• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

the Viking Hordes completely over whelmed Nudgee (the vanquished )this afternoon- I was there. As Norselander, I know the Vikings and I knew the Ambush was coming and gave fair warning in my posts. Nudgee ego has brought their downfall and they never saw it coming. The sweetest victory of all.

Huge thanks must go to that TGS Team last week who cracked the Nudgee group like a nut , and the Vikings then rolled in this afternoon, unleashed and took fall advantage.

The dagar , soundly driven into the side of the Nudgee 1st 15 this afternoon looks terminal but never under estimate Nudgee. Maybe a shared premiership is possible but not likely.

Blue and Grey have completely slayed the Nudgee 1st xv dragon this afternoon, and lay the carcass at the feet of Gregory Terrace to do as they want round 7. Could be a close game. Churchie has heaps to over come , in coming matches but would now be one of the premiership favourites.

RT was having a big game until he blew a knee, scoring the opening tries for Nudgee on individual brilliance but apart from him and small glimpses from the wonderful fullback, they were smothered and the Blue and Grey belief never for one moment was questioned.

The Churchie Centres of Dre and Frankie overwhelmed the Nudgee centre and the pace shown by the Churchie wingers were electric!! The Churchie defensive line held up and the line out dominated. Nudgees heavier pack did dominate the scrums but Churchie adapted and simply moved the ball through the scrum quickly to feed a near mistake free backline. Nudgee scrumaging and mauling was top notch as expected but it seemed to be countered every move. When Churchie turned at half time with the wind behind them, the game was over despite Nudgee defending the lead, the momentum had shifted soundly in Churchie favour. Nudgee were Galant and should be proud as they fought tenuously, but the TSS and TGS games took their toll, and when Nudgee met Viking Might near the end, they had no answers.

Enjoy next weeks jelly beans boys and eat em alive, but remember todays lesson students.
- that a Champion Team will beat a Team of Champions every time. Even with RT for the full game the result would have been the same- too much momentum at home- it was invertible.

Nudgee has really dismissed Churchie on this forum all year and didn't do their homework, but it was obvious, This Churchie team is the REAL DEAL and it seems that Nudgee did not see the Ambush coming. My 3 point score line was close and my call of the win was correct.

To be fair , I told Nudgee in one of my posts about the Ambush and to be wary yet they still didn't see it coming.

Pleasure doing business- you have been properly done on the Viking sword this season - See you next year Nudgee.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
the Viking Hordes completely over whelmed Nudgee (the vanquished )this afternoon- I was there. As Norselander, I know the Vikings and I knew the Ambush was coming and gave fair warning in my posts. Nudgee ego has brought their downfall and they never saw it coming. The sweetest victory of all.

Huge thanks must go to that TGS Team last week who cracked the Nudgee group like a nut , and the Vikings then rolled in this afternoon, unleashed and took fall advantage.

The dagar , soundly driven into the side of the Nudgee 1st 15 this afternoon looks terminal but never under estimate Nudgee. Maybe a shared premiership is possible but not likely.

Blue and Grey have completely slayed the Nudgee 1st xv dragon this afternoon, and lay the carcass at the feet of Gregory Terrace to do as they want round 7. Could be a close game. Churchie has heaps to over come , in coming matches but would now be one of the premiership favourites.

RT was having a big game until he blew a knee, scoring the opening tries for Nudgee on individual brilliance but apart from him and small glimpses from the wonderful fullback, they were smothered and the Blue and Grey belief never for one moment was questioned.

The Churchie Centres of Dre and Frankie overwhelmed the Nudgee centre and the pace shown by the Churchie wingers were electric!! The Churchie defensive line held up and the line out dominated. Nudgees heavier pack did dominate the scrums but Churchie adapted and simply moved the ball through the scrum quickly to feed a near mistake free backline. Nudgee scrumaging and mauling was top notch as expected but it seemed to be countered every move. When Churchie turned at half time with the wind behind them, the game was over despite Nudgee defending the lead, the momentum had shifted soundly in Churchie favour. Nudgee were Galant and should be proud as they fought tenuously, but the TSS and TGS games took their toll, and when Nudgee met Viking Might near the end, they had no answers.

Enjoy next weeks jelly beans boys and eat em alive, but remember todays lesson students.
- that a Champion Team will beat a Team of Champions every time. Even with RT for the full game the result would have been the same- too much momentum at home- it was invertible.

Nudgee has really dismissed Churchie on this forum all year and didn't do their homework, but it was obvious, This Churchie team is the REAL DEAL and it seems that Nudgee did not see the Ambush coming. My 3 point score line was close and my call of the win was correct.

To be fair , I told Nudgee in one of my posts about the Ambush and to be wary yet they still didn't see it coming.

Pleasure doing business- you have been properly done on the Viking sword this season - See you next year Nudgee.
Wow Norselander …. talk about being humble?!?!? I too was at the game and yes, it was a great win by Churchie, but …. it doesn’t mean jack@hit if they don’t do the business against TSS, then TGS in consecutive away games in the next couple of weeks. Nudgee have been the yardstick for years and have the best rugby programme going around based on there junior teams results, but every now and then, a well coached team knocks them off and from the sounds of things, TGS came close. All the pressure is on Churchie now to back up today’s great performance so hopefully they don’t get ahead of themselves. A great crowd and spectacle witnessed a very good game of rugby with all credit to the referee for controlling the game well and not making the whistle all about himself!! And yes I’m a Churchie parent and I’m sure the Churchie Coaching team will keep a lid on it as the season is far from over!! Let’s wait and see as it’s turning into a very exciting and competitive season!

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wow Norselander …. talk about being humble?!?!? I too was at the game and yes, it was a great win by Churchie, but …. it doesn’t mean jack@hit if they don’t do the business against TSS, then TGS in consecutive away games in the next couple of weeks. Nudgee have been the yardstick for years and have the best rugby programme going around based on there junior teams results, but every now and then, a well coached team knocks them off and from the sounds of things, TGS came close. All the pressure is on Churchie now to back up today’s great performance so hopefully they don’t get ahead of themselves. A great crowd and spectacle witnessed a very good game of rugby with all credit to the referee for controlling the game well and not making the whistle all about himself!! And yes I’m a Churchie parent and I’m sure the Churchie Coaching team will keep a lid on it as the season is far from over!! Let’s wait and see as it’s turning into a very exciting and competitive season!
well spoken super samoan

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Churchie produced what will go down as a famous win against Nudgee today, they really deserved this win, and I’m saying this as a Nudgee OB. The Nudgee coach didn’t see what we all saw the previous two games and that was the lack of a kicking game. Clearing kicks into touch that almost never extended further than 10 metres kept them pinned their own half almost the whole game. How was this not picked up on? It was the most impactful dynamic of the game without question. A shocking misread of the close win against TGS as well as the TSS match. How on earth was this missed!? The reason Nudgee lost was this point. Well done to Churchie, they out thought and out coached Nudgee. Churchie put on a great day and the main oval is now on par with any of the other GPS schools. Will they go all the way? Let’s see but it’s their’s to lose. TSS will play the game in both halves unlike Nudgee with a kicking game. This might be a good match up but my money is still on Churchie.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-170809_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220730-170809_Instagram.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 240

GPS_Rugby_Lover1978

Frank Row (1)
I tell you what there’s just something about these BGS blokes that clearly have got something going for them. Will sheedy a standout yesterday, with his fast feet and dazzling offloads that leaves the oppositions backline shaking like bacon. Not to mention Mr. Consistency Charlie Macaulay representing that state and school jumper with pride, his work rate is something you just won’t see around the corner. I wouldn’t go as far as saying an upset undefeated BGS premiership season is most definitely on the cards.

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Fantastic game of schoolboy rugby yesterday at Ipswich.
BBC came with their heads held high and left with their tails between their legs.
IGS forwards were outstanding and the IGS 10 had the game on a string from start to finish.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Fantastic game of schoolboy rugby yesterday at Ipswich.
BBC came with their heads held high and left with their tails between their legs.
IGS forwards were outstanding and the IGS 10 had the game on a string from start to finish.
BBC really lack skills this year dropping so much ball which has cost them two games along with inability to score when in opposition 22. Halfback also struggling to provide clean ball at scrum.

Congratulations ACGS IGS n BGS on what I thought were upset wins.

Winterfell

Frank Row (1)
BBC really lack skills this year dropping so much ball which has cost them two games along with inability to score when in opposition 22. Halfback also struggling to provide clean ball at scrum.

Congratulations ACGS IGS n BGS on what I thought were upset wins.
Agree with the skill set appraisal for BBC, but the drop balls seem to attribute more to wayward passing which appears to be the issue. This may be the reason, their two classy Wingers (#14 Tuqiri & #11 Ah Fook) have limited opportunities to show case their ware’s. With BBC constantly attempting numerous forward crashes (with a smaller bodied pack, I believe from a game plan from yesteryear when the side had some true grunt bookends) or numerous mid-field crashes (As if Jack Howarth is still in the side or their faith in the skill set to pass wide is non existent) rendering their two speedy finishers with limited opportunities to score tries which have made recent GPS highlight reels. Again both wingers made great metres with limited touches, but were never given an opportunity to have ball in hand with an overlap.
Sometimes the game plan from last year do not suit the talent base you have available. Congrats to all winning sides, especially Churchie!!

Winterfell

Frank Row (1)
Churchie produced what will go down as a famous win against Nudgee today, they really deserved this win, and I’m saying this as a Nudgee OB. The Nudgee coach didn’t see what we all saw the previous two games and that was the lack of a kicking game. Clearing kicks into touch that almost never extended further than 10 metres kept them pinned their own half almost the whole game. How was this not picked up on? It was the most impactful dynamic of the game without question. A shocking misread of the close win against TGS as well as the TSS match. How on earth was this missed!? The reason Nudgee lost was this point. Well done to Churchie, they out thought and out coached Nudgee. Churchie put on a great day and the main oval is now on par with any of the other GPS schools. Will they go all the way? Let’s see but it’s their’s to lose. TSS will play the game in both halves unlike Nudgee with a kicking game. This might be a good match up but my money is still on Churchie.
Totally agree about the Nudgee kicking game being their Achilles heel. But the loss of RT to be fair probably didn’t help their cause. They seemed happy for him to crash it up when off their try line & going to their exit kick when just metres inside their 22m. Congrats to Churchie on the Win & the effort on defence as they contained Bath, who looked elusive all game

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Would have to strongly disagree. Consistent players across the park, upset central at Tennyson round 7 against Nudgee. Be there to witness game of the season!!!
Winning ugly is still a win
As stated GT against BBC was the worst game I have seen in recent years. That form line was backed up by IGS beating BBC and BGS beating GT. IGS and BGS have won approx 5 games in 10 years. This vindicates my commentary around that BBC game against GT. I also believe that BSHS will beat GT this weekend. But hey they must be doing something right Pat Carrigan went there. :)