• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If Wests didn't have to play a second-half they would be in the top four.

Wests were excellent in the 1st half with solid forward play and great defence.

Very pleased with the Filth's effort though; Dave Campbell, Greene and Carter playing really well (just to name a few.)

From the half-way line, on the other side of the field, I could hear the Wests supporters on the balcony giving it (politely) to Brothers (Dave Campbell in particular) and the ref, but it was good to see so many dogs supporters out there though, particularly given it's been a shit season for them.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
All second hand from me... but apparently the Prems coach isn't well liked & he also decided to have a bit of a clear out last seasons end & had hoped to attract some talent from elsewhere that didn't come off. But I heard all this through the rumour mill. Add to that the premature leaving of the experienced Mafi Kefu just before Easter & the loss of the very talented Muirhead at fullback to Sydney mid season & the lower grades start to stretch thin.
Absolutely ludicrous if what you say about Doubles is true TT. Doubles is the quintessential club man, he's been there since I was a junior (And that was a long long time ago!). Something must have gone down if true. :(

Who's been cleared out & where are they playing now?

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Best for Tigers Deck, Brandon, Placid,Gunn, Wlikin, and Randell
I thought Mullins was very sound in the centres too. I hate to refer to an overused league cliche but the Tigers' ball control in the first half was dreadful. The Uni hooker was a real wrecking ball in the first half too. He exposed a few weaknesses in the Easts forward pack. Great game today, never a dull moment.

Top marks to Uni for not letting Easts take advantage of the brief time when Uni only had 10 men on the paddock. That's a sign of a genuinely great team. Uni scored 3 tries to 1 - the draw today is a pretty good result for Easts considering that stat!

But yeah, I agree with Fritz & T12 - ref was a shocker today.

Finals are looking to be a bit of a struggle for my Tigers this year ...

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
Watched Uni vs. Easts today. Tigers were pretty lucky to leave with 2 points. Scrum was dominated by Uni but their massive penalty count robbed them of win. Conor Mitchel, Sef, Korczyk, Pincus (Wade but yellow carded) and Brandon, Gunn, Deck were standouts. Placid beside 2 runs had rather quiet day at the office. Agree that ref did not have a good day.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I bumped in to the family of Levi Aumua, a fringe QLD U20s centre from GPS, and they informed me he had signed with Bordeaux in France for 2 years, 2015-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Who's been cleared out & where are they playing now?

Halfback, 2 fyhalves, 2 centres, wings & fullback and prop. Along with most of last years reggies side. Some probably left of their own accord others were cleared. I don't know all their names or where they've gone to..... I'm just a mug punter.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be interesting to see if the QRU and GPS have sorted out Hergarty's eligibility for this years finals, after he was denied qualification last year. Bryce played very well vs the Reds on Friday night and it would be great to have him at 10/15.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Going to be new to QLD next week. Randwick tragic and need a new team to support. Sunnybank geographically is close to new home. Good club to support?

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Going to be new to QLD next week. Randwick tragic and need a new team to support. Sunnybank geographically is close to new home. Good club to support?

Both green.
Sunnybank has a great licensed club.
Always good to be able to catch local Rugby close to home.
One thing you will enjoy is that QPR is free unlike Sydney.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I bumped in to the family of Levi Aumua, a fringe QLD U20s centre from GPS, and they informed me he had signed with Bordeaux in France for 2 years, 2015-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levi was the starting #12 for QLD 20's (& only just missed Aust) yet has been playing #8 for GPS 1st Grade. Interesting where his future lies...

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Both green.
Sunnybank has a great licensed club.
Always good to be able to catch local Rugby close to home.
One thing you will enjoy is that QPR is free unlike Sydney.

Thanks happyjack. Good to be able to have a few cheeky ales whilst watching. Yes, SRU is $15 at the gate if you can't buy a season pass (if the club don't provide one).

Downsouthvisitor

Frank Row (1)
On holiday up here and was taken out to University yesterday for what my diehard Easts mate said was the game that would decide their season. Great to be able to wear shorts to a game!
What I saw was a great contest but lots of errors by both sides. University was dominant pretty much everywhere and it was only Easts last ditch defence and poor choices in attack the game resulted in a draw. My mate and I both agreed that Easts can consider themselves lucky to have escaped with a draw and Easts supporters on this forum made similar comments but were just like NSW SOO supporters blaming the ref for their problems.
From what we saw, he was consistent and it was a relatively even penalty count, both teams were warned and then ended up with a yellow card after further penalties. That is consistent with what I have seen in games at S15 and senior club level all year. Easts scrum was under pressure all day and was lucky not to suffer further penalties or free kicks notably some clever half back work on their feeds.
The only possible complaint I could see was some of University penalties came after advantage did not come off when Easts had pulled off some good turnovers.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
They looked uninterested yesterday! I decided to go and watch them up at Chipsy Wood. Even with The Bank down to 14 men for the last 20 minutes Souths still looked lost! I think the offseason has begun for the pies.

They did indeed, the backs just don't want to tackle! I feel for the forwards who worked hard. Very disappointing performance for Old Boys day & was very subdued atmosphere. Bloody wind didn't help!

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)

Ex green slime myself - and enjoyed my time at the bank - being green is a help but no way could I have supported a non green club. Sorry Filth it is just too hard to change.:)

T

Tigers Tale

Filth looks like you won't get your wish of eliminating the Tigers in a semi but it has probably come down to Bros & Easts for 4th spot so may the best team win. Tigers still need win 3 of last 4 and hope your guys stall in the blocks after this weekend.

Easts must win this Sat v GPS and then the following week at Bottomley will be a cracker.

GPS can expect a hostile welcome by the crowd this Sat.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd say a loss by Easts this weekend could rule them out TT. If they don't get a point and other teams pick up 5 they will be 12 points out of the 4.

Personally I'd like them to win as it would increase the chances of the Dragons finishing in the top 2.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Easts vs GPS will be a good game but GPS will really need to work on some new back line combinations this week. They'll definitely be without Frisby, Kerevi and Kuridrani for the game and read somewhere that Graham might even take Sam Johnson over to Perth as a possible bench option.

Still, the forwards have been setting the platform well for the Gallopers and will remain unchanged so hopefully can dominate in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.