• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
You are leading by 1 from a group of us. I have been posting the results on the Competition section where I post the tipping sheets.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If Tigers can keep a fully fit side, they will be top 3 end of the year. The amount of injuries last year deflated them. That back 3 of Mansell/Faulkner, Wilder and Toua is electric. Im starting to wonder how far off Aiden Toua is for a reds spot.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The U20 JWC might cause them some issues with Faulkner and Quirk going and it might lead to Toua being needed by the Reds.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Concerning the Tigers - The backs are flying and getting lots of ball and room to run because the forwards are giving them the ball, the room and the opportunities. They are a solid looking team. Good scrums, good lineouts, good clean outs and the backs are brilliantly making good use of their opportunities.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I've been impressed with Brothers start this year. Massive win first up and then a decent win over Souths, who are no slouches. Anyone know much about the team and any new faces to keep an eye on?

T

TheTruth

If Tigers can keep a fully fit side, they will be top 3 end of the year. The amount of injuries last year deflated them. That back 3 of Mansell/Faulkner, Wilder and Toua is electric. Im starting to wonder how far off Aiden Toua is for a reds spot.

not far Tiger not far

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
One rugby source I highly respect as made the call he expects Easts to go undefeated this year.

I wouldn't be complaining :-D
If we stay injury free we have a chance, losing Chara (hooker), both our props and our openside (whose name escapes me right now) will be the test of the teams depth.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
One rugby source I highly respect as made the call he expects Easts to go undefeated this year.

Very cunning Reg.

How long do you expect GPS to fly under the radar?

Can you give us an update on how the Smith twins are going after the weekend. I know Paarl will be intersted to know.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Easts got up 40-5 over Wests with Aidan Toua getting a hattrick. Scoreline not kind to Wests as they actually played decently.

Anyone know other results?

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
All the results.

Home Team v Away Team Location
Easts 40 v Wests 5 Easts / Bottomley 4
GPS 12 v Brothers 46 GPS / Yoku Road
Rugby Gold Coast 13 v University of Queensland 56 Rugby Gold Coast / Surfers Paradise RC, Albert Park
Souths 17 v Sunnybank 23 Souths / Chipsy Wood Oval
Sunshine Coast Rugby Union 27 v Norths 32 Sunshine Coast Rugby Union / Stockland Park

I got down to Bottomley this arvo, it was a good game. Toua looked really good.

S

saulih

A month ago the Sun Coast Daily had this article: Kefu inspired by the Crusaders that had Kefu talking up a different style of play that the Stingrays are trying to develop. In short, wanting more "running rugby".

Anyone noticed a difference good or bad...

Just curious.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
A month ago the Sun Coast Daily had this article: Kefu inspired by the Crusaders that had Kefu talking up a different style of play that the Stingrays are trying to develop. In short, wanting more "running rugby".

Anyone noticed a difference good or bad...

Just curious.
Watched them against Easts and they certainly threw it around. The points that they have scored this season indicate that they are running the ball and their young winger is close to to the top of tryscorers this season so far. I thought Drahm overdid the long cutout ball in the Easts game and it did lead to intercept tries.

S

saulih

Thanks for the reply... frustrating not being able to watch any games... I appreciate any comments.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Had a chat to Tim Sampson on Saturday night and he was very impressed with how the squad was developing for the season. Told me they had things in place for when the U20's go away. I hope to catch one of their games soon.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
How are any or all of the following playing in the comp to date:

- David McDuling
- PAE
- Ruan Smith

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.