• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I don't neccesarily agree with that statement about the reserves. This weekend on the bench GPS have Matt Blain, Alex Soutar, Pama Fou and Pat Smith. All of those guys would have started more than half the season in the run on side for Premier Grade and are very good players. Yes, Sunnybank have good depth as well by getting a few Super Rugby players back in the lineup recently but there isn't a huge difference in the benches. I think Sunnybank would be more keen to get on top with their starting team rather than hope a strong bench determines the outcome of the match because in my humble (and slightly biased) opinion the GPS bench will have plenty to offer.
Looks like you were right about this on the weekend. GPS bench made a huge impact especially the colts that came on at 9 and in the centres

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
14 vs 15 for 79 minutes of the match.

Not a even playing field.

Everyone talked up how good University looked in the major semi final win.. I think it was more to do with Brothers lack of a key weapon at the breakdown (Freney) then it was to do with Uni chemistry.

Go ahead everyone.. Write Brothers off. (I kind of am)

This will be the first time we see the Brothers XV with their back to the wall & if they can beat Sunnybank then they will go onto beat Uni.
If you are down to 14 men for the game surely you get run over at the end of the halfs. Uni had 4 tries 1/4 of the way through the match and 6 in the first half.
I think the biggest thing for Brothers was Murph was not fully fit and Codey, Dallan and Beach (good replacement in Postal) where all out.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank Team for the weekend as per their facebook page

1. Albert Anae
2. Maile Ngauamo
3. Paul Alo Emile
4. James Kriukelis
5. Rob Simmons
6. Nigel Ah Wong
7. George Blomfield
8. Greg Melton
9. Matt Lucas
10. Dion Taumata
11. Shane Seuili
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Rex Tapuai
14. Danny Routledge
15. Richard Kingi

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Does anybody know if Dallan and the rest of the Brother's 'stars' (including freney) are back for this sunday?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Freney will miss this week as they didn't fight his red card and the comp rules state that anyone who receives a red card has to miss the following week.

TD, Josh will start off the bench this week.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Freney will miss this week as they didn't fight his red card and the comp rules state that anyone who receives a red card has to miss the following week.

TD, Josh will start off the bench this week.

Did you read the CM today Jets.

it said Brothers are delaying the challenge of Freneys tackle & he is free to play this week with an appearance at the judicary scheduled for next week.

Least thats the way i remember reading the article in sports section... Hadnt had my caffeine fix yet so i better check.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Line ups up on the website.......can't see the brothers forward pack (less beauchamp, frenzy and coady) mixing it with the bank on the Other hand Damon is back but I still can't see it being enough

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Damon started last week and it didn't help them. I think that Sunnybank better turn up otherwise they may be suckered in by all this talk about them already being in the GF.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If Sunnybank cannot win this heads should roll. That team is so strong across the park and Brothers are missing key players. I wouldn't normally count out Brothers, but sheesh they are up against it.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I think Brothers will play like a team with nothing to lose and the bank better be on top of their game or they'll get rolled in an upset.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Brothers lack a general in that back line. They haven't had the same sense of clockwork and pressure cooking since Dallan left. Damon is good but in my eyes he doesn't control the tempo or call the shots like his brother, but given inch on the kick return or if the bank don't watch him closely he has the potential to rip teams apart.

Without Cody they are down on a workhorse but the real problem in the brethren pack is a real genuine ball runner.....if they had jarred buttler (easts) or Matt arvier like player it would offer a world of difference

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Don't know if this belongs in this thread but I just saw a terrific 3rd grade preliminary final between Uni and Souths at Ballymore. Souths were up 18-12 with a minute to go but Uni scored a try under the posts to win 19-18. Uni played very well but will need to be on their game to challenge a rampaging Sunnybank outfit next week.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I would feel sorry for a team that lead the comp all year but had 100 point put on them in the finals but it's the filth so I don't.
My thoughts exactly. I had to stop myself and ask "wait, why am I feeling sorry for them?"
No Dallan Murphy, no chance by the looks of things, they hadn't been at their best since he got injured.

Will definatly be supporting University in the final. For some reason they're one of the few sides I don't completely dislike, must be their style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.