• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Mate that is a incredibly inaccuarate and biased view of this game - and to say Easts supporters are arrogant thats one of the most hypocritical things i've heard come out of a filth supporter in a very long time. Thats pretty much all Filth supporters are known for.

But anyway heres a more accurate description of the game:

1. Brothers weren't on top the whole game - they scored 2 tries off quick turn over ball against the run of play. They were more or less were just lucky tries that didn't reflect any form of dominance they had on the game at the time.
2. The referees management of the break down was appaling. I couldn't believe the number of times I witnessed brothers illegally slowing down Easts ball while the ref stood there and did nothing.
3. Easts scored a game winning try right at the end that Easts and Brothers fans both witnessed. How that wasn't awarded is beyond me.
4. The number 4 was rucking an Easts players head and the red card was well and truly warranted. That kind of stuff is ridiculous and shouldn't ever be seen at the top level. Hopefully the judiciary deals with him appropriately

If I was an Easts player I would feel well and truly robbed. The scoreboard was not an accurate reflection of the better team. I guarantee that when these 2 meet each other in the finals we will get a different result to that.

But Brothers may as well cherish that win because they won't be seeing to many of them next year without Dallan.

When did Easts score a try that wasn't awarded? Great defence held easts out in the end, even with 14 men. I have to disagree with you there; I mean I honestly think the better team won in the end. Easts did the most basic mistakes of just dropping easy ball, I still think they're a good side. I wouldn't say Brothers were great, it was a pretty shit game to tell you the truth.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
When did Easts score a try that wasn't awarded? Great defence held easts out in the end, even with 14 men. I have to disagree with you there; I mean I honestly think the better team won in the end. Easts did the most basic mistakes of just dropping easy ball, I still think they're a good side. I wouldn't say Brothers were great, it was a pretty shit game to tell you the truth.
Agree 100% with this statement. Brothers were better, match was crap, result was fair.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Big match this week for the Bulldogs.

The Tigers remain WESTS longest victory draught (last time I remember a win chalked up against the Tigers was when we knocked them off in the first game of 2008 when Easts were defending champion)

Interested to see how Sam Greene measures upto Matt Brandon (the franchise flyhalf of this competition... sorry Dallan) Sam Greene is a equally impressive goalkicker to Matt Brandon & my brain says the QRU is going to send a referee out to Bottomley Park hellbent on having a penalty shootout to showcase these 2 great talents. But my heart wants a tryfest where both these no.10's are putting these backs into nice space for tries (leave the kicking tees on the sideline, just dropkick the conversions & give the Rugby public a Ooohhing & Aaahhing 5 pointer marathon)

Xavier jenkins

Frank Nicholson (4)
Big match this week for the Bulldogs.

The Tigers remain WESTS longest victory draught (last time I remember a win chalked up against the Tigers was when we knocked them off in the first game of 2008 when Easts were defending champion

Interested to see how Sam Greene measures upto Matt Brandon (the franchise flyhalf of this competition. sorry Dallan) Sam Greene is a equally impressive goalkicker to Matt Brandon & my brain says the QRU is going to send a referee out to Bottomley Park hellbent on having a penalty shootout to showcase these 2 great talents. But my heart wants a tryfest where both these no.10's are putting these backs into nice space for tries (leave the kicking tees on the sideline, just dropkick the conversions & give the Rugby public a Ooohhing & Aaahhing 5 pointer marathon)

Wishfull thinking, all you will see is little Greene being bullied by a monster Easts pack and outclassed by Brandon.

Xavier jenkins

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oldboy*. I shouldn't need to say how good they are. Simple tactic though. Brothers exploited it well in week one and so have other teams. Greene is a talent but far to small and young to step up to the defensive pillar he needs to be. All wests will do is burn him out

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
Young fella Harry Curtin is set to make his Prems debut for Uni this weekend. Massive off season seeing as though he was 4th grade centre in the GF last year. He'll be one to watch if he gets a decent run to build some confidence.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oldboy*. I shouldn't need to say how good they are. Simple tactic though. Brothers exploited it well in week one and so have other teams. Greene is a talent but far to small and young to step up to the defensive pillar he needs to be. All wests will do is burn him out
I love how people use size as an excuse for defense, it has very little to do with it, as every Lucas brother amongst others show every weekend. And if you knew what you were talking about you would realize that "little" Sam Greene is in fact bigger than Matt Brandon. That not to say your comment on the game result is inaccurate, easts will dominate wests with very little trouble. Mainly because wests are very ordinary, although if its pissing down rain it might not be as bad as it could be.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

Tell that to Uni.

Young fella Harry Curtin is set to make his Prems debut for Uni this weekend. Massive off season seeing as though he was 4th grade centre in the GF last year. He'll be one to watch if he gets a decent run to build some confidence.

Big off Season ay?

Sounds like we need to get ASADA on the line...............jokes.

What can you tell us about the chap is this just his second year out of colts and last year he was just adjusting to grades? or is he a grades battler who just thought it was time to give it a real crack?

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
What can you tell us about the chap is this just his second year out of colts and last year he was just adjusting to grades? or is he a grades battler who just thought it was time to give it a real crack?

Leaguie who is in his 4th year of union (i think). Was pretty injured through colts but got caught up in politics of uni last year. Played brilliantly whatever grade he played last year (had a few runs in 2s late in the year). Big fend, big step, strong kid.

PowerPlayPaul

Frank Row (1)
Good Day gents, Paul here - long time reader, first time poster and a long-time follower of the competition. Now let me be the first to say I'm looking forward to a cracker down at Easts in the stand with a few tinnies in my hand enjoying some good rugby. Thought I'd chime in on the Greene v Brandon debate myself - seeing young Sam Greene play against Uni and Souths, i think it is safe to say this lad is a talent. His much talked about kicking game is matched by a ball playing and running game of equal caliber, everything that goes Wests way seems to be started or finished in the hands of Greene. Defensively I'd back him to handle what Easts throw at him as well - saw big Beau Robinson get flattened by the young feller so Brandon won't be losing Greene any sleep. Looking forward to a big game this weekend between two top teams with top players. I'll see you soon, Same Paul time, Same Paul place.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
When Harry gets on the field tomorrow he will have played for every team in the club (4 colts and 7 grades) in his 4 or 5 years at UQ.
A feat not done at UNI since former club captain Dan "punchy" Purcell accomplished it about 10 years ago.
Got me thinking how common this is. Can anyone think of anyone at other clubs who have done that?
Ps Harry is a top bloke and a great club man who I am sure will put it all on the line but I am worried about the very young uni forward pack against the seasoned mob from brothers

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Played full back v souths at souths in 2009. Probably more off the bench as well but that's all I can remember off the top of my head

Red Heavy what's going on down at Uni? I saw the team lists for today and half your premier team are under 21, their was 4 colts players starting. Surely there are more seasoned (not to mention more physically developed) players in a better position to play premier grade. Has their been an exodus of players or is their a big injury list?? I haven't heard results but I imagine brothers would touch them up in both colts and prems if those printed teams were accurate.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers knocked off University 27-12. Brothers seriously should have scored more points; the referee's decisions just baffled me at times, it was almost like he was trying to win the game for Uni. I know that sounds ridiculous. I’m not going to bag Uni, sometimes you just have a shit day at the office.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
Has their been an exodus of players or is their a big injury list??

A few to JWC, a couple of solid players in wade and V finger moved clubs, some older blokes not around (preo, guy Shepherdson) and a few injuries will do it. They never really replaced the players who stepped up into super in 2010/2011 either... (Lance, Prior, Kuridrani, Cox)

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Red Heavy what's going on down at Uni? I saw the team lists for today and half your premier team are under 21, their was 4 colts players starting. Surely there are more seasoned (not to mention more physically developed) players in a better position to play premier grade. Has their been an exodus of players or is their a big injury list?? I haven't heard results but I imagine brothers would touch them up in both colts and prems if those printed teams were accurate.

It ended up being 6 Colts starting for Prems this week. Huge injury toll at the moment down at the heavies... something like 20-25 Premier squad players, it's quite ridiculous. It was a very "green" Uni side today and by all accounts they stood up after the initial onslaught from Brothers. Heard Brothers backs were very very sharp in the 1st half. Full credit to them, there are no excuses in Premier grade footy. And yes as you'd imagine Brothers won colts, reserve grade & 2nd grade.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't know if this is 100 percent correct but Dal Murphy may have played his last game for Brothers before heading over seas. Everyone at brothers wishes him well. I have absolutely no idea who will replace him. But I imagine the coaches will try their best to fine a play maker.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't know if this is 100 percent correct but Dal Murphy may have played his last game for Brothers before heading over seas. Everyone at brothers wishes him well. I have absolutely no idea who will replace him. But I imagine the coaches will try their best to fine a play maker.
Going on previous trend I think they will replace him with their assistant coach Shane Drahm.

Status
Not open for further replies.