• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Whilst there is no premier crowned this year I think this is what we can take away:

NC were the best team in the competition and deserved to win the premiership. Whilst the whole team was sensational Byron Smith, Rob Toia, Daniel Maiva, Willem Johnstone all showed they were to best at their respective positions. I'm sure that there are many more players you could add to that list. Again, Nudgee have put together a dominant program and an undefeated season in the First XV is well deserved after the last two years.

BBC were devastated by injury this year, an unfortunate final season for some great players. Zac Hough, Taj Annan, Jarrod Homan, Lington Ieli and many other great players missed games due to injury. Whilst Rugby is a physical game and injuries aren't unusual, BBC have just been unlucky. This was highlighted by BBC's loss to State High yesterday. Homan especially injured his shoulder against NC in the trials, missed the rest of pre-season and round 1 before coming back to play NC in round 2. He now requires surgery. Farewell to 3 year First XV veterans Zac Hough and Taj Annan; class players who i'm sure we'll be seeing on the TV in the green and gold in the future.

Reactions: Ear

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
My crack at 2021 GPS Team of the year:

1. Lington Ieli (BBC)
2. Oahu Davey-Phillips (NC)
3. Carsen Patu (TSS)
4. Daniel Maiava (NC)
5. Tualima (BSHS)
6. Joe Liddy (GT)
7. Zac Hough (BBC) & Captain
8. PJ Sua (GT)
9. Willem Johnstone (NC)
10. Byron Smith (NC)
11. Mene (ACGS)
12. Kaleb Ngamanu (TSS)
13. Robert Toia (NC)
14. Blake Raymond (TSS)
15. Jye Gray (TSS)

I'd anticipate if Annan played the full season he would have sent Ngamanu to the bench and slot in at 12

Last edited:

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC only lost four matches against TSS (Round 8)
Screenshot_20210904-191020_TeamApp.jpg
TeamAppteamapp20210905_192927.jpg

Last edited:

SWIT

Frank Row (1)
Watched the churchie/terrace & igs/tgs both great games! I just wish the refs played a bit more advantage both games would have benefited massively!

JandalSandalsss15

Frank Row (1)
I mean. Why else would you go there aside from Rugby / Swimming or Rowing? I'd never send my kid there.
not even that good at rowing either, their cricket scholarships prove them to be alright but aside from that its all they have running for them.
But spirit in that school has been built off the strong rugby program.
I'm with you however, would never send my kid there.

Butcher stripe

Bob McCowan (2)
not even that good at rowing either, their cricket scholarships prove them to be alright but aside from that its all they have running for them.
But spirit in that school has been built off the strong rugby program.
I'm with you however, would never send my kid there.
Very true, NC been rowing now for nearly 20 years and only won 9 O’Connor cups and 7 Old Boy cups , rather disappointing really

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Only one change for NC FirstXV v IGS.
1. Rory Beech replaces Natiana Winikerei who suffered concussion.

Screenshot_20210910-181622_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Just for fun and way to hypothetical to take seriously but.....

BBC 2020 vs NC 2021 vs TSS 2019

Who gets the cookies?

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just for fun and way to hypothetical to take seriously but...

BBC 2020 vs NC 2021 vs TSS 2019

Who gets the cookies?
TSS 2019 definitely has the best forward pack out of the 3 with BBC 2020 having the best backline plus the best player in the GPS in the past 7 years. Nudgee 2021 has a balanced team with players like Maiava in the forwards and Toia in the backs. If TSS could keep the game tight they would win otherwise I think BBC 2020 would take it out.