• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Another round of Rugby over

Well, well , well - GT grappled out a win against the "Team that Hate to tour" -IGS. Certainly an improved performance by GT and the home win will give them the SHOT in the arm they wanted to go into a clash with Nudgee. I thought IGS although they tried, were very sleepy looking and not the team we have seen in recent weeks. Perhaps they are going into their shell or they just like being the "Butchers Boys of Brassell."

Talking of sleepy , TSS nearly allowed BGS to Rollover the top of them at BGS This arvo. TSS blew a 21- nil lead to nearly lose it. BGS played some enterprising rugby and that Barbarian style of Innovation started to break down the TSS defence. It was not in the text book and so TSS struggled with BGS flair and Innovation. Still TSS physical game got them home but GEE THEY LOOK BRITTLE. Some one could get them before the season is out.

On a positive note from that game, the Outside centre looked to be badly injured on the field ( Not the positive at all) , and I call out the two or three team mates who obviously recognised it was a serious injury and stayed with him until the medical staff etc could get on the field. You could see they were offering him comfort and telling him to hang in there until the Medical help arrived. The mateship displayed by a number of the TSS boys, spoke volumes for the Character being developed at that school and those boys first to him, should be held up as Heros in my opinion. The Injury looked to be serious and I for one wish that young man all the very best for his recovery. He has some very good mates to support him. Real ANZAC stuff! I hope the TSS headmaster was there to see his mates compassion.

Nudgee and BSHS, - well BSHS really should not have turned up. They gave it their all, but they had none of the discipline and drill that Nudgee showed this afternoon. The most positive thing I can say is that BSHS stopped the haemorrhage of points in the second half. Nudgee will be looking forward to doing the same to GT next weekend again - Maybe GT has something to say about that ........ but I doubt it.

TGS struggled with the favourites for the wooden spoon BBC. Once again BBC finished hard and tried to close the Gap but TGS had it under control. I am unsure what is wrong with BBC. They appear a good team on paper and obviously have the skills, but the chemistry is just not there. They are all looking to be the school hero, but as a result the team work is forgotten. Forget the individual hero moments boys and think of the team. TGS remain a strong team.

Meanwhile , Churchie have been in the Sauna with Umbrella's in their Mocktails, watching the games on the big screen and relaxing..... but be aware of BGS

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Another round of Rugby over

Well, well , well - GT grappled out a win against the "Team that Hate to tour" -IGS. Certainly an improved performance by GT and the home win will give them the SHOT in the arm they wanted to go into a clash with Nudgee. I thought IGS although they tried, were very sleepy looking and not the team we have seen in recent weeks. Perhaps they are going into their shell or they just like being the "Butchers Boys of Brassell."

Talking of sleepy , TSS nearly allowed BGS to Rollover the top of them at BGS This arvo. TSS blew a 21- nil lead to nearly lose it. BGS played some enterprising rugby and that Barbarian style of Innovation started to break down the TSS defence. It was not in the text book and so TSS struggled with BGS flair and Innovation. Still TSS physical game got them home but GEE THEY LOOK BRITTLE. Some one could get them before the season is out.

On a positive note from that game, the Outside centre looked to be badly injured on the field ( Not the positive at all) , and I call out the two or three team mates who obviously recognised it was a serious injury and stayed with him until the medical staff etc could get on the field. You could see they were offering him comfort and telling him to hang in there until the Medical help arrived. The mateship displayed by a number of the TSS boys, spoke volumes for the Character being developed at that school and those boys first to him, should be held up as Heros in my opinion. The Injury looked to be serious and I for one wish that young man all the very best for his recovery. He has some very good mates to support him. Real ANZAC stuff! I hope the TSS headmaster was there to see his mates compassion.

Nudgee and BSHS, - well BSHS really should not have turned up. They gave it their all, but they had none of the discipline and drill that Nudgee showed this afternoon. The most positive thing I can say is that BSHS stopped the haemorrhage of points in the second half. Nudgee will be looking forward to doing the same to GT next weekend again - Maybe GT has something to say about that ........ but I doubt it.

TGS struggled with the favourites for the wooden spoon BBC. Once again BBC finished hard and tried to close the Gap but TGS had it under control. I am unsure what is wrong with BBC. They appear a good team on paper and obviously have the skills, but the chemistry is just not there. They are all looking to be the school hero, but as a result the team work is forgotten. Forget the individual hero moments boys and think of the team. TGS remain a strong team.

Meanwhile , Churchie have been in the Sauna with Umbrella's in their Mocktails, watching the games on the big screen and relaxing..... but be aware of BGS

You watched all games at the same time I assume?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v BSHS team sheet

Attachments

• 20220820_113123.jpg
    20220820_113123.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 228

Rugby_Lover10

Bob McCowan (2)
Terrace nudgee this week, game of the season. Can expect a huge crowd out at tennyson and after a sensational performance from terrace against ippy, they are set up nicely for an huge upset as underdogs again. Despite not too many wins to show for terrace, don't count them out as they have been unlucky and had two good wins and 3 close losses all decided by less than five points. With a nudgee loss this week, would most likely ruin their chance of a joint prem
Great verdict. I can really see GT stepping up to the big game and causing a massive upset.

RugbyKing

Frank Row (1)
Terrace nudgee this week, game of the season. Can expect a huge crowd out at tennyson and after a sensational performance from terrace against ippy, they are set up nicely for an huge upset as underdogs again. Despite not too many wins to show for terrace, don't count them out as they have been unlucky and had two good wins and 3 close losses all decided by less than five points. With a nudgee loss this week, would most likely ruin their chance of a joint prem
Definitely biggest game of the season for GT, all the presser on NC this week, with no Toia and terrace in good form after a good win against a very strong IGS team it's clear the positing the two teams are in, GT with nothing to lose, and NC with all the pressure on them. TSS and ACGS will be watching closely, with an upset from GT ruining NC hopes of a 3 way premiership.

Its always a great day to watch the rivalry unfold between Nudgee and GT. Compared to the pre- season hype whereby Nudgee was described as outright premiership unbackables, they find themselves in an unenviable situation of playing the yearly derby at Tennyson with GT on the Up!.

I think Nudgee lost the "Unbackables" status when they lost their Roosters superstar in RT who until then carried the hopes and premiership aspirations of the School on his Shoulders. What a burden this one boy carried and a difference he made. I look forward to watching his rugby league career.

I think Nudgee were lucky to face TSS in week one , when they had RT, as he was the difference and TSS had not got any combination or momentum together at that point of the season. For Nudgee to play TSS now without RT, and I suspect we would see a Churchie repeat result and TSS come away with the win. Since Nudgee has struggled with TGS and defeated by Churchie , I think they are now ranked say 3rd or 4th at this point of the season, despite the table. I would say that with RT , they would be safely number 1.

GT on the other hand , were also talked up pre-season, by many as the premiership roughies but that is now laughable. They have been blown out of the water by BSHS and will somehow take an IGS win "IGS on the road" as some sort of recovery, although you must give them some credit for that win. A different GT turned up.

I respect the views of the red and black above, but GT have always had the problem that their "words speak louder than their actions". They Trash Talk well , and take a posture of real premiership chances every year , but sadly each year is the same. They deliver not much. Until it comes to the Nudgee games where the inbred hatred of their Blue and White Rugby Brethren borders on Manic.

So can a war weary Nudgee team without RT who have shown poor form by Nudgee standards, turn up to Tennyson, no doubt wrapped in drummer boys , Gorrillas, and Red and black balloons, and silence a gaggle of Terrace boys who actually believe they can BEAT Nudgee with a team Ripped apart by the BSHS backline 2 weeks ago. I love optimism , and I would love to see their little Red and Black dream come true and they pull off a memorable win against Nudgee. ......but I fear my 4:30pm report :) will be late again this week, as I will need to visit the bookie on the way home . I will have my money on the " Unbackable " Nudgee premiership side , albeit with their undefeated title ripped from their grasp at East Brisbane and having to have the trophy cabinet empty for some of the year, as this year they look like they have to share.

GT - how about try things different for this Derby . " Actions First, and speak after"- Forget the Trash Talk - Go in Humble - and then Deliver us a win for the ages!....and show us truely what this GT team can achieve.

I hope the bookie is cashed up!

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
TGS 35 d BBC 29
TSS 26 d BGS 17
GT 20 d IGS 13
NC 45 d BSHS 0
Long range prediction for the premiership title -
A shared premiership between TSS, ACGS and NC who have all had 1 loss each - to each other. Can't see any of them losing another one.
Outright 4th to TGS who lost narrowly to the 3 schools listed above and could have won all 3 with a more reliable kicker. I can see TGS winning all remaining games over BGS, BSHS and GT.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nudgee have lost one official game this season, so I think they should get a clean sweep in all grades in all games on Sat against Terrace also. Terrace will for sure put up a good show in the firsts but I but I think after Nudgee's brief lack of concentration against Churchie after they lost RT they have steadied greatly now, especially with their new flyhalf Condon. They were superb on the weekend against State High and I think building for the hit out on Oxley Creek on Saturday.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
And Norselander, well said again, but on one point, I don't think Nudgee and Terrace is "hate". I would describe it as gentlemanly rivalry. Its a very different day to the Nudgee Churchie day where the Churchie supporters really exude the bad feelings towards their guests. This is the showcase of top notch good manners but tough uncompromising rugby but with a firm handshake regardless of the outcome and where the parents of both schools clink their glasses with one another after the game and celebrate what we built together albeit across multiple campuses, and city and country, from the vast cattle stations to the suburban GP, and across generations of families at both schools. This is family. This is the best of the best. This is rugby.

Last edited:

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
And Norselander, well said again, but on one point, I don't think Nudgee and Terrace is "hate". I would describe it as gentlemanly rivalry. Its a very different day to the Nudgee Churchie day where the Churchie supporters really exude the bad feelings towards their guests. This is the showcase of top notch good manners but tough uncompromising rugby but with a firm handshake regardless of the outcome and where the parents of both schools cling their glasses with one another after the game and celebrate what we built together albeit across multiple campuses, and city and country, from the vast cattle stations to the suburban GP, and across generations of families at both schools. This is family. This is the best of the best. This is rugby.
Rugby Man dropping truth bombs again, spot on. And norselander for the record the NC rugby team that you said looked weary and tired, and who would struggle against BGS and would be unimpressive against BSHS are doing an OK job. If only RT hadn't got injured that day carrying 3 men on his back at that school over the river. The 24-12 lead would have blown out big time to the blue and white, everyone knows that. Now bring on GT for the slaying.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
ACGS v BBC - a light run for Churchie at home this weekend. 20 points or so should keep the old boys happy whilst they lament their recent wonderful victory against Nudgee.

GT v NC - Nudgee to win in a forwards game.

BGS v TGS - Brisbane are really a very good team and showed their worth against TSS last weekend to almost steal the victory. A tough one but I think the country boys might just have enough to get up.

TSS v BSHS - A big win at the Fish Bowl for TSS.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Burgership: I think Nudgee have really stepped up here. The pavilion on Ross serves the burger straight off the grill and is fresh. The Churchie burger was very nicely packaged but was very tough at lukewarm and crusty bread from sitting in a holding area. There is a a lot of pressure for the Terrace grill this weekend but I am expecting a fine burger from the Terrace Mums. No intel on the other burgers sorry.

Rugby Man dropping truth bombs again, spot on. And norselander for the record the NC rugby team that you said looked weary and tired, and who would struggle against BGS and would be unimpressive against BSHS are doing an OK job. If only RT hadn't got injured that day carrying 3 men on his back at that school over the river. The 24-12 lead would have blown out big time to the blue and white, everyone knows that. Now bring on GT for the slaying.
Oh DC you do so make me laugh. I love the opportunity of reviewing this game , so lets go over it again............

The Nudgee team got beaten by Churchie, as soon as the coin was tossed. It was a carefully constructed plan. Call it an "Ambush"

Be it that Nudgee lost the toss or won it and chose to run with the wind in the first half , anyone with a half a rugby brain knew that RT'S trys and a 24-12 was simply not enough at the change of ends , with or without RT. That breeze was a likely 20 point breeze and freshening and the Churchie Strategists knew it.

Over Confidence played its part . Nudgee thought from weeks before they were a far superior team and it would be an easy win- wrong call!

From an outsider watching on, Churchie game plan worked a treat. They knew they had a very good team ( Every bit equal to Nudgee) and then simply out smarted the opposition.

RT v Mother nature - He is good but not that good. ( Shame he got Injured but wouldn't have helped)

A great example of Rugby Brains overcoming Rugby Braun. Simply outplayed , but we don't really need to state the obvious.