• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
The feet positioning of the 2nd brothers player are practically identical to Freney.(I'm sure the 2nd man is helping with the tip in someway)

Now I am not trying to split an atom or anything here, but surely if there is guilt on the 2nd man then he deserves to be punished.

If 2 blokes in belaclavas walk into a bank holding weapons... Do we only arrest the man who says "Everybody freeze?"

Just trying to ponder something here in this Freney case where we have an escape goat on a infringement commited by a duo where we have 1 single stilled image having not even seen the tackle in motion.

If video evidence/referees game account can't single out the 2nd man in the tackle & punish the 2nd man accordingly then surely Freney only gets half the suspension for half the crime he committed.

BTW if it is a multipe game suspension.. Does that roll over into preseason for Brothers next year or would the 2nd game of his suspension be served on 1st game of regular season rugby in 2013?

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
It is really irrelevant if the Brothers guy plays or not next week. The "Minor" Premiers will only be taking the "Minor" award home this year. Whilst they are shuffling out the back door next weekend, Sunnybank will be gearing up to beat the so called students of the University. Bring on the Grand Final. Go the Bank!

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I can't see anyone else winning this comp other then Uni. Too many wallaby standard players ignored by Deans. Hanson, Harris and Morahan. All pretty key position (similar to the Storms "spine"). Plus the fullback doesn't seem to miss.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Probably demonstrating my ignorance in this area, but how do the finals system work in premier grade?

I went out to Ballymore last sunday, watched the sunnybank v GPS game (that was a great game!!), then watched the first 20 minutes of the Brothers/Uni game before leaving. I couldn't bear to stay and watch after the first 4 or 5 trys..

Someone at school told me that Sunnybank would now play Brothers and that they would get a 'second shot'..

Could someone just take 5 minutes and explain to me how these finals work? it seems more complicated than i originally thought..

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Because I assumed it would be a Sunnybank v University Final at 3:00pm at Ballymore this sunday. apparently not.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The Major Semi Final is between 1st and 2nd on the latter. Winner goes straight through to the Grand Final, Loser plays in the Preliminary Final against the winner of the Minor Semi final, 3rd and 4th on the ladder.
The Winner of the Preliminary Final plays the Winner of the Major Semi in the Grand Final.

EG
Major Semi
Brothers V Uni

Minor Semi
Sunnybank V GPS

Prelimnary Final
Brothers V Sunnybank

Grand Final
Uni v Sunnybank

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I can't see anyone else winning this comp other then Uni. Too many wallaby standard players ignored by Deans. Hanson, Harris and Morahan. All pretty key position (similar to the Storms "spine"). Plus the fullback doesn't seem to miss.

Harris has only played a few games this year- although he doesnt get a run he has been Deans' preferred emergency player. So you're right in that he's been overlooked by Deans, but that doesn't translate to club availability.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Major Semi Final is between 1st and 2nd on the latter. Winner goes straight through to the Grand Final, Loser plays in the Preliminary Final against the winner of the Minor Semi final, 3rd and 4th on the ladder.
The Winner of the Preliminary Final plays the Winner of the Major Semi in the Grand Final.

EG
Major Semi
Brothers V Uni

Minor Semi
Sunnybank V GPS

Prelimnary Final
Brothers V Sunnybank

Grand Final
Uni v Sunnybank

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
Am I the only one backing Brothers this week?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Because I assumed it would be a Sunnybank v University Final at 3:00pm at Ballymore this sunday. apparently not.

First week:

1 v 2 (winner straight through to GF)
3 v 4 (elimination)

2nd week
Loser of first game v winner of 2nd game (winner straight through to GF)

3rd week.
GF.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
It takes a real good coach and a lot of heart to come back from that type of demolition

14 vs 15 for 79 minutes of the match.

Not a even playing field.

Everyone talked up how good University looked in the major semi final win.. I think it was more to do with Brothers lack of a key weapon at the breakdown (Freney) then it was to do with Uni chemistry.

Go ahead everyone.. Write Brothers off. (I kind of am)

This will be the first time we see the Brothers XV with their back to the wall & if they can beat Sunnybank then they will go onto beat Uni.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
With Rob Simmons not required by the Wallabies he would have to be a chance of playing for the bank this weekend.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
regardless of a 14 or 15 man they have now lost at least 3 key players in the murphys and freney.....granted Beauchamp is back but i wonder if he is enough and hasnt played that much recently........I just cant see the brothers forwards goign toe to toe with the bank for long. If i was sunny bank i would drag this game into a slobberknocker upfront and go for overpowering the bretheren, and when the momentum was won swing it to the midfield for the tapuai brothers to do their thing..........

On other hand if i was brothers i would be trying to combat sunnybanks style of shooting outside in defence by constantly trying to turn it on the inside to people like coady, price and even Taikato-Simpson. Also i woudl risk the stabbing grubber or cross field kick to the corner behind the winger openside sunnybank winger. As sunnybank defence opens a large gap here and i woudl rather keep the kicks away from kingi and make him compete in the air. The chips are down and dice need to be rolled and if it is timed well and kicks are on it will put the pressure on kingi who i think from watchign his super games is not a pressure player.

......maybe i should coach

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

EG
Major Semi
Brothers V Uni

Minor Semi
Sunnybank V GPS

Prelimnary Final
Brothers V Sunnybank

Grand Final
Uni v Sunnybank

So when are the dates for these games? If brothers beat Sunnybank, they will play University in the grand final, but on what date?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Oh I forgot to say this, but Brothers only beat Uni in one area in the First half from my eyes-the scrum. When the heavies parked their arse on the 5m line, they tried a push over against a 7 man Filth scrum and lost the feed to an almighty scrum. I was more shocked then anything. I didn’t see the second-half though. The Anae vs. Coady will be a good battle. Brothers have a better scrum since 2 tonne machine Kirwan Sanday joined the fray. I hope I haven’t spoken to early, we all remember the 2 push-over tries last year. Gill will be sorely missed, however the Bank have to depth with several annoying, pilfering break-aways. I imagine Freney got a 128 week suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.