• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So we lost some content in the change to the new forum but it reminded me to talk more about the Terrace undefeated season so far. ;)

I all seriousness though it'll be great to have the rugby back this weekend. Three games for some players to cement their schoolboy legacy.

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
So we lost some content in the change to the new forum but it reminded me to talk more about the Terrace undefeated season so far. ;)

I all seriousness though it'll be great to have the rugby back this weekend. Three games for some players to cement their schoolboy legacy.

Big one this weekend in NC vs ACGS! Keen to have GPS rugby back. Here are my tips for the coming round:

BBC vs IGS
- BBC's last home round and the last chance for some big names to get one final run around in the green, white and black. Annan back in the lineup will hopefully provide enough moral for BBC to bounce back after a tough loss against NC. However, Jarrod Homan isn't playing. Despite this I still think that BBC will win comfortably, by about 20.

GT vs BGS
- Can terrace keep their undefeated season alive and put a hand on the unofficial (but still unofficially official) GPS premiership? Despite their first win in three years BGS won't have what it takes to topple Terrace. However, in all seriousness Terrace should enjoy their last match against weaker competition before they are thumped by Churchie and TSS in the final two rounds.

NC vs Churchie
- Definitely the match of the round. As there seems to be with any school Churchie play there is some bad blood in the water. Despite their best efforts i'm saying Toia to be too strong for ACGS, and Nudgee to storm home by a converted try. However, Churchie have a reputation for sending the butcher stripes crying on Jack Loss oval, so you never really know.

TSS vs TGS
- Upset alert? The last school TSS played war Churchie, and we all know how that went. I'd still put TSS as favorites but you never know what can happen on a cold day up the range...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
THE SOUTHPORT SCHOOL v TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR SCHOOL

The Southport School:
1. Carsen Patu, 2, Cooper McGeary, 3. Massimo DeLutiis, 4. Hunter Dalzell, 5. Harry Wells, 6. Xavier Smith-Power, 7. Jock McCormack, 8. Nick Hilton, 9. Fraser Cowan, 10. Syris Schmidt, 11. Jack Denson, 12. Kaleb Ngamanu, 13. Blake Ruaporo, 14. Blake Raymond, 15. Jye Grey

TGS: 1. Charlie Wigan, 2. Sauni Unite, 3. Logan Gray, 4. Charlie Horn, 5. Zac Reddan, 6. Sam Anderson, 7. Xander Jacobs, 8. Kelly Shadlow, 9. Jackson Brown, 10. Seb Sialau, 11. Bud Smith, 12. Wihan Kruger, 13. Will Johnston, 14. Will Nason, 15. Morris Clementson

TERRACE v BRISBANE GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Terrace:
1. Xavier Stiles, 2. Toby Weston, 3. Jovid Aveau, 4. Xavier Grambower, 5. Angus Munn, 6. Riley Tillotson, 7. Joseph Liddy, 8. PJ Su’a, 9. Archie Xavier, 10. Mitchell Bodimeade, 11. Campbell King, 12. Will Hancock, 13. Nick Lawrence, 14. Mitchell McGeever, 15. Josiah Harrison-Leaunoa, 16. Harry Forster, 17. Ned Wilkin, 18. Addison Pfaender, 19. Luca Gassman, 20. Bill Fairley, 21. Zac Taylor, 22. Will Balke, 23. Harry Lane

BGS: 1. Titan Vaikai 2. Joel Furnell 3. Jack Spencer 4. Will Addis 5. Ari Coroneo 6. Sieg Mackellar 7. Judah Grubi 8. Charlie McCauley 9. Ned Madden 10. Ben Mooney 11. Raphy Athanasiou 12. Campbell Watchirs © 13. Jackson Barling 14. Tom Stunden 15. Xavier Asi.

IPSWICH GRAMMAR SCHOOL v BRISBANE BOYS COLLEGE

IGS:
1. Ben Pula-Fatu, 2. Ayrton Holmes, 3. Lachlan Togia, 4. Ned Kendall, 5. Nathaniel Fox (vc), 6. Ethan Tronc, 7. Dian Minnie, 8. Will Sullivan, 9. Braydon O’Sullivan (C), 10. Jed Bignell, 11. Cyron Tull, 12. Stanley Reihana-Huen, 13. Kyle Colburn, 14. Denzil Perkins, 15. Jack Hocking

BBC: 1. Zac Davis, 2. Will McIntyre, 3. Angus Ward, 4. Toby Macpherson, 5. Ollie Milne ©, 6. Dimitrius Williams, 7. Charlie Archer, 8. Tom Wheen, 9. Archie McGown, 10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips, 11. Delacruz Ripley, 12. Peron Faimalo, 13. Taj Annan, 14. Xavier Rubens, 15. Blake Davies

NUDGEE COLLEGE v ANGLICAN CHURCH GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Churchie:
1. Kaileb Crothers, 2. Max Craig, 3. Nick Bloomfield, 4. Alex Kerr, 5. Charlie Brosnan, 6. Kristian Tornatore, 7. Thomas Stoddard, 8. Jock MacPherson, 9. Archie Wilson, 10. Zack Lamont, 11. Lewis Mene, 12. Dre Pakeho, 13. Larzlo Sword, 14. Mac Kelley, 15. Will Herbert.

Nudgee: 1. Macarius Pereira, 2. Oahu Davey-Phillips, 3. Natiana Winikerei, 4. Charlie Stack, 5. Daniel Maiava, 6. Patrick Dallimore, 7. Cooper Cameron, 8. Liam Le Blanc, 9. Willem Johnstone, 10. Byron Smith, 11. Robert Mapa, 12. Tony Fuimaono (C), 13. Robert Toia, 14. Oska Boyd, 15. Louis De Villiers.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
GT vs BGS….. that’s a lot of Xaviers
The battle of the Xaviers I say.

Those that lose must stop using the name of Xavier and go by their middle name no matter how foul.

Winners get to keep their Xaviernesses

The Comp has the battle of the Colours.

Let it now have The Battle for Saviour of the Xaviers

Last edited:
C

CRUISER

Toia is a talent and two easy trys by him was the difference. However I think Toia who had “no fear “ of Sword says Taipan , after that Tackle is rethinking that statement. He was creamed.

Churchie loose three were outstanding , Toia and the blond winger for Nudgee were the standouts. Churchie backline were not invited to the game and Nudgee backs were having a knock-on -athon.

Nudgee were unimpressive as a team and did what they needed to do but thats all you can say. It was an ok game but the scoreline flattering. 15-14 would have been a better representation of the game.

I think Andrew Scotney would be fuming at that performance but what can you expect with such a disjointed lead up for both teams.

It is a shame the season has been destroyed with Covid 19 , because both teams lacked the absolute passion of a round 7 potential decider that it so easily could have been.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really enjoyed the BGS v GT game.

BGS got out to a comfortable 14-0 lead and really looked to be dominating. Looked a lot more dangerous and GT just couldn't hold the ball. The half time chat from Broad and Stiles must have done the trick because Terrace came out and were a lot more solid in the 2nd stanza.

PJ Suá was an absolute star for Terrace. Scored at least 2 and was a handful every time he ran the ball. His backrow buddies Liddy and Tillotson were busy. Young Xavier Stiles plays more like Dan Crowley I reckon than his dad. I also thought Will Hancock looked solid at 12, while Harrison-Leaunoa had his moments and has a mighty boot.

The BGS pack worked tirelessly and it was only really PJ who was the difference up front. They looked most dangerous when they went out wide but just couldn't get it out there enough. Jackson Barling in particular looked outstanding with every touch. Asi at fullback was electric as well.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC 34 d ACGS 15
Churchie's Lazlo Sword yellow card
Ref punished Nudgee with penalties.
Spoilt the game in my opinion.
Final scores from other games?

Last edited:

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
NC 34 d ACGS 15
Churchie's Lazlo Sword yellow card
Ref punished Nudgee with penalties.
Spoilt the game in my opinion.
Final scores from other games?

Attachments

• 8497A78E-1372-47B5-AE85-46C004888E44.jpeg
    8497A78E-1372-47B5-AE85-46C004888E44.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 268

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
My only gripe from yesterday is, when are the refs going to go by their own watch and not the school scoreboard. The game I watched there was at least 3-4mins still to play ( injuries and trying to find another ball to start the game with)

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Robert Toia is an absolute menace. No one in the GPS can stop this man! If he returns for next year (which he won't as he's with the roosters) he might even be a bit better than Howarth....

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Toia is a talent and two easy trys by him was the difference. However I think Toia who had “no fear “ of Sword says Taipan , after that Tackle is rethinking that statement. He was creamed.

Churchie loose three were outstanding , Toia and the blond winger for Nudgee were the standouts. Churchie backline were not invited to the game and Nudgee backs were having a knock-on -athon.

Nudgee were unimpressive as a team and did what they needed to do but thats all you can say. It was an ok game but the scoreline flattering. 15-14 would have been a better representation of the game.

I think Andrew Scotney would be fuming at that performance but what can you expect with such a disjointed lead up for both teams.

It is a shame the season has been destroyed with Covid 19 , because both teams lacked the absolute passion of a round 7 potential decider that it so easily could have been.
Both teams were rusty after a four week break.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
NC defeated Churchie but the score didn't really tell the true picture. NC number 10 Smith controlled the game very well. For all the hype, due to covid the game was bit of a fizzer. Churchie kicking game was very poor. Line kicks were popguns, general play was not much better and the goal kicking was nil. NC just completed their sets and Churchie fluffed their final plays, when they had the opportunity. Both Coaches would be disappointed with how their teams played. Best on field was NC 10, Churchie 8 and Churchie 5. These two boys were everywhere. Dam shame Covid was about while I think NC would still have won, I suspect it would have been a toss of a coin.