• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
This is factually correct although the Nudgee First XV beat the reigning Premiers BBC First XV last year as well as the Nudgee U16A Team beat the BBC U16A last year so I think this is relevant in the analysis as I doubt many of the 2020 BBC players will be in this year's First XV whereas the undefeated Nudgee First XV and undefeated U16A winning teams last year will form this year's First XV.

You have to let go at some point! haha.

BBC will be strong and there will be another great Nudgee v BBC Firsts XV game I'm sure. Nudgee v the Official Premiers, what a match!
Eloquently delivered - Post Drahm BBC were a major disappointment last year and despite a few new recruits I understand this is a year cohort that has struggled in their ride through their schooling - Nudgee to average 30+ n BBC to finish 3-5.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
This is factually correct although the Nudgee First XV beat the reigning Premiers BBC First XV last year and the Nudgee U16A Team beat the BBC U16A last year, so I think these facts are relevant in the analysis as I doubt many of the 2020 BBC players will be in this year's BBC First XV, whereas the undefeated Nudgee First XV and the undefeated U16A winning teams last year will form this year's First XV at Nudgee. I don't think this group of BBC players have experienced a win against Nudgee before, certainly not on Ross Oval.

You have to let go at some point! haha.

BBC will be strong and there will be another great Nudgee v BBC First XV game I'm sure. Nudgee v the Official Premiers, what a match!
I hope BBC are strong but I highly doubt it,there 16 As last year where woeful

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
A dominant win for Terrace over IGS yesterday 35-5. Very impressive as I believe the likes of Angus Munn, Archie Xavier, Jovid Aveau, Nick Lawrence, Xavier Grandbower and Will Balke (all returning 1st XV players) all where rested. They verse Nudgee this week which will really tell us how good Terrace are, most of the names stated above will be returning, though from what I've been told by Terrace parents I believe Jovid Aveau, Will Balke and one other scholarship boy (unsure of name) may still be a week or so away from returning. Overall this is shaping up to be a very competitive GPS season!
They did look good against IGS, but then IGS had most of their starting team on the bench

Last edited:

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter 640 Jun. 03.jpg

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
Watched NC v GT today. I know it's pre season, but NC look as good a schoolboy team that I have seen. GT were terrible tbf. Rob Toia is huge. The Roosters have put in some work on him.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC 54 smashed GT 0

No sign of Macarius Pereira.
Fullback Tory Bath was outstanding in attack and defence.
Rob Toia only played first half.
He has put on muscle and grown a moustache
Untested scrums today.
No standouts for Terrace.
Weak defence and no leadership.
No threat to Nudgee premiership aspirations.
GT will finish towards bottom of the ladder.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
NC 54 smashed GT 0

Untested scrums today.
Absolutely agree with your assessment of GT. I couldn’t understand the early hype around them on this forum. They’re by far the smallest forward pack in the comp and have a backline that is ordinary in defence and haven’t made any meters in attack since the Vaihu brothers played. NC on the other hand - engrave the trophy now and may as well mark it for next year as well, they’re untouchable. The real competition this year will be which team will finish second and who will win the spoon.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Churchie v BBC. Churchie won 4 tries to 2. Lots of rotations. Churchie much stronger in the 1st half. 12 in particular was dominant but only played a half Too many errors in the 2nd let BBC back into the contest.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)

NC 54 smashed GT 0

Untested scrums today.
There were some big lads from Terrace watching from sideline rather than playing. Was told most should be back in next few weeks so will see improvement. Needs to be substantial improvement. Nudgee 1st and 2nds played v Terrace were uncontested scrums. 2nds last week also uncontested v State high 1st. Gee it changes the game in a negative way when no contested scrums.

Last edited:

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Terrace could roll out the biggest forward pack in the comp ,won’t change anything,there rugby program is in shambles ,they have the who’s who of coaching staff and ex wallabies walking around with terrace hats on ,going to be a long year for the terrace men,they will be favourites next year.

SmithysHotTakes

Frank Row (1)

There were some big lads from Terrace watching from sideline rather than playing. Was told most should be back in next few weeks so will see improvement. Needs to be substantial improvement. Nudgee 1st and 2nds played v Terrace were uncontested scrums. 2nds last week also uncontested v State high 1st. Gee it changes the game in a negative way when no contested scrums.
100%, Terrace looked rattled by Nudgee and were never fully in the game. The forward pack were soft, the 10 looked lost and the backline had trouble in defence all game. Once again some big names and returning players were rested or injured including Angus Munn, Toby Weston, Xavier Grandbower, Jovid Aveau, Will Balke, one of the backline scholarship boys (unsure of name still), Nick Lawrence, PJ Sua. Worrying signs with their growing injury count leading into the season!

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Nudgee played 2 half games today. The first half game v BBC saw Nudgee looking very disjointed with a different 10 from previous trials and the backline not firing in first half. Forwards for Nudgee struggled at line out big time. Very solid defence as per standard Nudgee play. Toia looked to be cruising either that or contained reasonably well by good BBC defence in outside backs. Overall Nudgee very clunky and only win 7/0 off an individual bit of brilliance from Tory Bath.
Nudgee lost open side prop with what looked like a possible serious knee injury ( hope not) as he was just returning from ankle injury.
2nd half game v Ipswich Who struggled in outside backs defence even after Toia went off early. Game won comfortably by Nudgee I think Ipswich would have been glad it was only one half. Highlight was Nudgee scoring a great schoolboy try that went full length of field through about 9 sets of hands. Nudgee coaching staff rolled out the kids with about 5 players from U 16s.finishing game. Get the sense Nudgee think they have season in the bag and are focused on developing younger players in the hope of building a dynasty run of premierships. Might well cost them if their not careful. There are cracks but solid wins to Nudgee who must be clear favorites.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Some pics from today's trials.
BBC #18 and #4 must be 6ft 4
They caused disruption of NC lineout.
IGS #10 is a clone of Sam Walker.
He led them to surprise win against BBC.
Nudgee scrum domination over both BBC and IGS pack.

Attachments

• 20220611_124820.jpg
    20220611_124820.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 384
  • 20220611_122035.jpg
    20220611_122035.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 376
  • 20220611_121945.jpg
    20220611_121945.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 391
  • 20220611_120519.jpg
    20220611_120519.jpg