• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
UJ Seuteni off to Toulon next season apparently.

Great move for him, he has proven himself in the past 18 months, after a shocking debut season.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting to see Buildcorp involved with sponsorship and the National Rugby Comp... I wonder if this new direction of marketing dollars will affect their allegiance with Sydney University and the UQ Heavies?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting to see Buildcorp involved with sponsorship and the National Rugby Comp. I wonder if this new direction of marketing dollars will affect their allegiance with Sydney University and the UQ Heavies?
I don't think so. They get a lot of work out of both Uni's so it's an investment that has paid off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Samu, Johnson and Saia will play. Maybe no Grasso though. Looking very strong in the backs, a few teams weakened in the forwards.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The wind in Brisbane will cause havoc in Premier Rugby tomorrow. I know the Dragon's aren't great in the wind or rain so if Brandon kicks well the Tigers may keep their finals dream alive.

T

Tigers Tale

Jets - that's not saying much for your #10 McIntyre??

Lets hope Greene has the ball on a string at Crosby. Com'on Filth!!

T

Tigers Tale

Now don't get carried away Stumpy my support of the Filth & Sam Greene is purely strategic.

Never could I ever be Brothers anything!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have complete faith in McIntyre. Some other players who have a history of crazy things in strange conditions and a general club culture of not playing well in adverse conditions.

All I'm saying is that the conditions give your Tigers a shot.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Jets - we can only live in hope! Hope is all you need sometimes.

Oldmac Oval isn't the happiest of hunting grounds for the Tigers but I think they will have a good crack tomorrow in what I hope is a try scoring feast and a win by a decent margin to give us hope provided the Filth do the same to GPS at Crosby.

But it is going to take an amazing turn of events if Easts can get the 4th spot from where they stand at present. They have probably done well to get this close given where they stood after the round 8 loss to Sunnybank at Bottomley.

Even if Easts get the two bonus point wins v Snbk & Bond; and GPS don't get another point in their last two games v Bros & Snbk, then the Tigers still have to reel in a 70 point difference in their respective F&A tallies.

Regardless if we can just secure a few outside backs (O'Connor & Hunt) in the off season things don't look too bad for 2015 with this pack:
1. Paraka;
2. Ready;
3. Sanday;
4. Enever;
5. Fattal;
6. Moore;
7. Gunn;
8. Wilkin.

And this 9-13:
9. Deck/Mullins;
10. Brandon;
11. Wilder;
12. Mullins/Sean Cox;
13. White;
14. ???Mansell/Faulkner;
15. ??? Sam Cox => Turner for the finals
(Pity Aidan is going because he might have been able to entice Hunt to become a Tiger!!)

Maybe a Peter Lee or a Mitch Felsman wouldn't look bad on the end of a Tigers backline.

But maybe the 2014 planets can still align - we live in hope!!!

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
70 points might seem hard, but it really isn't.

Your biggest issue is hoping GPS do not acquire a bonus point which is pretty easy to get when you have a good backline.

T

Tigers Tale

That where your boys have to play there part - they only had their line crossed once last week and the Ref became your 16th defender by disallowing that try at the 70th minute mark for god knows why!!!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Game day tomorrow, who else is keen?! This will be my first trip to Crosby, definitely don't expect the clean sweep as we did at yoku

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tigers are paying $4.50 on Sportsbet.
Who does these odd?
For supporters, not players there is good reason to have a punt.
Bond were the same odds last week when they toppled a "who cares" Souths.
Interestingly the QRU get a licence fee for this which I am sure they share with the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.