• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Good to see the article in the Courier Mail today with all the captains.
Interesting Matt Brandon announced Easts captain, Bertini not coming back?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Good to see the article in the Courier Mail today with all the captains.
Interesting Matt Brandon announced Easts captain, Bertini not coming back?

He's on cruches. So probes out for season.

Easts team (likely)

1.unknown
2. Fell
3. Bermingham
4. Stolberg
5. Enever
6. Riley
7. Parry
8. Butler
9. Fuller
10. Brandon
11. Wilder
12. Skelton
13. White
14. Keiran
15. Sam cox

Omissions: sean cox (broken hand),uj (reds 23rd man)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
When did Josh Parry get back? Also is Jordie Tupou back from 7's because he is definatly our best openside. Quirky might play if the Reds don't select him.

Shame that Sean Cox is injured, he had been tearing up pre-season. Although from what I've heard Sam Cox hasn't been playing that great (or good enough to warrant Premier selection). I'd prefer to have Krelle at fullback or alternatively Wilder with Mansell (is he available?) on the wing.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
no surprises here really.. the Breakers have been run poorly the last 4 or 5 years.. im not sure whether thats becasue they lost significant sponsorship around the inception of the Titans and more recently the Suns..or whether it is a leadership issue.

Does anyone know where this has gone? We have lost many players and this is probably the final straw

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Former Australian schoolboy Waita Setu is returning from a few years in league and will come off the bench for Sunnybank in 1st grade on the weekend. He is the younger brother of Bronco's player Lagi.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Does anyone know where this has gone? We have lost many players and this is probably the final straw
While Rugby Gold Coast are struggling it is my understanding that most, if not all, of the clubs on the coast are in a pretty good position. Rugby Gold Coast has a couple of guys on the Qld Government Sport and Rec Jobs Plan program and they are doing a great job from all reports.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Radike and Saia both trained all night with GPS Prems and looked to be running around with the starting pack, looks like they will be playing tomorrow.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Former Australian schoolboy Waita Setu is returning from a few years in league and will come off the bench for Sunnybank in 1st grade on the weekend. He is the younger brother of Bronco's player Lagi.
I played against Waita during my school days, very underrated, good to see him coming back to union, was always a really agressive ball runner.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Souths Magpies team to play Sunnybank
Howard Siltloto Anthony Ongolea Sam Denny (C) Josh Eden-Whaitiri Matt Bennett Rangi Otene James Fleming Fa’aleo Kefu Ben O’Connor Somi Pulu Andy Muirhead James Toole Tom Armstrong Dom Lespierre Stephen Mewing Barry Williams Thomas Linde

Only recognise two or three names there from last season. Interesting to note another Kefu at 8, hope he goes half as good as his distinguished 8 man brother!

Also this game is Souths annual ladies day, hope they can raise some much needed funds!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Fa'aleo Kefu must be getting on a bit. I played against him 10 years ago and he was playing 3rd grade last year. Had a lot of talent when he was younger and will be dangerous if he is fit.

Also interesting to see a couple of former Sunnybank players running around for Souths in Somi Pulu and Tom Linde.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Ah thanks for that Jets, I thought (hoped) he may have been a much younger brother. Still, it's good to see the Kefu name still on the playing field.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Souths v. Sunnybank and Wests v. Uni have been cancelled due to the weather according to the Reds website. Hopefully other games will go on.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS v Norths is still on at this stage. All games between the club are cancelled apart from Prem Grade and Prem Colts who will be playing on Field 2 and not the newly refurbished Field 1.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Of course the games should go on.
I love watching rugby in the rain, especially at club level, as I used to love playing it in the rain.
I don't know why they call off games now days. If it was cricket, I'd understand (I think).

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Easts v Brothers still on at this point.

Everyone with a game called off come down there?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
The result didn't go the way I wanted but in horrible conditions, it was a pretty entertaining season opener down at Bottomley Park. The main game was preceded by the official opening of the new "David Wilson Field", in honour of Easts most decorated player. Wilson (what a great player he was) was there and the whole thing was a nice touch.

As to the game, Easts sprinted out of the blocks and established an early lead and looked as though they might blow Brothers away.Easts had most of the ball in the first 20 minutes and through some pretty slick work from Johnny Wilder, posted the first try through new winger Kieran Ross. To Brothers credit they hung in there and after some nice individual work from the right winger Dylan 'two dads'' for a try and a another try from some good lead up work by one of the Murphy's, Brothers had a slim lead going into halftime.

Easts came out firing after the break but good defence from Brothers kept them at bay. Brothers had the rub of the second half and scored the match winning try which might have come from a knock on. Easts had the chance to draw the game in the final minute with a penalty awarded from neary in front but went for the win instead of the kick and didn't quite pull it off.

Final score, 20 - 17 to the Filth, and well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.