• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
On another note doesn't anyone care about Prem Colts in Qld. I wrote a couple of times on a thread but I now see where this has been taken down and no one is reporting on Colts in Qld.

Could this be why club rugby has some issues, we should be commenting on Colts as these boys are the future of the game. Very disappointing to say the least that not even one parent or supporter can post a report on any Colts game.

I could post a report but there is not thread to post it on G& G have taken it down.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers Premier Colts are belting teams each week. Which of course if good for the club, as we have a lot of young talent coming through.

I feel a bit for Wests, apparently they've lost significant numbers yet again this year?

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
On another note doesn't anyone care about Prem Colts in Qld. I wrote a couple of times on a thread but I now see where this has been taken down and no one is reporting on Colts in Qld.

Could this be why club rugby has some issues, we should be commenting on Colts as these boys are the future of the game. Very disappointing to say the least that not even one parent or supporter can post a report on any Colts game.

I could post a report but there is not thread to post it on G& G have taken it down.

I think the thread is still there Oldest Rat....it's just back a page or 2.
Pretty sure the last post was yours, on May 24.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

I bumped it up for you and added a link here. The issue is you need people who participate or watch it regularly to comment. When I was coaching Prem Colts I would write every week about what was happening. Even if you feel like you are the only one doing anything keep going. As you said the more it is reported on the better.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/qld-colts-2013.11860/page-3

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
I watched the Junior WC match V the Baby blacks yesterday and was astounded to not see Phil Kyte as one of the starting props and said to myself surely he must be on the bench, but no he was not even in the team!!!!!.

And I critically watched both halfbacks for the Junior wallabies and was not all that impressed, they did what they had to do behind a dominant forward pack but apart from chucking out the ball to the backline what else I ask???

I always maintain that to be a good HB you need to do more than just pass the ball you need a lot of other skills but I didn't see that in both the HB used for the JUnior Wobs.

Could'nt agree more. Kite needed to be there somewhere and his ball running close to the line is superior to all the guys in the squad. Both starting props played well but Eff me dead. Surely, he needed to be there in the squad somewhere and should have been used at sometime during the game. If he was'nt going to use him why did he take him on the tour in the first place? He could have been more handy playing club for Jeeps or possibly getting a run against the Lions. (Denny and Owens selection alludes that he would of been in contention considering a dominant performance over the previous weeks leading into the JWC) Absolutely astounding!!!!! Effectively he has waited to use one of the form props in the PREMIER competition until Australia's chances of going any further are finished. So again, what was the point?

Meehan's insufficient time in the grade also came back and bit the Australians in the arse with some absolutely crucial mistakes at crucial times during the game when they were in crucial positions on the field. The forwards led by Browning played well but you cant help but feel what if? Another campaign down the gurgler and Australia for another year relegated to a position on the world stage not befitting of its actual talent. Where the hell does the ARU get these guys from?

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Meehan's insufficient time in the grade also came back and bit the Australians in the arse with some absolutely crucial mistakes at crucial times during the game when they were in crucial positions on the field. The forwards led by Browning played well but you cant help but feel what if? Another campaign down the gurgler and Australia for another year relegated to a position on the world stage not befitting of its actual talent. Where the hell does the ARU get these guys from?
I agree Meehan made mistakes, they all did. Meehan also ran sideways crowding the back line that added extra pressure and forced errors. The players are all talented, there is no doubt about that, they just need to get their game together, and unfortunately now it is too late. Let's hope they make amends in the next game and hold their heads up. Yes they lost, yes they didn't play as well as they can but the scores were far from a whitewash.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It was really good to see Sam Denny get a run against the Lions. That's the beauty of a Lions tour is guys who work hard get rewarded. He may or may not get a contract in the future but he will always be able to say he packed down against the B&I Lions and did himself proud.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree Meehan made mistakes, they all did. Meehan also ran sideways crowding the back line that added extra pressure and forced errors. The players are all talented, there is no doubt about that, they just need to get their game together, and unfortunately now it is too late. Let's hope they make amends in the next game and hold their heads up. Yes they lost, yes they didn't play as well as they can but the scores were far from a whitewash.
Two losses from two starts is still a failed campaign, irrespective of how well they played against NZ. Not giving the Irish enough respect cost us dearly, coaches have a lot to answer for.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Probably for another thread but the coaches were appointed very late in the piece. From what I understand they had limited say in the preparation of the team in terms of games played.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I didn't see the team list for Sunnybank PlayedinHeaven but there were no regular Reds playing for Uni. Kev Davis played and although he's in the Reds squad, he remains uncapped.

EDIT: sorry- misread your post. I'll get back to you.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think a few of the Sunnybank Reds players are having the weekend off. All of them should be available for rounds 12 & 13 though.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I guess we might see some of the fringe/bench Reds this week, but won't see the regular starters (ie: Quirk, Shatz, Fainga'a ect) until next week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tez T and Pieman, can I just change the subject for a moment and say how good it was at Souths last week?? Mate had few Lions supporters at your club watching Logan play, and I was impressed with how welcome they seemed to be made with someone (not sure of names etc) taking time to show them around , explain who had played for club, and gave them a club tie and some badges?? They also bought at least one guernsey I think, but I was real thoroughly pleased to see the true comradeship and ethos of rugby being displayed!!! Well played Souths!!!!!

clubland

Bob McCowan (2)
Tez T and Pieman, can I just change the subject for a moment and say how good it was at Souths last week?? Mate had few Lions supporters at your club watching Logan play, and I was impressed with how welcome they seemed to be made with someone (not sure of names etc) taking time to show them around , explain who had played for club, and gave them a club tie and some badges?? They also bought at least one guernsey I think, but I was real thoroughly pleased to see the true comradeship and ethos of rugby being displayed!!! Well played Souths!!!!!
Was a pleasure to have guests from the UK at the club.When I was in Wales in 2010 we were looked after at every club we went to. this is the part of Rugby that is most enjoyable and memorable

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
What does everyone think of the weekend results?

*Did the Breakers catch the Heavies offguard or what? Definately a tale of 2 Halves. 47 unanswered points by the Heavies must have the GC Coaching Staff fuming with Defense being a focus at training this week.

*The Brethen got dealt by the Fire Breath-ren.

*GPS did what they needed to do against the Stingrays.

*Wests led a close one at halftime 20-17 & then finished the game with a 55-22 win.

*BUT HOW ABOUT SOUTHS?!?!? Heritage Round & Heritage performance!!! I think the Souths & Sunnybank victories made the race for the top 4 really interesting (Still a fair bit of rugby to be played this season)

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have to say that the usually very busy correspondents from Tigerland are very silent after yesterday's rousing victory by Souths Magpies in their Heritage Round against Easts. Easts started almost perfectly, scoring a try in the opening minute, followed soon after with a penalty.
Souths had to stick to their game plan and they did. They defended strongly and at the same time they were trying to use the possession they had positively but in the first half, execution was just a little off.
The first half ended with the score at 8-3 to the Tigers. Souths knew they were well in the game and they knew that with a little concentration on execution they would come home strongly. Who would have though, other than the large crowd of the Magpies faithful Old Boys, celebrating the Old Boys Day, they would
put on 33 unanswered points to lead 36-8 at the 25th minute of the second half.
Manawatu flyhalf Isaac Thompson is closing in on the points scoring leaders, with 21 points yesterday from two tries, four conv. and a penalty goal.
Premier Colt flanker Nic Crookes is playing the house down in his second Premier Grade appearance with a try in each of his two games. Mafi Kefu broke the defensive line consistently to set up try scoring raids and Leon Ellia's intercept try shows why he has been selected to play for Cook Islands in the Oceania Championships next month. The other try scorer was young energetic flanker, Ged O'Hare.
Souths are really pressing for the Four and are looking forward to the next few games so they can consolidate their position. Go the Magpies! A Magpie for Me! A Magpie for Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.