• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am pretty sure all reds have to play finals, unless injured, as directed by the qru. With the majority to have this week off then back into it for the last round and beyond.
Highly doubt jono Owen or rocket will play for uni but Harry is in an interesting one as to when he is released by the qru and taken on by the rebels.
Also means big Kevin could be out of the stands and on the field for the first time in near a decade when uni takes on the brethren at home.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You can guarantee Samu, SJ, and the black panther (kirindrati or however it is spelt) will want to play this weekend. Not sure about the Fainga'a boys, ant may not risk it with his calf.

T

Tigers Tale

JETS - as my focus now shifts to the NRC I will have to wait and see who is playing for which QLD side before I make up my mind on who to support. With the player exodus OS and to other Franchises the final squads will not look much like we discussed on this forum earlier this year.

But looking forward to watching regular rugby at Ballymore, it was great during the 2013 finals but sadly no Tigers in 2014.

How do you rate your Dragon's finals chances?

I think that there is a possibility that the Dragons could put a big score on the Tigers this weekend now that effectively the Tigers have very little to play for but pride.

They will also be challenged by Bond in the last round at Bottomley given Bond's recent spike in form.

Unfortunately (Filth might say fortunately) the Tigers could be in for a tough 2015 unless they can secure some new talent to replace the likes of Placid, Seuteni, Toua, Quirk. God help us if we were also to lose an Enever, Paraka, Sanday, Ready, Gunn or Wilkin.

At the end of the day the Tigers could not fill the void left by Butler, Bertini, Stolberg, Cox and missed Seuteni, Gunn & Placid earlier this year.

The other issue is how much longer will Riley, Brandon, Mullins, etc play on for.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the Dragons have a good chance and I hope they make the GF. Uni are a different proposition to any other team in the comp though so it will be a real challenge for any team to beat them.

We still have to get through the remaining 2 rounds though and both Easts and GPS will be a difficult. Sunnybank notoriously don't travel well to Yoku Rd and it may well be a play off for second spot.

The big advantage this year is that the reliance on Reds players returning isn't there. The team are working well together as a group and the results on the field have been fantastic.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The less Reds back the better for Brothers.

How do you think Brothers will go? I think University are going to be bloody hard to beat.

Matho has done really well this year.

2015 will be even shitter for Easts. Placid was the best back.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
The other issue is how much longer will Riley, Brandon, Mullins, etc play on for.[/quote]

My understanding was that Riley had hung up the boots at the end of last year and then did a backflip and decided to go around once more. Would not be expecting to see him in 2015. I don't think Brandon has all that many years left in him either. On a much brighter note though, Chucky is only 24 this year I think, so if the desire is still there for him, we could see quite few more years of him leading the tigers out, which in my opinion is exciting. Despite his value to the side as a utility back, I'd love to see him make a jersey his own. For me I think it should be number 12, which will be interesting if Skelto signs on with Easts again upon return from his stint in the UK.

T

Tigers Tale

It's not often but it does happen sometimes - I agree with you Filth - sadly I can't see 2015 being any better than 2014 for the Tigers, but if we can beat the Filth next year that will be all that I ask Santa for!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hopefully if their own supporters can already see the issues forming with Easts for 2015 then their management committee/coaches/board members etc can start working on the issues during the off season. If Prems look like they're going to be short handed next year then maybe its time to start building some club depth and make a big push to get the colts and lower grades involved early in a pre-season and do things like make a big recruiting drive to the graduating class of 2014 at various schools. That way at least it won't be all doom and gloom at Tigerland next year!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Completely different looking teams this week with players returning from injuries/holidays, unfortunately no black panther and potentially no Samu for the finals.

Will be a great day out against the filth, some more overnight rain to sorften the dirt would be nice!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I can't say for certain but I would say Johnson is a yes, Kerevi a maybe (more likely not) Saia Fainga'a a maybe and Kuridrani a no.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can't say for certain but I would say Johnson is a yes, Kerevi a maybe (more likely not) Saia Fainga'a a maybe and Kuridrani a no.

Jeeper do you know why Kerevi and Kurindrani won't be available? I thought they'd definitely be playing asap to try and get the boys back into the major semi final.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd rest them for the next couple of weeks. Save them for the big minor semi final. :)

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Jeeper do you know why Kerevi and Kurindrani won't be available? I thought they'd definitely be playing asap to try and get the boys back into the major semi final.

I have heard Chris's ankle to go under the knife and Samu to get his knee drained might not be true but that is what I was told. The reds may not want us to risk Samu playing now he is signed. God we need him for the finals though.

T

Tigers Tale

Jeeper - it just doesn't seem that the planets will align for GPS this year.

Going on the fact that Easts played GPS & Brothers in the last two weeks, I'd say that Brothers will get the chocolates at Crosby this Saturday, but you will get a chance for redemption against the Filth in the minor semi.

Unless of course the Tigers have two amazing wins v Sunnybank & Bond and GPS have two equally poor losses v Brothers & Sunnybank!! Oh the Tiger would wish that they hadn't given GPS two bonus points in the game at Bottomley recently.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A very different team will run out against the filth in all grades, we will be much more competitive than against the tigggers

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I understand the professional sporting philosophy and not wanting players to risk greater injury etc etc but if players have the capacity to play then I believe they should be allowed to.

Obviously not knowing the full extent of their injuries means I don't have the knowledge to make an educated comment but both Samu and Chris have been playing at GPS for quite a few years now and are right into the club culture, I'm sure they'd love to contribute to the team in finals and it would mean a lot to help the boys go all the way. Shame if they don't get the opportunity because the QRU makes them sit out.

T

Tigers Tale

Come on Filth - IF your guys roll GPS by 20 and IF we have a 4 try 20 point win over Sunnybank.

The Tigers will go into round 18 with some chance.

I sense that there are some real nerves out Ashgrove way.

Status
Not open for further replies.