• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
For those interested, final rounds for the current top 6 include.

Brothers: Sunshine Coast (A), GPS (H), Easts (A), University (H)
GPS: Souths (A), Brothers (A), University (H), Sunnybank (H)
Easts: Gold Coast (A), Sunshine Coast (A), Brothers (H), Wests (A)
University: Norths (A), Souths (H), GPS (A), Brothers (A)
Souths: GPS (H), University (A), Sunnybank (A), Gold Coast (H)
Sunnybank: Wests (H), Norths (A), Souths (H), GPS (A)

From that Easts definatly has the easiest run home by a long way. Sunnybank probably has a slightly easier run as well, but they are probably a bit too far off currently, but stranger things have happened.

GPS have the hardest run, but are sitting pretty comfortably right now. University and Souths both have a difficult run home aswell.

So I predict that it will be

1- Brothers
2- GPS
3- Easts
4- University

I think it will be very very close between Souths, Uni and Sunnybank for 4th place. Uni vs Souths at St Lucia will be crucial.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Carry on mate, how do you reckon the finals would go if those 4 teams you mentioned made it? Reckon Easts would knock off University?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So with Super Rugby all wrapped up for the Aus teams apart from Brums and Reds, does anyone know of any players from the Rebels or Force who will be returning to Brisbane for club rugby?

Ive heard that Rebels flyhalf Bryce Hegarty is flying back to brissy asap and will be seeing out the rest of the club season with GPS.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TheBigDog will Samo be sticking around for u lads playoff appearance? I'd imagine he'd be wanted in Japan quick smart .

Last I heard was that Samo, Frisby and Ant Fainga'a would be playing with the club for the final rounds but obviously that isn't locked in stone, when Fainga'a sticks around as well may also depend on whether the Reds re-sign him or he's off elsewhere.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank's chances of making the finals are all gone now. Top four look likes its all sorted. Souths may still have a chance but it will depend on other results.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sunnybank's chances of making the finals are all gone now. Top four look likes its all sorted. Souths may still have a chance but it will depend on other results.

Did you watch the game yesterday JETS?

That last 10 minutes was some of the best footy I've seen as of late. Dogs having a man in the bin, the bank scores 2 tries to go ahead & then Greene hits the dagger penalty for the win.

I don't know about stand outs for the Bank, maybe Wallace-Harrison & McCaffery.

The dogs seem to do really well against the Bank in the Mud. There was yesterdays win, last years win at Oldmac & I believe a few years back there was a 6-3 win to Sunnybank at Sylvan Rd (but I have no idea how to search on results from previous seasons, I do remember in that instance it was muddy & it negated all of Sunnybanks outside firepower)

Btw Jets what is Shane Seiuli doing this season? I have not seen his name anywhere on Sunnybank match results after being a stat sheet filler in 2012?

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Awesome win for the Bulldogs yesterday. Peter Nelson notched up his 100th game for the club. Big effort. And great result. Sam Greene played well again, star of the future.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Did you watch the game yesterday JETS?

That last 10 minutes was some of the best footy I've seen as of late. Dogs having a man in the bin, the bank scores 2 tries to go ahead & then Greene hits the dagger penalty for the win.

I don't know about stand outs for the Bank, maybe Wallace-Harrison & McCaffery.

The dogs seem to do really well against the Bank in the Mud. There was yesterdays win, last years win at Oldmac & I believe a few years back there was a 6-3 win to Sunnybank at Sylvan Rd (but I have no idea how to search on results from previous seasons, I do remember in that instance it was muddy & it negated all of Sunnybanks outside firepower)

Btw Jets what is Shane Seiuli doing this season? I have not seen his name anywhere on Sunnybank match results after being a stat sheet filler in 2012?

Didn't get to the game, was away down the coast. The story of the Dragons season he been turning it on for 10 mins per game and hoping that it will be enough to win the game. I think there will need to be a bit of an attitude change before next season if they want to vie for the top 4 again.

Shane seems to have given up on rugby. He's a bit of a strange cat. The Reds were looking at him and from reports he told them he wasn't interested, this may have had something to do with his work commitments. He's also getting married soon and maybe wants to move on with his life. One of the most talented rugby players I've ever seen but just wasn't as interested in going any further with it.

The game you are thinking of was at Sylvan Rd in 2011. West probably should have won the game but a penalty kick to Sunnybank near the death got them over the line, at least that's what I recall.

Tight loose

Bob McCowan (2)
Interested to hear opinions on whether Tim Buchanan and Kevin Davis leaving Uni this week will seriously hurt Their chances in the final few weeks/finals? Or do they have the depth to cover?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
My two cents...

Off-field Buchanan will leave a massive hole - great club man. On-field, his experience will be missed, but I'm somewhat reassured by seeing Dave McDuling get through his first 80min game in more than 2 years on the weekend. Dules' experience will help other young 2nd rowers like Sam Reiser in Prems and Tom Vaessen (regular 1st grader) come through too.

As for Kev Davis, I think it's a bit harder to say. He's been packing at prop and throwing lineouts, and Campbell Wakely & Lyall Fidow should be able to step in to either/both of these without too much drama. But the depth below there gets a little trickier.

Horseman

Frank Row (1)
Agree with Cat regarding Bucky's biggest influence being a leader of men on and off the park. He had to grow up quickly given some of the circumstances at the club and did a great job. Big hole to fill but I am sure given the culture at the club there will be one or two guys ready to step in.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Apparently the Toolis brothers from GPS have played their last game for the club having picked up contracts in Scotland.

A few other guys around the traps on the move too.

Xavier jenkins

Frank Nicholson (4)
How hard has brothers been hit filthrugby? Does brothers have the depth to cover Felsman, freney, postal, bond, brown and Murphy? Or is it only a matter of time before they get run down by the other big teams? With postal gone it seems the forward pack is lacking size and go forward

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good luck to UQ for the remainder. I still look out for the results. Also will be watching out for Kev Davis's kicking percentages over here.
Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.