• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Another thing has been really winding me up the last couple of days about this national comp, and that is that it only caters for top players. I know this is the point, but what about all the lower graders who have their season shortened and moved only to accommodate the 30 or so premier players that this will benefit. If i was a lower grades player just playing for fitness and fun and they are expected to still fork out a few hundred to play a a season of footy which is shorter and finishes way earlier than any other code.
May as well go play Brisbane rugby league, save some money and get more games.
and this is what has always been the ARU's problem, it caters and aims to please the 1% of players who will make it somewhere and never does anything for the weekend warrior.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I don't think the season will be shorter, it will just start and finish earlier than it has in the past.

T

Tigers Tale

South team
1- Greg Holmes (Sunnybank)
2- Albert Anae (Sunnybank)
3- Sam Denny (Souths)
4- Blake Enever ( Easts)
5- Michael Stollberg (Easts)
6- Beau Robinson (Souths)
7- Michael Gunn (Easts)
8- Ed Quirk (Easts)
9- Ben Lucas (Sunnybank)
10- Matt Brandon (Easts)
11- Jonah Placid (Easts)
12- Ben Tapuai (Sunnybank)
13- Toby White (Easts)
14- Chris F'Sautia (Souths)
15- Aiden Toua (Easts)

The last thing you want to do is let politics get in the way of the selection of the new "East Coast Aces" so I suggest you would just go with this lineup:

1. Pettowa Paraka
2. Andrew Ready
3. Kirwan Sanday
4. Michael Stolberg
5 Blake Enever
6 Luke Bertini
7. Michael Gunn
8. Ed Quirk
9. Jack Mullins
10 Matt Brandon
11. Shannon Walker
12. UJ Seuteni
13. Toby White
14. Sam Cox/Johnny Wilder
15 Jonah Placid

Bench: Albert Anae, Sam Denny, Greg Holmes, Beau Robinson, Luke Evans, Ben Lucas, CFS, Aidan Toua

This would ensure that ever club has a fair representation!!!

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
The last thing you want to do is let politics get in the way of the selection of the new "East Coast Aces" so I suggest you would just go with this lineup:

1. Pettowa Paraka
2. Andrew Ready
3. Kirwan Sanday
4. Michael Stolberg
5 Blake Enever
6 Luke Bertini
7. Michael Gunn
8. Ed Quirk
9. Jack Mullins
10 Matt Brandon
11. Shannon Walker
12. UJ Seuteni
13. Toby White
15 Jonah Placid

Bench: Albert Anae, Sam Denny, Greg Holmes, Beau Robinson, Luke Evans, Ben Lucas, CFS, Aidan Toua

I am doing the best I can not to throw my computer across the room with this post.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

1. Pettowa Paraka
2. Andrew Ready
3. Kirwan Sanday
4. Michael Stolberg
5 Blake Enever
6 Luke Bertini
7. Michael Gunn
8. Ed Quirk
9. Jack Mullins
10 Matt Brandon
11. Shannon Walker
12. UJ Seuteni
13. Toby White
15 Jonah Placid

I'd be keen for you to coach the team TT.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Does anyone have any insights into when round 1 is likely to be? Surely they're not waiting until April 26th after Easter to kick off?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It will probably be at the start of March. There was supposed to be a Premier meeting next week but it has been postponed until December. It would be great if they release a starting date soon though.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Its pretty much all hinging on whether the national comp comes in or not, obviously still some indecisiveness if they've pushed the meeting back another month.

My inside word tells me it looks like they'll be forgoing the national comp this year as its being rushed to make it happen, however, the longer they take to decide makes me think they're really trying to figure it out for 2014 and could possibly happen.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The issue is that some QRU heavies are in the UK following the Wallabies and on their cruise.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Still alive boys and still enjoying the memories of 8 September 2013 at Ballymore.

This is first post on the 2014 forum (trust me I won't get heavily involved) but just to let you know the Aust Club Championship between Easts & Sydney Uni will be played at Bottomley on 22 March 2014.

S15 will be on in earnest at the time with Rebels v Waratahs the night before, so thankfully it won't be Sydney Uni's top side.

Easts will be looking to go back to back ACCs having defeated Sydney Uni in the corresponding game in 2009 at Homebush.

Looking forward to all my old mates Jets, SX, Filth, Stalwart, Breakdown, etc coming down to Bottomley on the day and supporting the Tigers!

Happy Christmas all - I won't post again until the new year.

What's everyone's take on the national club comp - I can't see the ARU getting it off the ground in 2014 - apparently they are asking for a $200k entry fee - not many Brisbane clubs have that type of dough.

There has been some chat around the season starting on 8 March. That might mess up this game. Guess we'll have to wait for the draw to come out to confirm.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm sure I speak for all clubs when I say, We NEED to know ASAP so we can all start planning... pre-seasons, camps, trials, etc.

Starting at the start of March vs Easter in Mid April is a 6 week gap!! Thats massive in regards to planning.

As The Big Dog mentions, the reason for the delay may be they are trying to push it through for 2014?? Otherwise surely the information should have been released by now??

Anyone from QRU on this forum? Any whispers at QRU-HQ?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There is a train of thought that some people don't want it to happen so aren't sharing the information. All the Sydney clubs seem to know all about it.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
There is a Club proposed comp that runs from April to September. No confirmation of if it will go ahead. It involves separating 1st, 2nd and Colts from the rest of club rugby. Sounds like something that happened in Brisbane 10 years ago and didn't work.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Id be more concerned with clubs becoming alienated as we could end up with a situation where certain clubs who manage to get into the national comp (whether financially, specifically selected etc) are seen as the top tier and as such recieve the bulk of good players who want to be involved with a club in the national comp. Leaves the rest of the clubs with big holes in their egos and player pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.