• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Uni may well deserve to start 2012 as favourites then.

I'll have a go at a possible strongest lineup: 1. Davis 2. Hansen 3. Sheperdson 4. Buchanan 5. Preocanin 6. McDuling 7. Wade 8. Favier 9. Thompson 10. Harris 11. Burns 12. Lance.
13. Foley 14.Mcqueen 15. Morahan.

Pretty strong line-up, particularly the forwards.

plenty of those blokes will be in Reds squad each week so unavailable for Prems early - certainly Hansen, probably Shep, Harris, McDuling (he should be) Lance and Morahan

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
After going through the Reds, the Academy, 7's and few other players from other squads, I thought I'd list the players that could be turning out for each club next year. Obviously alot of players wont play at all but I thought it'd be interesting to list them anyway.

Brothers- Murphy, Shipperely, Felsman, Postal ( I think he played there juniors so maybe).

Uni: Davis, Hanson, Shepherdson, McDuling, Buchanan Horwill, Wade, Prior, Lance, Harris, Morahan x2, Davies, Foley

Sunnybank: Anae, Holmes, Alo-Emile, AWH, Simmons, Ah Wong, Gill, Shatz, Lucas x2, Tapuai, Ioane, Kingi

GPS: Smith x2, Samo, Frisby, Fainga'a x2, Hynes

Easts: Bermingham, Stollberg, Enever, Kimmince,Quirk, Buttler, Tupou, Faulkner, Toua

Souths: Robinson, Browning, Feaui-Satuia, Cooper, Humphries, Sitauti

Gold Coast: Slipper, Daley*

Wests: Higginbotham

Norths: Genia

W

What2040

After going through the Reds, the Academy, 7's and few other players from other squads, I thought I'd list the players that could be turning out for each club next year. Obviously alot of players wont play at all but I thought it'd be interesting to list them anyway.

Brothers- Murphy, Shipperely, Felsman, Postal ( I think he played there juniors so maybe).

Uni: Davis, Hanson, Shepherdson, McDuling, Buchanan Horwill, Wade, Prior, Lance, Harris, Morahan x2, Davies, Foley

Sunnybank: Anae, Holmes, Alo-Emile, AWH, Simmons, Ah Wong, Gill, Shatz, Lucas x2, Tapuai, Ioane, Kingi

GPS: Smith x2, Samo, Frisby, Fainga'a x2, Hynes

Easts: Bermingham, Stollberg, Enever, Kimmince,Quirk, Buttler, Tupou, Faulkner, Toua

Souths: Robinson, Browning, Feaui-Satuia, Cooper, Humphries, Sitauti

Gold Coast: Slipper, Daley*

Wests: Higginbotham

Norths: Genia

add to Easts: Cox x 2
add to Gold Coast: Slipper x2

The bottom 3 teams look skinny with players - and Slipper,Daley, Higgers and Genia won't play club probably at all

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
At the start of 2011 I think most punters predicted a Bank v Uni Grand Final, Uni ended up being the surprise no show, and Brothers played well above their weight to get there. Both Sunnybank and Uni look the strongest in 2012 as well, but I can see GPS, Brothers and Easts applying some real pressure. Unfortunately I don't see the other clubs being there, hope I'm wrong.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What do clubs normally charge for entry into a day of premier rugby?

Do they play Saturday or Sunday?

C

CentreThreeQtr

Generally there is N0 charge, entry complies with coming back the next time they play, predominantly Saturdays depending on whether REDS play and clubs agree to continue with Saturday or defer to Sunday.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Ruggo if you look at the draw on the QRU site it tells you the time and location of all the games for the entire year.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks Ruggo - a great opportunity for me to keep learning by working with a professional coach in Phil Mooney.

The whole club is working hard to get Wests back into a competitive position - it has been a big slide since winning the Premier grade competition in 2006 and making the finals again in 2007.

There have been some major improvements off field and with the club now profitable and debt free, we have a platform to improve the rugby side.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Scott,

Congratualutions, Mooney will be a great person to learn the trade from.

What's the 2012 lineup for Wests looking like? I guess Angus Cotrell will be lost for most of the season but I am so impressed with his rise from relative obscurity. Is Tasi back for 2012?

The Wests side I saw playing last year were probably a quality player or two short of really challenging but they did look competitive for a good part of the games I watched.

I wish you, Phil and the team all the best in bringing the glory days back to the kennel.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks - we're well into preparations for the season now. No big name recruitments - a real focus on retention and development of some promising young talent.

Correct, Angus Cottrell will not be here for most of the season but I know from talking to him recently he's going to come back a lot fitter and stronger than when he left so may make some real impact on the club scene. Tasi's still playing for Brive in France so not counting on seeing him.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So most teams must have started or be close to starting pre season training by now. Would be interesting to hear how things are going. I will also try and post some pics of the new gym at Sunnybank in the next few days.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
I will also try and post some pics of the new gym at Sunnybank in the next few days.

I checked out the Sunnybank gym in my days off over Christmas; incredible setup they’ve got there. What surprised me is that they’ve added a short undercover tartan track too so they can do sprints and fitness in all weather.
Absolutely incredible for a suburban rugby club.

Status
Not open for further replies.