• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have posted a tipping comp on the Competitions page for anyone that is keen to get involved.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Reds and Academy have released a decent number of players for Round 1 this weekend:

Easts - Quirk, Bermingham, Faulkner, Stohlberg, Toua
Sunnybank - Leroy, Schatz, Matt Lucas, Tapaui
Uni - Buchanan, Davis, McDuling, Simon Morahan
Gold Coast - Kimmince, Butler
GPS - Coridas, Frisby
Brothers - Felsman

Good to see the support of the Premier competition. Will certainly lift the quality of some games.

I think Sunny Coast v Easts is the pick of the round.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
I will be surprised if Tapaui plays as he injured his AC joint in the Bank's trial against Uni before Easter.

Woopsie

Peter Burge (5)
Am excited for tomorrow! Will wander down into Ashgrove.
Coridas- ex Eastwood boy now at Reds and Jeeps
Frisby - 2010 Colt of Year and Reds Academy
Kuridrani - back from the Broncos

Jeeps have some exciting young talent this year with Josh Logan who spent some tome with Reds Academy playing 7's and two boppers
from SA.

Very much looking forward to a beer in the Glue Factory

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Managed to catch the last 5mins of Sunnybank v Wests. Sunnybank won 15-12 or 15-10 as Wests scored in the last play of the game and I didn't see if the Wests kicker made the conversion. Conditions look terrible.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
As I mentioned on the tipping page, an interesting weekend of rugby. Very surprised to see Wests get that close, and hopefully it is a pointer that they will be a competitive side this year. Also surprised to see Souths getting that close to Uni. Admittedly Uni were without a multitude of rep players, but Souths were missing a few as well.

I went to the Easts - Sunny Coast match. Plenty of points scored, 50 -26 at the end I think. Shane Drahm was at 10. for Suncoast, and whilst he obviosly has some great skills, he overdid the cutout pass, which led to a couple of intercepts. Easts look like the team they have been for the last couple of years, very honest forward pack, great 10, and some good finishing on the outside.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Wingers for Easts were a young bloke, Mansell I think, very athletic and strong, but quite raw, ad Johnny Wilder, underrarted and elusive runner. Rounding out the back three was Aidan Toua who set up a try and scored a couple as well.

There was a young winger for Suny coast who also caught the eye.

F

feedhimbra

Brothers got up over souths in every game im pretty sure including prem grade and prem colts winning by 20-30

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Round 2 Strategic Airlines Queensland Premier Rugby
Sunnybank 66 d North Brisbane 5
GPS 24 d University of Queensland 20
Brothers 26 d Souths 10
Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 41 d Wests 29
Easts 37 d Rugby Gold Coast 10

Status
Not open for further replies.