.

JandalSandalsss15

Frank Row (1)
With the Churchie playing fields last Saturday now listed as a low risk site and the “New Field” there between 7-10am named as a close contact site , we should be grateful that the GPS called the games when they did.

The First XV game could easily have become a super spreader event .

Anyone who was at Churchie last Saturday needs to check the Covid contact tracing sites for what this means to them.

There were only low level teams at churchie on saturday and not a lot of them... the part about the First XV statement wouldnt stand well considering churchie was at IGS on saturday for all A teams and some B teams and across a bunch of other schools for supp. games.

So we can be thankful that there were very very little people out at churchie on saturday as there wouldve been if it were a home round for them.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
There were only low level teams at churchie on saturday and not a lot of them. the part about the First XV statement wouldnt stand well considering churchie was at IGS on saturday for all A teams and some B teams and across a bunch of other schools for supp. games.

So we can be thankful that there were very very little people out at churchie on saturday as there wouldve been if it were a home round for them.
The New Field exposure site is from a Grammar game played between 7-10am . There could easily have been more contacts than that if all games had not been called off when they were.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Forget about the rugby season. It will be a miracle if they even get Schoolies week the way things are going.

I agree, GPS season is pretty much gone. That being said why don't we look at the future. Which teams have alot of returning talent? Who are the frontrunners for next year? One thing's for certain, BBC will be lucky to make top half of the table. (and this is coming from a BBC supporter)

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hard to tell without a 2021 season to base it on (at least for
me) but an interesting question. Kids really can develop fast in a year.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I agree, GPS season is pretty much gone. That being said why don't we look at the future. Which teams have alot of returning talent? Who are the frontrunners for next year? One thing's for certain, BBC will be lucky to make top half of the table. (and this is coming from a BBC supporter)

From what I hear from my nephew -you are correct.But that HM that was just shown the door made sure BBC will be robotics

champions for many years to come.
As for Nudgee-what they have coming through in under 13 to 15 is truly frightening-for the rest of us.When did they start bringing in boys in grade 8 and 9? It was usually grade 10.That Nigerian boy in under 13 is the biggest /fastest 13 year old I have ever seen.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
From what I hear from my nephew -you are correct.But that HM that was just shown the door made sure BBC will be robotics

champions for many years to come.
As for Nudgee-what they have coming through in under 13 to 15 is truly frightening-for the rest of us.When did they start bringing in boys in grade 8 and 9? It was usually grade 10.That Nigerian boy in under 13 is the biggest /fastest 13 year old I have ever seen.

Indeed, Paul Brown (Old BBC HM) got shown the door. Too much emphasis on the robotics and academics, not enough on sport. BBC are in big trouble unless they can find some new talent. It will be interesting to see if the new HM is heavily invested in sport.

The depth of Nudgee's program means they'll always be good. A bad season for Nudgee is 3rd in recent history. You'd have to think they'd be close to the best rugby school in all of Aus.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT have 1,2,3,4,5,8,9,13 & 15 returning and similar numbers playing in their seconds that are grade 11. 16A's are also a pretty handy side.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
GT have 1,2,3,4,5,8,9,13 & 15 returning and similar numbers playing in their seconds that are grade 11. 16A's are also a pretty handy side.

And they'll be super upset on missing out on the inevitable premiership they should have been awarded this year. :D

OK, that was obviously a joke.

The Terrace program will be interesting. Will Broad go around again in 2022 with the same coaching team? My understanding is they were just filling in for the year due to the late departure of the previous coach. The coaching set up around the 1st, 2nd & 16A team seemed to be getting results previous coaches hadn't been able to.

I can't see them winning in 2022 but the should be a solid team that takes it to every other team in the comp. Hopefully the days of them self imploding are gone.

lindsey courtis

Stan Wickham (3)
And they'll be super upset on missing out on the inevitable premiership they should have been awarded this year. :D

OK, that was obviously a joke.

The Terrace program will be interesting. Will Broad go around again in 2022 with the same coaching team? My understanding is they were just filling in for the year due to the late departure of the previous coach. The coaching set up around the 1st, 2nd & 16A team seemed to be getting results previous coaches hadn't been able to.

I can't see them winning in 2022 but the should be a solid team that takes it to every other team in the comp. Hopefully the days of them self imploding are gone.

for gods sake whats all the talk about terrace. they lost 56 - 5 in the trial to nudgee. They have played the two worst teams in the comp so far and just won. The have not actually played a solid team yet. they are an average to below average team in the comp

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
No community sport for 2 weeks means that 7 rounds can't be played and no premier crowned as a result. Will be interesting to see if GPS bother to play out the remaining rounds even though no premier can be crowned.

Heart goes out to all the boys competing, and even those who go to watch their School's First XV each week. Devastating for the seniors.