• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

ronald edwards

Frank Row (1)
Yes I saw the u18s Aussie team and only a couple of Qlders are in there. It's literally a scandal how this bias holds back Australian rugby from progressing. It's essentially the NSW team with some support from the other states. Always has been. Shocking that it continues until today. Yes the McLean v Ella period was farcical with Qld putting on 50 points over NSW at the time and Mclean dominating Ella, but the NSW/ARU/Randwick mafia still even then couldn't help themselves. It's a continuing disgrace to Australian sport.
Was the number 13 from Nudgee in the Australian u18s team?

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Yes I saw the u18s Aussie team and only a couple of Qlders are in there. It's literally a scandal how this bias holds back Australian rugby from progressing. It's essentially the NSW team with some support from the other states. Always has been. Shocking that it continues until today. Yes the McLean v Ella period was farcical with Qld putting on 50 points over NSW at the time and Mclean dominating Ella, but the NSW/ARU/Randwick mafia still even then couldn't help themselves. It's a continuing disgrace to Australian sport.

I would say it has more to do with the fact that waratahs are killing every age group atm.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
I would say it has more to do with the fact that waratahs are killing every age group atm.
They don't "Kill it" in Super rugby but they continually have more players selected for the Wallabies than the Reds. As Rugby Man says the bias has been going on for decades.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Stan Wickham (3)
My prediction is both the Reds U16's and U19's will both play their Waratah counterparts in the Grand-final of the 2022 #NationalRugbyChampionships on the 13th November (most likely it will be in Sydney) with both Reds teams winning the respective GF's and getting revenge on the Waratahs after beating both Reds teams in the U16's convincingly and the U19's in a great comeback in Round 1 a few weeks ago at Sunnybank. The Reds teams will be primed for the GF's, especially the U16's as they only had 2 weeks prep prior to the game vs compared to the Waratahs U16's who had almost 2 months prep and it showed in the Round 1 results!!! You heard it right here but happy to be given a gobful if my prediction is wrong lol ... thats how confident I am about the Reds teams improving .... lets wait and see as the Reds teams should knock off the Brumbies this weekend in Canberra, followed by the Force in Perth and the Rebels at home. The top 2 teams play off in the GF and NSW look to have both age groups locked in!!!

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Stan Wickham (3)
What are the predictions for the 2023 season? A few teams with a lot of players returning.
Based on the 2022 1st XV results, I predict Churchie or Nudgee will win the 2023 1st XV Premiership based on the 1st XV players returning from 2022 and the U16 talent across both schools currently playing in the Reds U16's squads. Churchie will have a pretty solid squad and barring any injuries, will go close to winning back-to-back premierships. Of course Nudgee will be strong as well - they always are but my early mail says Churchie will be the team to beat after breaking the premiership drought in 2022. Thoughts???

Rugby_Lover10

Bob McCowan (2)
Based on the 2022 1st XV results, I predict Churchie or Nudgee will win the 2023 1st XV Premiership based on the 1st XV players returning from 2022 and the U16 talent across both schools currently playing in the Reds U16's squads. Churchie will have a pretty solid squad and barring any injuries, will go close to winning back-to-back premierships. Of course Nudgee will be strong as well - they always are but my early mail says Churchie will be the team to beat after breaking the premiership drought in 2022. Thoughts???
Yes. There are four schools I can see making a run for the prem. The three reigning premiers Churchie, TSS, Nudgee and I can see GT being a bit of a dark horse with a lot of returning players and the return of PJ Su'a.

Footy Frederick

Frank Row (1)
What are the predictions for the 2023 season? A few teams with a lot of players returning.
Gee whiz am I keen!!!!!!!

It was a very controversial season with some enjoyable upsets and close losses, but also disappointing performances from some highly-rated players. Yet I was still able to recommend several players for the NCAA program.

Watching the Red's games, they're are some glimpses of who will be the 2023s mvp.

After watching Robinson (GT) for the Reds, I can't imagine having to line up against a forward pack including him, PJ Su'a and Aveua. Hopefully, their backs pull their weight which they failed to do this year with loss after loss.

Statehigh is losing several players so it seems their ranks will drop down.

Nudgee and Churchie will remain strong as nails and tough to beat.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
After watching Robinson (GT) for the Reds, I can't imagine having to line up against a forward pack including him, PJ Su'a and Aveua. Hopefully, their backs pull their weight which they failed to do this year with loss after loss.

GT have 9 players back who played at least 3 games + Sua, were undefeated in the 2nds with over half of that team back, a solid 16A's and 3 players in the Qld U15 side - time for GT to put up next year - a definate top 3 side on paper with real depth accross the board for the first time in years.

BRYDNLM_0184

Frank Nicholson (4)
My prediction is both the Reds U16's and U19's will both play their Waratah counterparts in the Grand-final of the 2022 #NationalRugbyChampionships on the 13th November (most likely it will be in Sydney) with both Reds teams winning the respective GF's and getting revenge on the Waratahs after beating both Reds teams in the U16's convincingly and the U19's in a great comeback in Round 1 a few weeks ago at Sunnybank. The Reds teams will be primed for the GF's, especially the U16's as they only had 2 weeks prep prior to the game vs compared to the Waratahs U16's who had almost 2 months prep and it showed in the Round 1 results!!! You heard it right here but happy to be given a gobful if my prediction is wrong lol ... thats how confident I am about the Reds teams improving .... lets wait and see as the Reds teams should knock off the Brumbies this weekend in Canberra, followed by the Force in Perth and the Rebels at home. The top 2 teams play off in the GF and NSW look to have both age groups locked in!!!
Reds just lost to the force in 16s mate

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Stan Wickham (3)
Reds just lost to the force in 16s mate
Yes, I did watch that yesterday and the Force deserved there win with the Reds receiving a bonus point by losing by less than 7. However, the Reds U16’s are still favoured to finish in 2nd place as they play the winless Rebels this weekend with the Force playing the rampaging Tahs. As long as the Reds win comfortably (by 30 - 40 points) with a bonus point and the Tahs comfortably beat the Force and denying the Force a bonus point, then the Reds sneak into 2nd place with a shot in the final against the Tahs. However, the way the Reds performed yesterday, the Rebels have nothing to lose but well done to the Force yesterday who played the conditions much better than the Reds did.