• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
There were plenty of line outs called for not being straight in the Terrace v Churchie game , including the the last one of the match where Terrace had a chance to steal it with a lineout less than 10 metres out from the try line. That fluffed throw and the two soft tries off ruck defence errors cost Terrace the game , not the referee.

And I’m saying this as a GT supporter, it wasn’t the ref that lost that one.

To be fair , Churchie looked to be in First gear against Terrace who were Red Lining all game - sorry but GT Totally outclassed. The score was flattering to GT but to give credit the captain tried all day and he was Inspirational against what looked to be a superior BBC team, which scrapped them over the line against the Green and Blacks.BBC looked devastated and again looked the superior team, but could not get the Chockies. GT revved again all day to their absolute best, to get the win, but I think that is the best they have in the tank ( until Nudgee). Well played GT. BBC will be angry this week.

Churchie cranked up to second gear against IGS, the Red and White showing they are not to be trifled with in glimpses. IGS looks a big pack but lacking the polish of a complete Unit. Still they will improve as the Season goes on, and will cause issue later in the fixtures. Quick backs and good hands in parts. A TGS performance is in them.

IGS gave TGS a tough game the week before , but what a Team TGS bought to Jack Ross Oval . I haven't seen the Butcher stripes so flustered for a while. The stress and niggle in the team was on full display - they had been cracked wide open by TGS, and the humiliation Nudgee suffered was difficult for them ,if not Character building. This was not meant to happen to the "Super Team." They will learn from that experience.

Nudgee are full of Stars but remember they are only school boys at the end of the day. This Nudgee team has been built up by so many as untouchable , we forget the pressure that these poor Nudgee boys are wearing. The pressure was etched into their faces on Saturday and TGS really cracked them. Will that be a complete physiological realisation that they are not as good as they thought they were and they will fold, or a rallying cry to come together. Either way TGS has increased and ramped the pressure cooker , put doubt in the heads of the Nudgee XV, for this weekends game.Churchie could take advantage of that doubt-ambush? All eyes will be "ON NUDGEE." and they will feel everyone of those eyes, on them on Saturday on Main Oval.

That been said, For me I think Nudgee are a class outfit, and if Churchie turn up in 1st or 2nd gear against Nudgee , the 77-NIL prediction of last week will come true in Nudgee's favour. Still Churchie need to be respected on their home ground.

Churchie's centre pairing are both robust lads (with representational honours ) to handle RT and Co.Churchie 2nd rowers both U18 Reds representatives look like string beans but are actually Exocet missiles and some of the bone crunching tackles witnessed in Trials are needed to be seen to be believed. I hope they are let loose to HUNT on the weekend.

RT has been quiet and this weekend maybe his time to shine. Nudgee Full back is the real talent in this Nudgee team for mine. His open field running and heads up football brain shows Class and intelligence and he will be the difference with RT. The Nudgee forward pack is big, well drilled and know what to do.Last week on Ross was a Blip and so long as they dont get flustered again........ I think most accept that Nudgee has just too much class and physical presence for the Blue and Grey and Nudgee will come away from Main Oval , well advanced towards another premiership. They might as well get the Trophy Cabinet ready unless GT BGS or IGS get something special done on their day to shine.

BGS is also, yet to be full tested. BSHS gave a good account and like IGS show Glimpses of brilliance but BGS had them well in control. BGS wingers should not be given too much space either or they will hurt you. BGS is a Dark Horse and BBC has plenty more surprises.

TSS will be hurting from the first week and TGS will be brimming with confidence . I find this game the hardest to pick this week.

What a wonderful season that is setting up. At this stage, everyone still has a hope of premiership glory and all teams are very competitive. Lets see how it plays out.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
To be fair , Churchie looked to be in First gear against Terrace who were Red Lining all game - sorry but GT Totally outclassed. The score was flattering to GT but to give credit the captain tried all day and he was Inspirational against what looked to be a superior BBC team, which scrapped them over the line against the Green and Blacks.BBC looked devastated and again looked the superior team, but could not get the Chockies. GT revved again all day to their absolute best, to get the win, but I think that is the best they have in the tank ( until Nudgee). Well played GT. BBC will be angry this week.

Churchie cranked up to second gear against IGS, the Red and White showing they are not to be trifled with in glimpses. IGS looks a big pack but lacking the polish of a complete Unit. Still they will improve as the Season goes on, and will cause issue later in the fixtures. Quick backs and good hands in parts. A TGS performance is in them.

IGS gave TGS a tough game the week before , but what a Team TGS bought to Jack Ross Oval . I haven't seen the Butcher stripes so flustered for a while. The stress and niggle in the team was on full display - they had been cracked wide open by TGS, and the humiliation Nudgee suffered was difficult for them ,if not Character building. This was not meant to happen to the "Super Team." They will learn from that experience.

Nudgee are full of Stars but remember they are only school boys at the end of the day. This Nudgee team has been built up by so many as untouchable , we forget the pressure that these poor Nudgee boys are wearing. The pressure was etched into their faces on Saturday and TGS really cracked them. Will that be a complete physiological realisation that they are not as good as they thought they were and they will fold, or a rallying cry to come together. Either way TGS has increased and ramped the pressure cooker , put doubt in the heads of the Nudgee XV, for this weekends game.Churchie could take advantage of that doubt-ambush? All eyes will be "ON NUDGEE." and they will feel everyone of those eyes, on them on Saturday on Main Oval.

That been said, For me I think Nudgee are a class outfit, and if Churchie turn up in 1st or 2nd gear against Nudgee , the 77-NIL prediction of last week will come true in Nudgee's favour. Still Churchie need to be respected on their home ground.

Churchie's centre pairing are both robust lads (with representational honours ) to handle RT and Co.Churchie 2nd rowers both U18 Reds representatives look like string beans but are actually Exocet missiles and some of the bone crunching tackles witnessed in Trials are needed to be seen to be believed. I hope they are let loose to HUNT on the weekend.

RT has been quiet and this weekend maybe his time to shine. Nudgee Full back is the real talent in this Nudgee team for mine. His open field running and heads up football brain shows Class and intelligence and he will be the difference with RT. The Nudgee forward pack is big, well drilled and know what to do.Last week on Ross was a Blip and so long as they dont get flustered again........ I think most accept that Nudgee has just too much class and physical presence for the Blue and Grey and Nudgee will come away from Main Oval , well advanced towards another premiership. They might as well get the Trophy Cabinet ready unless GT BGS or IGS get something special done on their day to shine.

BGS is also, yet to be full tested. BSHS gave a good account and like IGS show Glimpses of brilliance but BGS had them well in control. BGS wingers should not be given too much space either or they will hurt you. BGS is a Dark Horse and BBC has plenty more surprises.

TSS will be hurting from the first week and TGS will be brimming with confidence . I find this game the hardest to pick this week.

What a wonderful season that is setting up. At this stage, everyone still has a hope of premiership glory and all teams are very competitive. Lets see how it plays out.
I would be tempted to pick TGS even though the fixture is at the Shark Tank, but unfortunately TGS do not have a reliable kicker. Despite having 2 conversions virtually in front of the sticks TGS failed to land one. Their 15 points coming from 3 tries. The Nudgee kicker not much better - 4 tries and 1 conversion for their 22 points. I would tip TSS by 5 points.

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
OK we are into Round 3 this weekend and thought it was time this important topic got some airtime.....

Which school has the best burger?

In past years Terrace has been a leader, with TGS up there. And though its the Bye filler - Downlands was quality too.

So what's the verdict in 2022 - Whose burger takes out the GPS premiership?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
OK we are into Round 3 this weekend and thought it was time this important topic got some airtime.....

In past years Terrace has been a leader, with TGS up there. And though its the Bye filler - Downlands was quality too.

Sadly the Terrace canteen is out of play due to the floods.

They have had food vans in to feed the masses, good food , but rules them out of contention for "best burger".

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
I would be tempted to pick TGS even though the fixture is at the Shark Tank, but unfortunately TGS do not have a reliable kicker. Despite having 2 conversions virtually in front of the sticks TGS failed to land one. Their 15 points coming from 3 tries. The Nudgee kicker not much better - 4 tries and 1 conversion for their 22 points. I would tip TSS by 5 points.
I wouldn't imagine the "Shark Tank" is in keeping with the ethos of TSS. The School calls their main Rugby Oval "The Village Green".

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^if you were close to any schoolboy rugby program you should know it’s very poor form to single out kids.

Get rid of that post please , or at least edit the names out.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
^if you were close to any schoolboy rugby program you should know it’s very poor form to single out kids.

Get rid of that post please , or at least edit the names out.
Joined Tuesday - speaks today - some sort of frustration - Terrace has recently stuck firm on their recruitment parameters and good on them for that - they are selective but inclusive - good on them for that - any team that has Carrigan through their ranks is doing something right!!!

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
TGS def TSS - by <7
BGS def GT - by <7
NC def ACGS - by <7
BBC def IGS - by >13
TGS v TSS - The Gold Coast lads will be shown too many gold cards by the ref TGS by 3
BGS v GT - MOTR. Archie Xavier will carve up through the middle. GT by 10. Munn v McCauley will be an epic battle
NC v ACGS - Not sure what you guys have been watching, Churchie were lucky against GT and struggled to put IGS away last week. NC by 20
BBC v IGS - BBC won’t win another game this year. IGS by 7

In terms of burgers, you can't look past bgs, who generously dish out some shoulder sandwiches to all opponents on the footy field

Momentum Analysis at this point of the Season

Teams with Momentum on the WAY UP

TGS
BGS
CHURCHIE
TERRACE

Teams with Momentum on the WAY DOWN

NC
TSS
BSHS
IGS
BBC

With this in mind

TSS V TGS - TSS for the win.They are a good team and perhaps TGS performance last week was their Grand final effort

BGS v GT - Both are confidence teams. Need to feel the momentum before they start playing well - BGS at home but beware the confidence growing in GT

BBC v IGS - Polished Silver v Rough Diamond- BBC looks too well drilled -BBC ( so long as they don't drop their bundle again)
and my Momentum Analysis has changed my mind.

NC v ACGS - Churchie for the win. Considered carefully. I think TGS did enormous damage last week to confidence to NC. They will be questioning themselves. Momentum at this point of the Season is now NOT with NC thanks to the Tenacious TGS team. Momentum Analysis has changed my mind. Churchie are well drilled , Hungry and Home. 10- 7 Churchie in a huge upset and will leave brimming full of confidence as they leave Main Oval.

"NC v ACGS - Not sure what you guys have been watching, Churchie were lucky against GT and struggled to put IGS away last week. NC by 20"
KFC -----------Not sure what you were watching last week, Nudgee were lucky against TGS and struggled to put TSS away previous week.ACGS by 3 :)

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Good theory ,Nudgee don’t win by a big margin,there confidence is down ?,I think they will respond knowing how good they defended with 14 men for 30 min and a ref who is doing the 13bs this weekend

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Momentum Analysis at this point of the Season

Teams with Momentum on the WAY UP

TGS
BGS
CHURCHIE
TERRACE

Teams with Momentum on the WAY DOWN

NC
TSS
BSHS
IGS
BBC

With this in mind

TSS V TGS - TSS for the win.They are a good team and perhaps TGS performance last week was their Grand final effort

BGS v GT - Both are confidence teams. Need to feel the momentum before they start playing well - BGS at home but beware the confidence growing in GT

BBC v IGS - Polished Silver v Rough Diamond- BBC looks too well drilled -BBC ( so long as they don't drop their bundle again)
and my Momentum Analysis has changed my mind.

NC v ACGS - Churchie for the win. Considered carefully. I think TGS did enormous damage last week to confidence to NC. They will be questioning themselves. Momentum at this point of the Season is now NOT with NC thanks to the Tenacious TGS team. Momentum Analysis has changed my mind. Churchie are well drilled , Hungry and Home. 10- 7 Churchie in a huge upset and will leave brimming full of confidence as they leave Main Oval.

"NC v ACGS - Not sure what you guys have been watching, Churchie were lucky against GT and struggled to put IGS away last week. NC by 20"
KFC -----------Not sure what you were watching last week, Nudgee were lucky against TGS and struggled to put TSS away previous week.ACGS by 3 :)
TGS just need a reliable kicker and they will beat many sides this year, particularly at home on Old Boys' Oval. With the winter they are having up there it is the best home ground advantage in the GPS. Churchie, BBC, and Terrace will not be looking forward to their journey up the Range.

Ottowa 10 - I recall Churchie defended with 13 men for 10 mins with out a point- is that correct? Ref's do have a sense of humour sometimes don't they Nudgee to even up the contest.

The point being, when you start arguing with the ref and his decisions with Childish Tantrums, and not focusing your energy on your Rugby and winning the game, you lack discipline and therefore really deserve to perform badly, and you should expect to nearly lose the game. Its a pointer that perhaps you are not as good a team mentally as you think you are.

Nudgee , BBC TSS and Churchie always have well drilled forward packs especially in "on the line" defence or attack. TGS and IGS have great forward packs that lack just the final Polish. Nudgee is a professional pack but are yet to come up against one that is as well drilled as "underdog" Churchie. It will be a Challenge. What Nudgee has going for it is size , Strength and Physical presence whilst Churchie has Light weight nimble hunting pack with a big motor to keep going all day. This is why I put 3 points in the game.

I agree TGS is a very tough ask for those teams with the pea soup 3pm cold setting in up there. If Churchie wins this weekend, they should be still very worried about the games coming up, especially TGS. A lot of hard work for them ahead. If Nudgee win, I reckon Terrace will challenge, if not BBC or even IGS hitting form. What a great game, what a great season still to enjoy.

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ottowa 10 - I recall Churchie defended with 13 men for 10 mins with out a point- is that correct? Ref's do have a sense of humour sometimes don't they Nudgee to even up the contest.

The point being, when you start arguing with the ref and his decisions with Childish Tantrums, and not focusing your energy on your Rugby and winning the game, you lack discipline and therefore really deserve to perform badly, and you should expect to nearly lose the game. Its a pointer that perhaps you are not as good a team mentally as you think you are.

Nudgee , BBC TSS and Churchie always have well drilled forward packs especially in "on the line" defence or attack. TGS and IGS have great forward packs that lack just the final Polish. Nudgee is a professional pack but are yet to come up against one that is as well drilled as "underdog" Churchie. It will be a Challenge. What Nudgee has going for it is size , Strength and Physical presence whilst Churchie has Light weight nimble hunting pack with a big motor to keep going all day. This is why I put 3 points in the game.

I agree TGS is a very tough ask for those teams with the pea soup 3pm cold setting in up there. If Churchie wins this weekend, they should be still very worried about the games coming up, especially TGS. A lot of hard work for them ahead. If Nudgee win, I reckon Terrace will challenge, if not BBC or even IGS hitting form. What a great game, what a great season still to enjoy.
terrace challenge Nudgee?