• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2021

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
McLean , Loane , Handy....

And there would be many more.

Probably more trios from QLD Schools than NSW Schools over time

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Who is the best player in the GPS in the past 7 years? I would have said Kalyn Ponga
Hard to go against Ponga as #1

Followed by :

2. Len Ikitau
3. Harry Wilson

in that order

Howarth nowhere near best . Best raw athlete and in the conversation for the most impactful , but , his skill , vision and game nous not in the same postcode as the above named 3. He still projects to have a very very good NRL career and is still only just turned 19 and being brought along more steadily (as he should be) in the Storm's system.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
MMM, Brown, Elsom, JOC (James O'Connor), ever happen?
Think elsom would have left pre Tomane for sure.
Wonder what the record for most from a single school. I reckon it would have to be 5.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
MMM, Brown, Elsom, JOC (James O'Connor), ever happen?
Think elsom would have left pre Tomane for sure.
Wonder what the record for most from a single school. I reckon it would have to be 5.

TSS had 5 in 2012 v Scotland - Morohan, Higgers, Sharpe and Slipper starting and Simmo off the bench.

Couldn't find your combo of Nudgee, but in 1981 v France Loane, McLean, Hall and Darcy all played together.

Terrace had 4 during a RWC1987 Pool match with Noddy, Cook, McBain and Campbell

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
TSS had 5 in 2012 v Scotland - Morohan, Higgers, Sharpe and Slipper starting and Simmo off the bench.

Couldn't find your combo of Nudgee, but in 1981 v France Loane, McLean, Hall and Darcy all played together.

Terrace had 4 during a RWC1987 Pool match with Noddy, Cook, McBain and Campbell
State High had 6 in 2019 RWC
Wallabies Petaia, Kerevi and To'omua
Japan: Moore and Tupou
Samoa: Alo-Emile

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
With the Under 15's 'Emerging Reds Cup' finishing tomorrow at Riverside Junior Rugby Club, would someone know which date the Under 16's Maroon and White teams play each other at the same venue ? Also if there is a live feed or will the footage be posted on YouTube later. Thank you

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
With the Under 15's 'Emerging Reds Cup' finishing tomorrow at Riverside Junior Rugby Club, would someone know which date the Under 16's Maroon and White teams play each other at the same venue ? Also if there is a live feed or will the footage be posted on YouTube later. Thank you

The game was last night with Maroon beating White 24-19, not too sure if there is any footage but would be good if there was

The Raging Potato 23

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS First XV Awards according to @QLDGPSRUGBY on Instagram

Best young player: PJ Sua
Best Back: Jye Gray
Best Forward: Daniel Maiava
MVP: Rob Toia

Their policy was no double ups (which prevented Toia from bagging both best back and MVP). Pretty spot on i'd say. If we got a full season of Hough I'm sure he would have won best forward over Maiava, who, don't get me wrong is an incredible talent.

I probably would have also picked Byron Smith over Jye Gray but could definetely see their reasoning

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
McLean, Loane, Handy didn't go to the same school....
I guess you could put McLean , Loane , and Duncan Hall together , and possibly even with Ross Hanley if the 4 of them ever took the field together.

Marist would have had a trio , possibly a foursome , with Eales , Herbert ( or two ) and Scott Young.