• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I actually think Bond & Chreighton from brothers are a chance for a reds gig next year
Yeh I agree with that, especially Bond. Creighton seems pretty good, but several from inside Brothers think he's only made to look good from the players inside him, which makes sense, when you have Murphy X 2, Bond and Gendle feeding you the ball, you better hope you're scoring tries.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeh I agree with that, especially Bond. Creighton seems pretty good, but several from inside Brothers think he's only made to look good from the players inside him, which makes sense, when you have Murphy X 2, Bond and Gendle feeding you the ball, you better hope you're scoring tries.

I am not a fan of that type of theory, because then you can argue things like; gendle is only good because he has bond outside him and dallan inside or bond is only good because he has gendle and dallan inside him.

In my opinion Creighton is the modern day winger, he can finish and play the fringes, capable on the crash, very handy in defence and the breakdown (for a winger).

Washington2012

Frank Row (1)
Just wondering where Mitch Wade is this year ? Heard he has chnaged from alot of clubs. Heard he had gone from Uni, GPS, West and Breakers this season ? And talking about breakers they have let alot of good players leave and cant seem to hold on to any of them, What is the go with that what is going on down there ?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dragons had a good win over GPS. Was a wobbly old kick from Tom Lucas that they took the lead on though. 2 red cards, Tongia (Sunnybank) and Stowers (GPS) for fighting and 2 yellows to GPS during the game.

Nothing pisses me off more than Refs giving Red Cards out for fights in 3rd tier rugby, or any pro rugby. There is nothing wrong with a bit of a fire in a game. As Tigerland 12 could clarify, Easts vs Wests last week, a fight, punches thrown, 2 yellow cards, why do you need to go any further? Just pisses me off to the extreme.

Xavier jenkins

Frank Nicholson (4)
Filth rugby any news on your boy from the judiciary? Assuming he got a few weeks for his tap dancing show late in the 2nd half against Easts?

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Just wondering where Mitch Wade is this year ? Heard he has chnaged from alot of clubs. Heard he had gone from Uni, GPS, West and Breakers this season ? And talking about breakers they have let alot of good players leave and cant seem to hold on to any of them, What is the go with that what is going on down there ?
Mitch Wade playing 1sts with Mitch King at GPS! The Breakers have lost a lot of talent, some say its due to players being told if they are to progress their rugby careers then they need to play with a Brisbane based club. Lately I would put it down to internal rumblings within the playing group with a lot of young guys not happy with some of the older heads and the club culture

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)

Mitch Wade moved from Uni to Wests in the off-season, then between the final trial and the first round, moved to GPS. I would imagine the disruption to the Wests coaching staff at the same point may have had a hand in the decision, but I'm not sure how much.

I don't have enough of the facts about the Gold Coast to comment on the recent numerous upheavals, but with their move to Bond Uni they now have a regular home ground again, and I'd expect they're looking to rebuild a truly Gold Coast team.

My understanding is that the Stingrays on the Sunshine Coast and the Breakers on the Gold Coast are both working really hard to build (or rebuild) relationships with the clubs in their areas so that the Premier Rugby side is made up of the best players from the clubs in their areas; from some conversations I've had with people from both of these clubs this has not always been easy to achieve.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
thierry dusautoir Lachlan Creighton was in the Reds extended squad this year (the unpaid guys) but he's had to scale back because he's just bought a gym - somewhere on the northside I believe. I think that's even hindering his training with Brothers sometimes.

I'd say if he's going to do the Reds thing next year he'd be looking for a full contract to make it worth his while?

Washington2012

Frank Row (1)
Mitch Wade moved from Uni to Wests in the off-season, then between the final trial and the first round, moved to GPS. I would imagine the disruption to the Wests coaching staff at the same point may have had a hand in the decision, but I'm not sure how much.

I don't have enough of the facts about the Gold Coast to comment on the recent numerous upheavals, but with their move to Bond Uni they now have a regular home ground again, and I'd expect they're looking to rebuild a truly Gold Coast team.

My understanding is that the Stingrays on the Sunshine Coast and the Breakers on the Gold Coast are both working really hard to build (or rebuild) relationships with the clubs in their areas so that the Premier Rugby side is made up of the best players from the clubs in their areas; from some conversations I've had with people from both of these clubs this has not always been easy to achieve.

Gold Coast have lost a fair few good players ive heard to Brisbane teams. I followed the comp alot back in 2009 where Breakers where almost unbeatable. If you look at who they have lost over the years Ben Tapuai (Sunnybank), Rex Tapuai to (Sunnybank), Ben Gollings (not that he ould of stayed), Cayden Matehearea (sydney), Nathan Eyres-Brown (Wests), Billy Ngawini (think he is in Italy could be wrong tho) Josh Fuimono (Japan) but theres probably alot more im Missing. It's actually disapointing to see them go down hill so much, Butava who is still there for them is not the player he was back then either. Anyone know why eyres-brown left to wests ? Cause i watched them play the Filth and Uni last year and he was the best player by far. I dunno but Coast better do something quick because there a joke at the moment

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Gold Coast have lost a fair few good players ive heard to Brisbane teams. I followed the comp alot back in 2009 where Breakers where almost unbeatable. If you look at who they have lost over the years Ben Tapuai (Sunnybank), Rex Tapuai to (Sunnybank), Ben Gollings (not that he ould of stayed), Cayden Matehearea (sydney), Nathan Eyres-Brown (Wests), Billy Ngawini (think he is in Italy could be wrong tho) Josh Fuimono (Japan) but theres probably alot more im Missing. It's actually disapointing to see them go down hill so much, Butava who is still there for them is not the player he was back then either. Anyone know why eyres-brown left to wests ? Cause i watched them play the Filth and Uni last year and he was the best player by far. I dunno but Coast better do something quick because there a joke at the moment

Ngawini - best youtube highlights ever.

I can't understand what people see in Eyres-Brown, I didn't think he contributed much at all last week against Easts. I have only seen him play a couple times but I have never seen him do anything of note.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Cat_A what ever happened to george morseau?

He went GPS and played pre-season plus two games, and now he's MIA. (He went to GPS because Elia Tuqiri had him involved with the Newstar Sevens team, I believe).

The thinking is that because GPS had a bunch of wingers when he went over so when the pressures of his study (he's studying social work, I think) and work came on, rugby gave way.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Agree 100% thierry dusautoir but I think 7s is his game more so (no pun intended) than 15s. I think he struggled a little in grades because of his size, and I think his small size is a large part of his agility.

Hopefully the developing 7s circuit continues to grow because he is something special and it'd be great to see players like him (smaller but freakishly quick/agile/game smart) with a pathway into 7s.

Washington2012

Frank Row (1)
Ngawini - best youtube highlights ever.

I can't understand what people see in Eyres-Brown, I didn't think he contributed much at all last week against Easts. I have only seen him play a couple times but I have never seen him do anything of note.

I agree with you in regards to Ngawini highlight reel had a look before and was impressed. And in regards to Eyres-Brown, I thought he played alright last week against East he was the only one that looked dangerous for Wests, In saying that tho if players are going to be tested this season (which rumours are they were) he would be first on my list by the look of him but Easts was a class above Wests last week. I do have big questions marks of the Easts scrum too was not impressed at all. Going back to the conversation before i was not impressed with Greene's attitude either, A young talent should not be acting the way he did.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I agree with you in regards to Ngawini highlight reel had a look before and was impressed. And in regards to Eyres-Brown, I thought he played alright last week against East he was the only one that looked dangerous for Wests, In saying that tho if players are going to be tested this season (which rumours are they were) he would be first on my list by the look of him but Easts was a class above Wests last week. I do have big questions marks of the Easts scrum too was not impressed at all. Going back to the conversation before i was not impressed with Greene's attitude either, A young talent should not be acting the way he did.

Tested?? for Drugs? He's short and fat with a bald patch

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Haha

What a waste of money for drug testing in amateur sports.

Don't get me wrong, There's no place for Performance Enhancing Drugs on the sporting field. But lower down the pyramid you get in terms of Professional to Social Football you're more likely to find recreational drugs in the blood system like Weed, Chemicals & Psychadelics. (What the social footballer chooses to do in his spare time is his business, he's not out there playing to be a role model for the NRL, ARU or AFL)

Obviously there's gonna be a good amount of boys with Creatine, PreWorkouts & Exotic Proteins floating around in the systems for which they bought "Over the Counter" but the sporting bodies such as a ASADA needs to find that correct balance of a guy looking after himself pre & post gym compared to the guy with veins popping out the side of their necks because of too many shots of HGH or Anabolics.

Me personally, I'd only test on players earning a pay packet from their sporting federation.I wouldn't even bother sending an ASADA representative to a sporting club of a code which is deemed amateur, such as QLD Premier Rugby. The likelyhood of finding a guilty party would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Great to see so many young Premier Rugby players in the U20's team to play Ireland tomorow.

Maile Nguamo, Ben Meehan, Henry Taefu (all Sunnybank), Harry Parker & Curtis Browning (c) (both University), Jonah Placid, UJ Seuteni, Pettowa Parraka, Andrew Ready (All Easts)

Status
Not open for further replies.