• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

I am not pushing Grasso in particular - I just think that there are a number of #9s in Premier Grade Comp that are more consistent performers than Nigel Genia.

If Reds A is truly about development then why not give Gale first shot at the Reds A #9?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So Sef Faagaase has gone to University, I wonder why? Must be club culture, no other reason. :p

SX, you must be bloody spewin.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
He left Souths to play for The Rebels, I didn't think the Rebels gave him a fair crack, as wwhenever I saw him play for Souths and For Aus 7s i was extremely impressed. He has everything needed to play Super Rugby as either a 13 or 14. So if Brothers have picked him up that is a great addition.

With one of the NRC Qld teams to be a country side I am interested to know what Reds, QLD A, QLD 20s and regular Premier Grade players are of Country Origin.

Pretty sure the Brumbies picked him up first after his debut year. I think he was one of the youngest players to debut in Prems a few years back & had some serious pace. Really hope he's come back to the nest.

T

Tigers Tale

SX did you see the Reds A game last night - I hear that it wasn't a gr8 night for Greene or McIntyre????

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Greene did not have a good game at all but is young and will no doubt get better. Probably wasn't helped by the slow and inconsistent service from genia junior. Uj looked the best at 10. Kimani looked good on the wing as did banks for his camo and match winning try. Dules, enever and Buchanan good in the fowards as was kite when he came on. I was surprised he wasnt starting

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
With the early start to Premier and the alignment and expanded programs of Super XV, As and Under 20, it would be interesting to start to get best XV team lists minus contracted and academy players.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Easts held a club wide training camp on Saturday in lieu of their usual weekend long camp at Tyalgum Ridge. I'm interested to hear how it went and how the club as a whole is shaping up in their pursuit of a doughty shield? Are you able to shed any light TT? A lot of improvement will be needed from last years results in the lower grades, 1st and 2nd grade in particular, if this is going to happen. Also, I hear their is a lack of depth in the insdie back ranks at the club at the moment, particularly a back up fylhalf for Brandon? UJ can obviously fill this role, but how often will he be available?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Apparently the Cox boys haven't been sighted for a while now.

You'd think we'll have to go without Parraka, Ready, Enever, Gunn, Placid, Seuteni and Toua for most of the season with other commitments.

Also, can anyone confirm if Stollberg is permanently in the ACT now, or just went for a trial?

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Apparently the Cox boys haven't been sighted for a while now.

You'd think we'll have to go without Parraka, Ready, Enever, Gunn, Placid, Seuteni and Toua for most of the season with other commitments.

Also, can anyone confirm if Stollberg is permanently in the ACT now, or just went for a trial?

Correct on the Cox twins comment. Not sure what the story is there.

Can confirm that Stollberg is in Canberra permanantly and I'm pretty sure he is alligned with a club side down there.

T

Tigers Tale

By all accounts good numbers at Camp Tiger on Saturday. I don't think a Doughty Shield is really possible in 2014 but there are good signs that we will see better performances in the lower grades in 2014. I think every club would say that though at this time of the season!

Not having a women's side anymore makes the Doughty Shield a very difficult proposition.

Stolberg - has been lost to a Canberra club side not the Brumbies;
Coxes - unlikely to see either in 2014 - Sam to study and Sean anor shoulder op recently;

The other guys will have varying involvement in Reds, Reds A, Qld u20 & Aust U20. I don't think UJ or Petowa qualify for U20 this year. Looks like Enever is ranked number 4 lock for the Reds at this stage so we may see more of him than first thought.

Reds A final game will be possibly be the 23 March final of the Pacific Rugby Cup.

Whilst QLD U20 play in Canberra National U20 titles 21-26 March, and then I think the JRWC is on in June in NZ (not 100% on that one).

Impact on Easts will be heaviest in round 1 when they have the bye and play Sydney Uni.

T

Tigers Tale

Souths, Sunnybank, Uni & GPS are the only Doughty Shield contenders really.

Status
Not open for further replies.