• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I doubt it. They had last week off and are back training this week before a game against the Canes next Friday night. Then they have 2 weeks before Super Rugby is back. The time will be spent doing rehab stuff in the main I would think then they have maybe 6 more weeks of rugby before the season is over.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm perplexed why Quade Cooper isnt back playing Club Rugby this weekend.

Supposedly he & wallabies agreed he was not ready for test match footy.

You'd think that someone with no niggles & 6 months of freshness from sitting on the sideline would be beneficial to get some games under his belt?

I think the reason he is not suiting up for Souths & getting more match fitness might mean there has been complications with his knee (obviously i am only speculating, might be as simple as Link doesnt want him risking his knee in a match for the magpies)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think they might be thinking a hit out against the Canes is better for him.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think they might be thinking a hit out against the Canes is better for him.

Yes agreed.

But a club match followed by a super rugby trial match the following weekend wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary for him (usual week to week rugby schedule).

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I agree it would be great to see Quade run around for the Magpies this weekend.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Didn't get to any games but heard that Sunnybank handed Brothers their first loss of the season. How inconsistent are they? Last week they got towelled up by Wests and this week they knock over the previously undefeated comp front runner?

Anyone got other results?

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Well Uni proved to be too strong for a gallant Breakers side who went to oranges only 14-8 down and rueing the fact the usually reliable Vitori Buatava missed a conversion and penalty attempts from handy positions. What a second half by the Heavies that showed why they are one of the teams to beat! A 31-7 points accumulation in the favour effectively sealed the Breakers fate. Not the result they would have wanted in front of a packed crowd at one of their local clubs but they showed glimpses of what they can produce particularly in the first 40. Great to see Nathan Eyres Brown return to some of the form that earned him a call up to the Reds. Brown's opposite Teti Tela was impressive for Uni as was Elliot Hagen formerly of the Stingrays. Uni forward pack monstered the much smaller Breakers pack at times but there was some great contributions from loose forwards Nick Turner and Steve Finegan. Final score 45 - 15. Around the grounds, the Tigers too good for Souths 36-26, Norths upset the Bulldogs 36-27, no final score from Stocklands but word is GPS accounted for the home team and sounds like the Filthy may have suffered their first loss of the season, going down to the Dragons in a grand final rematch 34-17. No favours for the Brekers there with their final two games of the round against Brothers and then the 'Bank, ohhhhhh boy more pain and misery ahead me thins!

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Easts beat Souths by 8 points. Easts had a good lead so they rested some of thier key backs which allowed Souths back into the game. Easts forwards set a good platform for their backs to utilise set play, ball stuck in hands and they played well, particularly in the first half. 36-28 I think the final score was

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Ed Quirk was an animal against Souths. Was agressive in Every aspect of his game, massive tackles, good line out jumping, dynamic ball running and overall great leadership. Not to mention the great "fuck off" palm he delivered to score his try.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how clubs go with player out or backing up due to the Reds game on Friday night. For example Brothers will have almost their entire backline running around up the coast.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hasn't been named in the team and I doubt the Reds would let him play if he gets on the field Friday night.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Hooray my Breakers might be a chance on Saturday with the majority of that classy backline playing for the Reds. Is it a typo that Lachlan Creighton is starting on the opposite wing from Damon Murphy, thought Shane Siuli from Sunnybank was getting a crack or was that a misguided rumour? No Jarrad Butler for the Friday night game or Jay Havelu?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hooray my Breakers might be a chance on Saturday with the majority of that classy backline playing for the Reds. Is it a typo that Lachlan Creighton is starting on the opposite wing from Damon Murphy, thought Shane Siuli from Sunnybank was getting a crack or was that a misguided rumour? No Jarrad Butler for the Friday night game or Jay Havelu?

I think Jarrad Butler is Injured. He didn't play last week. He is Easts best forward this year. I also think D.Skelton might be out this week to. Easts form back.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
I think Jarrad Butler is Injured. He didn't play last week. He is Easts best forward this year. I also think D.Skelton might be out this week to. Easts form back.
Thanks ECA for the heads up on JB - a shame for him, still think he is Reds material even when playing for the underperforming Breakers. Agreed that Davey Skelton has been in form, he and White are a pretty formidable midfield.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Shane has a hamstring injury that has ruled him out of the game tonight. It's a real blow for him because he has the potential to be a Super level player.

Status
Not open for further replies.