• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012 Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tips are up. Match of the round has to be the festival of hate at Crosby. Both teams coming off the back of good wins last weekend and holding down 1 and 2 on the table.​

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure why I can't get on to the tips in the usual way so may I post here please. I don't mind who sees them
Wins for
UNI - Go on give it to the SCUM - L Shaped
GPS
Easts
Souths
Bank
Ranger

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not even I sore that one coming. I seem to be the only one not surprised that Brothers keep winning, There team has remained relatively unchanged for a number of years, whilst everyone seems to be distracted by the recruiting of GPS, Uni and Easts.

20 year olds don't win you games week in week out, its the experienced Mid 20 yos with 4 years of Prem grade experience that do.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Whilst I (along with every non-Brothers supporter) hate the Filth, most of us certainly respect them. And you are 100% right, they have kept the same team together for years, and results are showing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am officially the worst tipster. The only people below me have missed their tips at some stage.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Jets its a long season. Plenty of chances to catch up although I'm surprised how far the leaders have scooted out in front. I don't get to see that many Premier games unless I am appointed in some capacity so its hard to judge form.
Maybe next year we can incorporate a points start into proceedings to bring every game closer to a coin toss. Gold Coast versus Uni tests no one's tipping ability. But Gold Coast with 25 start - well ...

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jets, my alzheimers is kicking in as I completely forgot last week, Refabit you are too kind to the Gold Coast, I think Uni will put at least 40 on them!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have been to loyal to the 2 clubs I played and coached at. No loyalty in tipping comps is the rule that you win these comps by.

I think the comp a few years ago had a margin. Maybe I'll start that next round.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Only 3 of us tipped Sunnybank to get up over the Filth last week and 1 smarty pants managed to pick Norths over Wests.
4/5 was the best of the week with most getting 3

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Now that I've been ruled out for the season, its time to dedicate all my energy to this tipping comp. Even though I have it already wrapped up.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I know it is wrong to tip against your supported side, but looking at Easts team list, where it is practically second grade, against GPS, I just can't see it happening.

Wests to upset Souths aswell for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.